Another reason to love the Guns reunion!

29 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Why do people assume that's what every fan wanted?

Think about those who have Izzy as their favorite member. Back then Axl was talking shit about Slash and it seemed impossible to have a reunion but Izzy on the other hand was getting along with all of them. He joined Axl and VR on stage and collaborated with both for new material, it was a given that he would be part of a reunion (which Marc Canter confirmed he was into back in 2007) while the problems seemed to be Slash and Duff (back then Steven's inclussion didn't seem possible at all and there were good reasons for it unlike nowadays). So why should Izzy fans be happy that Axl, Slash and Duff are back together when Izzy was left out of the reunion?

Yes, it's true that SOME fans only care about Slash and Axl and you can see a lot of people completely satisfied with the reunion but they don't represent the whole fanbase and they didn't back then either.

Exactly.

There are all kind of fans out there. From the very beginning of times, from the 90's, from the 00's. The ones who stuck forever, the ones who gave up and only came back last year. Expectations are as varied as fans this band has.

Also, very true that all this time many of us never thought of Slash returning, with things like "cancer", "should have never been in the band for starters" and "not in this lifetime", who would have REALLY thought in a few years Slash would be back with Axl? Only the ones who own the crystal ball (seems like some fans have it) :rolleyes:

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, cqleonardo said:

Sammy singing his songs, Dave his songs, they teaming up to sing the last two songs, Michael and Wolfie spliting the bass work, that would be a dream

lol, you haven't seen Dave lately.  He's awful now...and Sammy?  Most over-rated, over-hyped, under-talented dude in rock.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

I think so. Probably for a 2015/2016 release. Axl was working on a few Fortus/Ashba songs and even recorded fresh new vocals in 2014. He then worked in studio with Pitman all year and early 2015. Plus the Stay Of Execution thing. And the revolver interview. He must have bailed out after Tollett's call.

Wow! We got ourselves an insider. :lol::facepalm: Give me a break. You don't like Slash in the band. Too bad!

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

lol, you haven't seen Dave lately.  He's awful now...and Sammy?  Most over-rated, over-hyped, under-talented dude in rock.

I know that Dave is sounding bad but even in this way, his songs sound better than with Sammy. and don't say this about Sammy, the guy is a rock legend

After Azoff does this festival with the Eagles and Fleetwood Mac, he's probably going to do the same thing next year with Van Halen playing 2 night stadium shows with Sam one night, Dave the next, Michael Anthony and Wolfgang taking turns on bass. It wouldn't be far fetched if GNR play one or two of those shows, even factoring in the Azoff vs Rose lawsuit. Celebrating the 40th anniversary of Van Halen's first album and the 30th anniversary of AFD (or at least when AFD screamed up the charts) at one show??  It would be for a ridiculous amount of money to see it happen, esp. if there was an AFD lineup reunion w/ Izzy & Steven taking part, it would be a year and a half from now. 

13 hours ago, cqleonardo said:

I know that Dave is sounding bad but even in this way, his songs sound better than with Sammy. and don't say this about Sammy, the guy is a rock legend

Is he though?  I mean Montrose was pretty solid.  But what did he do after that?  Three Lock Box?  Ok, great song. 

55?  Please lol.  And the stuff with VH was not great overall.  

I just don't get the love for the dude when there are so many other, more talented guys (and girls) out there.

1 hour ago, Oldest Goat said:

I'm no Van Halen expert and tend to prefer the Dave era stuff but the Sammy fronted 'Why Can't This Be Love?', 'Dreams' and 'Right Now' are rather good.

Yah, the vox on those songs are good.  I'll give you that, but I don't think the songs themselves are all that great :)

If Slash and Duff didn't come back I wouldn't have lost anything. I saw them in the 90s with Izzy. But it's not about me, it's for people who want to see them for the first time or just back together. A reunion can be part of a rock career now. Aerosmith, Eagles, Van Halen and now GNR. It can be fun and creative!

• Like 1

On 4/4/2017 at 4:05 AM, Tadsy said:

I ticked off a bucket lister when I saw Axl, duff and slash on the same stage....

anyone that tries to tell you this doesn't matter or is more of the same shouldn't be taken seriously! 

And if if you are really that mad at the band or let down that there is no new music yet, and it's affecting you so much... Well, in the words of Axl, perhaps you should wait for Jesus, I hear the pay off is much greater! 

OMG i did too! and even if AFD5 never happens i have that night to cherish :wub:

• Like 1

It does my head in when people speak for other people. 'It's what everyone wanted'. It's not what I wanted. I've wanted Izzy Stradlin back in GN'R since I was 9 years old, I'm 35 now. 

He's my favourite songwriter, my favourite guitarist, my favourite GN'R member, my favourite solo artist and the reason I'm a professional musician who owns a guitar store which as you walk in has a framed Izzy portrait, a framed Ju Ju Hounds record, Izzy's artwork and a framed Patience 12 inch. It pains me greatly that he still isn't there. 

I miss his dry choppy rhythm guitar, his chemistry with Slash, Duff and Axl and his lead and backing vocals greatly. 

Edited by Izzymacbeth
Spellibg and additional text
  • Like 3

The fact that I got to see Axl/Slash/Duff (GnR) on stage again (both Vegas shows) after 23 years was awesome.  And I'll see them again this summer.  1993 me would have never thought that Axl ('93-2015) would have gone off the deep end tp the degree he did.  As far as sets and his voice etc....it's all good/kick ass to me.  Like Baz said "we got our fucking band back"!  Hope Sammy gets to find peace with Eddie, although sounds like Eddie truly is psycho.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Izzymacbeth said:

It does my head in when people speak for other people. 'It's what everyone wanted'. It's not what I wanted. I've wanted Izzy Stradlin back in GN'R since I was 9 years old, I'm 35 now. 

He's my favourite songwriter, my favourite guitarist, my favourite GN'R member, my favourite solo artist and the reason I'm a professional musician who owns a guitar store which as you walk in has a framed Izzy portrait, a framed Ju Ju Hounds record, Izzy's artwork and a framed Patience 12 inch. It pains me greatly that he still isn't there. 

I miss his dry choppy rhythm guitar, his chemistry with Slash, Duff and Axl and his lead and backing vocals greatly. 

On 4/5/2017 at 5:49 AM, tsinindy said:

Is he though?  I mean Montrose was pretty solid.  But what did he do after that?  Three Lock Box?  Ok, great song. 

55?  Please lol.  And the stuff with VH was not great overall.  

I just don't get the love for the dude when there are so many other, more talented guys (and girls) out there.

rock candy? :)

3 minutes ago, Original said:

The fact that I got to see Axl/Slash/Duff (GnR) on stage again (both Vegas shows) after 23 years was awesome.  And I'll see them again this summer.  1993 me would have never thought that Axl ('93-2015) would have gone off the deep end tp the degree he did.  As far as sets and his voice etc....it's all good/kick ass to me.  Like Baz said "we got our fucking band back"!  Hope Sammy gets to find peace with Eddie, although sounds like Eddie truly is psycho.

oh yeah agree pretty much about Eddie have heard some crazy stuff about him :facepalm: