Another reason to love the Guns reunion!

Sammy would love a VH reunion....for the right reasons- "The last thing I wanted to do was find out you are sick or something, and realize you have this bad blood and you don't want to take it to the grave."   Look it up- Sammy doesn't need the money...I saw him last summer in Minnesota (small show- 1500 people at $45 a pop with Michael Anthony and Jason Bonham in his band).  Dude does it for the love of of it.   Sooo glad Guns is back.....no matter the set bitching people do and crying over no new music.  Our band is back- just appreciate it! http://www.sgvtribune.com/arts-and-entertainment/20170331/steve-smith-hagar-wants-to-tour-with-van-halen-roth-the-doors-krieger-celebrates-anniversary-and-more

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

That's all!?  Dude Axl, Slash, and Duff have teamed up for the first time in over 20 years and given so many fans happy memories and kickass performances in some huge ass venues that 99 percent of the population can only dream of playing. GNR is back, and they have been kicking ass for a year and some months! 

Yes, I've enjoyed my shows and am glad to see Slash and Duff back in their spots, but I don't know for how long they will be back, so my heart is made of stone now.

Too many heartbreaks made me this way and I don't want to feel different until I am given some warrants of having Slash and Duff BACK FOR REAL in the band.

12 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Yes, I've enjoyed my shows and am glad to see Slash and Duff back in their spots, but I don't know for how long they will be back, so my heart is made of stone now.

Too many heartbreaks made me this way and I don't want to feel different until I am given some warrants of having Slash and Duff BACK FOR REAL in the band.

Come on, Axl and this band may be guilty of many things but you can't blame them for your heart of stone :P

Just kidding ^_^

6 hours ago, Original said:

Sammy would love a VH reunion....for the right reasons- "The last thing I wanted to do was find out you are sick or something, and realize you have this bad blood and you don't want to take it to the grave."   Look it up- Sammy doesn't need the money...I saw him last summer in Minnesota (small show- 1500 people at $45 a pop with Michael Anthony and Jason Bonham in his band).  Dude does it for the love of of it.   Sooo glad Guns is back.....no matter the set bitching people do and crying over no new music.  Our band is back- just appreciate it! http://www.sgvtribune.com/arts-and-entertainment/20170331/steve-smith-hagar-wants-to-tour-with-van-halen-roth-the-doors-krieger-celebrates-anniversary-and-more

i think i said this in another thread but i have gotten more than i expected ( not hoped but expected. ) do i HOPE for more? sure! but i am not gonna cry if it doesn't happen * shrugs*

I ticked off a bucket lister when I saw Axl, duff and slash on the same stage....

anyone that tries to tell you this doesn't matter or is more of the same shouldn't be taken seriously! 

And if if you are really that mad at the band or let down that there is no new music yet, and it's affecting you so much... Well, in the words of Axl, perhaps you should wait for Jesus, I hear the pay off is much greater! 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, EvH said:

I know, I too miss the time when the band featured an extra from a Tim Burton Movie, a professionnal towel wielder and a pyjama wearing alcoholic :rolleyes:

Axl's solo band was truly pathetic. So glad it's all over.

• Like 4

Just now, Silent Jay said:

There is still bad blood between Axl and Slash obviously, probably Duff too, and they all need the money. So little for the love of it.

Do you have any credible evidence for these allegations?

5 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

Do you think Axl views Slash as his friend? Do you think they don't need the money, that they're doing it for the love of it?

Every tour is a cash grab and even a AfD5 tour would be one. I can't image that they will play for free. 

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1

All this "cash-grab" talk... ugh. You pple make me nauseated. What did you guys expect? Free gigs for the whole tour? 

New music? You people have no fuckin clue about the process of creating, composing, recording and releasing, right? No fuckin clue. 

ONE FUCKIN YEAR, ONE-FUCKIN-YEAR in which they're still probably starting to feel like a band again now, and not in the first month. 

Edited by default_
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, default_ said:

New music? You people have no fuckin clue about the process of creating, composing, recording and releasing, right? No fuckin clue. 

Yeah, I think it is 20 years each album. We are all so delusional!

• Like 2

Just now, killuridols said:

Yeah, I think it is 20 years each album. We are all so delusional!

Of course not, but its not A YEAR process in which most of this time you were touring and rebounding, do you think they forgot all the drama and became super buddies just after their first dinner? It takes time, TIME. 

Have you ever tried to create and profissionaly record a song? It takes a little more time than you all think, you'll not have an idea today and record it tomorrow, it doenst take 20 years like CD, but it certainly dont take a year, specially when you're the band everyone is looking at, just imagine the pressure. 

IF there is any new music to come, they've probably started to look into it on this break. Its not 90's anymore, they have families and schedulles, they need to rest, they need to think, rebound and feel like a real band again. 

10 hours ago, killuridols said:

"Our band is back".... for how long, exactly? :rolleyes:

Too many disappointments throughout 25 years have taught me not to get overexcited with anything this band does.

They've been on a cash-grab tour for a year and some months. That's all.

I will consider saying "our band is back" when I learn about the projects they have, as a band, for the next 3-5 years.

Everything else is just more of the same.

For years all people did was say how Axl and Slash need to get back together. Now they finally have and even though (only) a year a passed, people are (still) saying stuff like this. It just baffles me lol.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, default_ said:

Of course not, but its not A YEAR process in which most of this time you were touring and rebounding, do you think they forgot all the drama and became super buddies just after their first dinner? It takes time, TIME. 

Have you ever tried to create and profissionaly record a song? It takes a little more time than you all think, you'll not have an idea today and record it tomorrow, it doenst take 20 years like CD, but it certainly dont take a year, specially when you're the band everyone is looking at, just imagine the pressure. 

IF there is any new music to come, they've probably started to look into it on this break. Its not 90's anymore, they have families and schedulles, they need to rest, they need to think, rebound and feel like a real band again. 

If you actually read my first comment, I never meant to say that I am expecting for them to drop an album right now. I know recording/releasing music is not easy task but it doesn't take ages either, especially today, in the Internet era, you don't even need to release a whole album. A couple singles would do.

Besides, Axl has a lot of material he's been working on for a long time. I don't think he's going to throw all of that to the trash bin to start from scratch. Actually he said, last year, that he had shown some of this material to Slash and Duff, to see if they could/would want to collaborate, therefore, expecting some news regarding what was said in June 2016, I don't think it is that much of a crazy expectation.

14 minutes ago, Black Sabbath said:

For years all people did was say how Axl and Slash need to get back together. Now they finally have and even though (only) a year a passed, people are (still) saying stuff like this. It just baffles me lol.

Well, I'm not "people". I'm my own person and whenever I comment I am talking for myself, not for the other million fans in the world.

This could be the case of someone who jumped boat in 1993 but not me. I've stuck with Axl, through hell and hell, for all the time he was on and off the spotlight, with all of the ChinDem drama, nuGNR, all the nuGNR lineups, tour after tour, only one album in 20 years and now the reunion with Slash and Duff.

To be honest, I never believed Slash would return so I didnt put my expectations on that. After CD, I was hoping for its sequel or whatever it is Axl promised he was working on. So probably I've been waiting for new music for longer than the casuals and all the other fans who woke up in 2016.

Not my fault, not their fault. We are here just sharing our opinions and personal views on this thing. Not trying to say someone is right or wrong on how they feel about the reunion. This is how it is for me and that's all.