Xbox One X (formerly Xbox Scorpio)

downzy

I've got an XBoxOne and a Switch and I recently bought a GTX 1080 for my pc so I'm probably going to give this a pass. I'm guessing that most of the exclusives will be available on PC anyway. 

• Like 1

I don't see why anyone would buy an XB1X if they own a PC that can already handle 4K and HDR gaming.  Really feels like it's a product akin to the Xbox Elite controller - it's there for people who want a premium gaming console experience.  Plus it's a nice and relatively cheaper way to get 4K gaming if you're not in the market for a PC (like me).

• Like 2

Decided to go ahead and get a One S since it'll be a while before the X is released, and even longer until it's on sale. I picked up the Forza 1 TB bundle with a free extra wireless controller, and free 3 months Xbox Live Gold. Don't care about Forza, so I'll just sell that on eBay.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

If you do get an Xbox One let me add you.

We really should start a MyGNRForum posse in Red Dead Redemption 2 lol @downzy. RDR2 is definitely one to get @wasted and the best version will be on the Xbox One X. Check out the e3 presentation, pretty much all the games they showed looked cool.

P.S. I promise I'm less annoying when I'm not typing out little quips all the time :lol:

It does seem to come down to one game. I normally buy a console for GTA but play a few other Rockstar games like LA Noire. 

Are these games 4k, do you need a 4k tv, what is 4k?

1 hour ago, Oldest Goat said:

4k is the resolution but no you don't need a 4k TV. There are other cool games coming out but I'm most looking forward to RDR2

I never got round to that on the 360, still trying to complete Bioshock 2. GTA V was a bit boring so RD2 might be a better open world game to start with. 

• 2 years later...

I can't believe the last post in this thread is more than two years old!

Well, I bought an Xbox one X yesterday. Since our old TV died I bought a 4k television, so one thing led to another. I wanted a device capable of outputting true 4K so I was eyeing the X. Also, I purposely waited till the end of its life cycle to buy this console. I now have a whole library of cheap used games to chose from. MGSV for 9 euro, formula 1 2017 for 14 euro, that kind of stuff.

I never got into the latest console generation (apart from the switch) so I'm not sure what to expect here. It's all really exciting.

The OS is a bit of a clusterfuck, I feel a bit lost there. that's a bit of a letdown, it's frankly quite intimidating.

I'm super excited to play rare replay in 4k (some of these games recently got one X enhancements) and some of the games that didnt make the switch such as RE7, RE2 and the F1 games. Also, having analogue triggers for racing games is such a relief. Can't wait to try some of the better rally games on this. And blair witch seems super suspenseful and awesome. Sure, it's a slow game but in this case this fits the narrative.

Not interested in xbox live, game pass or any of that. No monthly payments for me. Physical and offline all the way.

But yeah, I'm so excited for having a new console and discovering all it's quirks. It costs a few dollars more, but life is short I always say.

Edited by action

On 2019-09-19 at 4:06 AM, action said:

I can't believe the last post in this thread is more than two years old!

Well, I bought an Xbox one X yesterday. Since our old TV died I bought a 4k television, so one thing led to another. I wanted a device capable of outputting true 4K so I was eyeing the X. Also, I purposely waited till the end of its life cycle to buy this console. I now have a whole library of cheap used games to chose from. MGSV for 9 euro, formula 1 2017 for 14 euro, that kind of stuff.

I never got into the latest console generation (apart from the switch) so I'm not sure what to expect here. It's all really exciting.

The OS is a bit of a clusterfuck, I feel a bit lost there. that's a bit of a letdown, it's frankly quite intimidating.

I'm super excited to play rare replay in 4k (some of these games recently got one X enhancements) and some of the games that didnt make the switch such as RE7, RE2 and the F1 games. Also, having analogue triggers for racing games is such a relief. Can't wait to try some of the better rally games on this. And blair witch seems super suspenseful and awesome. Sure, it's a slow game but in this case this fits the narrative.

Not interested in xbox live, game pass or any of that. No monthly payments for me. Physical and offline all the way.

But yeah, I'm so excited for having a new console and discovering all it's quirks. It costs a few dollars more, but life is short I always say.

The only game I've played so far that takes advantage of the X's capabilities is RDR2.  It's the most gorgeous video game I think I've ever played and definitely a reason to own an Xbox One X.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, downzy said:

The only game I've played so far that takes advantage of the X's capabilities is RDR2.  It's the most gorgeous video game I think I've ever played and definitely a reason to own an Xbox One X.

that game is really a graphical onslaught. might pick it up when i find a reasonably priced used copy.

would you say this game has much replay value, after finishing the story?

is this a game you would pick up when you're short on time, and you just want an hour of fun?

23 minutes ago, action said:

that game is really a graphical onslaught. might pick it up when i find a reasonably priced used copy.

would you say this game has much replay value, after finishing the story?

is this a game you would pick up when you're short on time, and you just want an hour of fun?

I took me six weeks to beat the story mode (one of the longest story mode games I've every played) and then another three months to accomplish 100 percent.  There's so much to this game.  I have friends who will play it online just for the fishing alone.  

You can do both with it.  You can pick it up and go on some hunting/fishing missions, or you can go deep into the story.  Really depends on what you want to do or up for.  

1 hour ago, downzy said:

I took me six weeks to beat the story mode (one of the longest story mode games I've every played) and then another three months to accomplish 100 percent.  There's so much to this game.  I have friends who will play it online just for the fishing alone.  

You can do both with it.  You can pick it up and go on some hunting/fishing missions, or you can go deep into the story.  Really depends on what you want to do or up for.  

yeah that's what I thought. definately on my radar, this one