Another reason to love the Guns reunion!

53 minutes ago, Black Sabbath said:

For years all people did was say how Axl and Slash need to get back together. Now they finally have and even though (only) a year a passed, people are (still) saying stuff like this. It just baffles me lol.

Well some people said Guns N Roses should get back together....we sort of have that, but not really.  Anyone who said they wanted Axl and Slash to get back together should be satisfied. 

There's nothing baffling in any of that.   

• Like 4

1 hour ago, default_ said:

Of course not, but its not A YEAR process in which most of this time you were touring and rebounding, do you think they forgot all the drama and became super buddies just after their first dinner? It takes time, TIME. 

Have you ever tried to create and profissionaly record a song? It takes a little more time than you all think, you'll not have an idea today and record it tomorrow, it doenst take 20 years like CD, but it certainly dont take a year, specially when you're the band everyone is looking at, just imagine the pressure. 

IF there is any new music to come, they've probably started to look into it on this break. Its not 90's anymore, they have families and schedulles, they need to rest, they need to think, rebound and feel like a real band again. 

The Snakepit recorded and mixed the songs in 28 days. There is that as well

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Get In the Ring Motherfker said:

The Snakepit recorded and mixed the songs in 28 days. There is that as well

Yeah, but Slash already had the songs, recording and mastering is the easiest part on the process. (except for Axl)

2 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

Do you think Axl views Slash as his friend? Do you think they don't need the money, that they're doing it for the love of it?

It must have been love but it's over now.

It must have been good but they lost it somehow.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, default_ said:

All this "cash-grab" talk... ugh. You pple make me nauseated. What did you guys expect? Free gigs for the whole tour? 

New music? You people have no fuckin clue about the process of creating, composing, recording and releasing, right? No fuckin clue. 

ONE FUCKIN YEAR, ONE-FUCKIN-YEAR in which they're still probably starting to feel like a band again now, and not in the first month. 

They should bring back Steven and Izzy and they should play a show in my town for free! No they should play for free but they should have to pay Steven and Izzy! And after the show they can have a bite to eat and then go to the studio to record an album! And they should have it out by my birthday! No, ON my birthday.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i think i said this in another thread but i have gotten more than i expected ( not hoped but expected. ) do i HOPE for more? sure! but i am not gonna cry if it doesn't happen * shrugs*

Hagar is a jerk IMO - almost ruined the my first ever Favorite band VH - DLR is the man - Hagar made  VH - buggle gum rock - Only good lp was 5150 and it was intended for DLR - Listen to a interview with Hagar - Egotistical jerk

• Like 1

Just now, tsinindy said:

Well some people said Guns N Roses should get back together....we sort of have that, but not really.  Anyone who said they wanted Axl and Slash to get back together should be satisfied. 

There's nothing baffling in any of that.   

This ?

4 minutes ago, Słash said:

If you are Axl's "Soon" then anyone would be pissed. 

Ha!  Im more Fortus's soon.  So no one puts too much stock on it but it always makes one hopeful for "next year"

And last time he said that we got the regrouping the next year!

5 minutes ago, Słash said:

If you are Axl's "Soon" then anyone would be pissed. 

That quote was so misunderstood. He said “I don't know if soon is the word but it will come out“ and not just “soon is the word“.

• Like 1

I feel like we were very close to get a new album in 2014/5 (CDII done, with CDremixes and new songs from 2014 (Rose/Fortus/ashba)) that was it and I was pretty excited, after all these years Stay Of Execution. And now even though we got AC/DC, we keep waiting more years because of Slash? That's quite frustrating. Just get him on the '95 stuff Fortus was working on. I'm happy for his fans and all, but to me hell did not freeze over. Duff was pretty buddy buddy with Axl since 2010. I don't understand. It ain't even a reunion. And I can't believe I am still here.

I guess that's nice they're playing more stadiums, but it won't last forever.

1 hour ago, Sosso said:

That quote was so misunderstood. He said “I don't know if soon is the word but it will come out“ and not just “soon is the word“.

This one? That was five years ago.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/axl-rose-promises-new-guns-n-roses-album-sooner-than-chinese-democracy-20121031

1 minute ago, Sosso said:

@Silent Jay I talked about the interview from the VMA's 2002. 

Yeah of course no shit. It's just that Axl ain't misunderstood, he's just a bullshiter sometimes.

On MyGnR chats: "I hope to do this again soon, maybe sooner than u'd think! And u didn't scare me off I'm just burnt and would rather not misspeak on issues that may mean a lot to some."

On Better music video : " Soon is the word as in a week or so."

etc...

5 hours ago, Black Sabbath said:

For years all people did was say how Axl and Slash need to get back together. Now they finally have and even though (only) a year a passed, people are (still) saying stuff like this. It just baffles me lol.

Probably because Axl and Slash not getting along was the biggest stumbling block for an actual reunion. Also, one who has been active consistently enough in this forum would notice that a lot of the complaining picked up after more revelations about why we're not getting an actual reunion

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

What the fuck do you about that matter? Jack fucking shit.

lol someone's mad. Look at what Perla's money grubbing forced Slash to do. Now he lets Axl cuck him because a divorce and child support ain't cheap.

1 hour ago, Silent Jay said:

I feel like we were very close to get a new album in 2014/5 (CDII done, with CDremixes and new songs from 2014 (Rose/Fortus/ashba)) that was it and I was pretty excited, after all these years Stay Of Execution. And now even though we got AC/DC, we keep waiting more years because of Slash? That's quite frustrating. Just get him on the '95 stuff Fortus was working on. I'm happy for his fans and all, but to me hell did not freeze over. Duff was pretty buddy buddy with Axl since 2010. I don't understand. It ain't even a reunion. And I can't believe I am still here.

I guess that's nice they're playing more stadiums, but it won't last forever.

This one? That was five years ago.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/axl-rose-promises-new-guns-n-roses-album-sooner-than-chinese-democracy-20121031

Lol we were not close to a new album in 2014

6 hours ago, Black Sabbath said:

Why do people assume that's what every fan wanted?

Think about those who have Izzy as their favorite member. Back then Axl was talking shit about Slash and it seemed impossible to have a reunion but Izzy on the other hand was getting along with all of them. He joined Axl and VR on stage and collaborated with both for new material, it was a given that he would be part of a reunion (which Marc Canter confirmed he was into back in 2007) while the problems seemed to be Slash and Duff (back then Steven's inclussion didn't seem possible at all and there were good reasons for it unlike nowadays). So why should Izzy fans be happy that Axl, Slash and Duff are back together when Izzy was left out of the reunion?

Yes, it's true that SOME fans only care about Slash and Axl and you can see a lot of people completely satisfied with the reunion but they don't represent the whole fanbase and they didn't back then either.

• Like 3

Just now, ZoSoRose said:

Lol we were not close to a new album in 2014

I think so. Probably for a 2015/2016 release. Axl was working on a few Fortus/Ashba songs and even recorded fresh new vocals in 2014. He then worked in studio with Pitman all year and early 2015. Plus the Stay Of Execution thing. And the revolver interview. He must have bailed out after Tollett's call.