What is the secret to Axl Rose and Sebastian Bach's long-running friendship?

i remember axl saying that everyone anticipated that they would feud.  It seemed like Axl wanted to prove that wrong.  The story of Baz appearing with two beers and two joints.

Seems from the 2006 Trunk interview that Baz and Axl hadn't spoken in some time.  So maybe a relationship that has natural breaks is best for axl?

I dunno.

Heres some insights on the friendship by Bach:

Sebastian always comes across as a genuinely funny & normal guy whenever I've heard him being interviewed or whatever, maybe Axl just likes the guys company? :) I've probably heard more interviews with Bach than I've heard his songs, and coincidentally I literally just finished watching the below because Youtube suggested it:

Whenever Bach pops up on a rock site or whatever and is just talking I wanna hear what he has to say, yet I've still not listened to Angel Down even though Axl's on it. I've seen him live with GNR about 5 times and always enjoy his additions to My Michelle so should probably listen to some more Skid Row or his solo stuff, I'd probably really enjoy it :)

• Like 2

Theres this little mini interview before the song starts with Baz where he talks about not having seen him in over 10 years. On the eddie trunk radio show with Axl, he went more into depth about it IIRC (I think on there he says he hadn't seen Axl in 13 years, but I havent heard the full interview in a while to fully remember)

10 minutes ago, downliner said:

yet I've still not listened to Angel Down even though Axl's on it.

Stuck Inside is the real highlight imo. Axl wrote his own lines and melodies for that one. Its awesome!

Edited by Mendez
  • Like 2

Cool vid @Mendez thanks :) Sebastian is just so animated, I can't help but smile. His appearance on MTV Cribs was hilarious, if you've not seen it you should check it out on Youtube. His Kiss fanboyism is like 100x more severe than my own for GNR/Izzy. His entire house seemed to be decorated wall to wall in memorabilia and that's just awesome :lol:

• Like 1

I think Axl just loves that guy. He makes him laugh and all that stuff and he's a great honest guy to be around with. And I think it's hard to find that kind of people when your name is Axl Rose - you know to find real friends, but I think Baz is one of them. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, downliner said:

Cool vid @Mendez thanks :) Sebastian is just so animated, I can't help but smile. His appearance on MTV Cribs was hilarious, if you've not seen it you should check it out on Youtube. His Kiss fanboyism is like 100x more severe than my own for GNR/Izzy. His entire house seemed to be decorated wall to wall in memorabilia and that's just awesome :lol:

Sad thing is that Hurricane Irene in 2011 took pretty much everything featured in that Cribs episode...

http://noisecreep.com/sebastian-bach-loses-his-new-jersey-home-to-hurricane-irene/

19 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

Speaking of those two guys...I just listened to this the other day. Love listening to them! :lol:

This is GOLD, man. This should be sold in vinyl. I want to listen to this every day of my life!

Really, this interview is the best ever! Axl and Sebastian are made for each other :lol: and Howard Stern knows how to bring the best out of them.

And omg, sweet Erin with her cute little voice :heart:.... Those were the days!

• Like 1

they got on well and guns and skid row had history and both bands enjoyed touring together in the late eighties early ninties. Sebastian mentions it in his book that he had not seen axl in a lot of years and suddently they contacted each other around 2006 when axl started to make public appearances.  Sebastian made axl feel good to be out in the public eye again and seb never had an agenda with axl.

5 hours ago, RONIN said:

He's a bootlicker like Del, therefore Axl keeps him around. 

This. 

Also, people seem to forget that they haven't really been "friends" for as long as it seems. 

In the Eddie Trunk 06 interview, they both mention how they hadn't talked to each other in over a decade. Axl just happened to reach out to Bach prior to the Hammerstein shows and Bach was available due to the fact that he's A) Sebastian Bach and B) what you mentioned. 

• Like 4

Sebastian probably says "yes" to Axl all the time. :rolleyes:

8 hours ago, RONIN said:

He's a bootlicker like Del, therefore Axl keeps him around. 

THIS.

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

This. 

Also, people seem to forget that they haven't really been "friends" for as long as it seems. 

In the Eddie Trunk 06 interview, they both mention how they hadn't talked to each other in over a decade. Axl just happened to reach out to Bach prior to the Hammerstein shows and Bach was available due to the fact that he's A) Sebastian Bach and B) what you mentioned. 

And this.

• Like 2

I was able to view them shoot the shit very privately.  Although they may not talk for some time the two of them get on like they are best friends.  There was nothing but love between them when I was there with them in 2010

• Like 3

Why does there have to be a secret?  Friends are friends aren't they, they get along...and anyway, how do you know about the level of friendship to presume there's anything deep to it, just cuz you talk to someone privately, or even confide in them about certain things doesn't suggest anything out of the ordinary or exceptional, it's just human relationships.

7 minutes ago, gunsguy said:

I was able to view them shoot the shit very privately.  

Couldn't've been that fuckin' private then could it? :lol:  What were you, looking through a keyhole or something? :lol:

• Like 3

Everyone knows that Axl can't just have a normal relationship with a friend. They have to A) be on his payroll. B) Be a Yes man. C) TB.

Joking ofc. They seems to just get along? why do it have to be some kind of mystical secret to just have a friendship? Axl is human (i think) lol.

Baz is hilarious btw :lol: i wish he could do some guest spots this summer.

• Like 1

Maybe they're just friends? Didn't know there was a big secret to friendships. Some people you're cool with and enjoy their company. Seems like they fall in this category. It's just called...being friends.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, J Dog said:

Maybe they're just friends? Didn't know there was a big secret to friendships. Some people you're cool with and enjoy their company. Seems like they fall in this category. It's just called...being friends.

Now you're just complicating things :lol: