Axl and Slash versus Izzy

Didn't Slash say that Izzy bailed during the illusions tour? I think him and Duff were pretty pissed off at the time. Once Izzy was sober Guns was over... 

Major turning point of the band was when Izzy became sober and Axl seized control of the band and it all happened about the same time.... coincidence? Still scratching my head how a band that creates amazing music can let it all just......

• Like 1

I think they were indeed pissed off with Izzy at the time but I also believe once they quit the band and got clean themselves, they were able to see things from Izzy's perspective and they understood his decision.

I think Axl's problems were always there but once the success started to come, his problems started to increase.

Anyway, happy birthday Izzy, I love you! :wub:

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Silverburst80 said:

Slash only ever seemed pissed at Izzy because he left via email, not because he left in general.

E-Mail in 1991 is unlikely. Whatever...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jerry said:

Didn't Slash say that Izzy bailed during the illusions tour? I think him and Duff were pretty pissed off at the time. Once Izzy was sober Guns was over... 

Major turning point of the band was when Izzy became sober and Axl seized control of the band and it all happened about the same time.... coincidence? Still scratching my head how a band that creates amazing music can let it all just......

it was more like axl and slash hijacking the band from the others

then axl hijacked the band from slash

18 minutes ago, downliner said:

Izzy Stradlin is Guns N Roses.

Axl, Slash and Duff could release the greatest album ever recorded tomorrow and I still wouldn't consider it a true GN'R record if Izzy wasn't involved.

I'm buying tickets at extortionate prices because I wanna see Axl live, he's without doubt one of the greatest singers of all time, but I feel guilty as fuck when I hit that Buy button.

When there was a clear differentiation between GNR and NuGNR it wasn't so bad, but currently it feels like the band are being purposefully deceitful and tricking the general public into believing they are seeing a reunited GNR.... & unfortunately the majority are suckers for a million dollar marketing campaign I guess. Izzy wrote a lot of those songs and he isn't on stage, and judging by his tweets he wants to be on stage, providing he's treated like an equal and not treated like a mere employee being paid a fraction of his worth :(

Anyone disappointed with the lack of studio releases from GNR in the last 20+ years only needs to give Izzys solo releases a few spins, plenty of gems to be found in there. He's the backbone of the true GNR dynamic.

mm75z8.jpg

"You fucking loser, you stole my Guns"

what a timeline!

(guess you should put "oh my god" there)

===

i am hoping izzy can go to the "upside" of it sometime sooner than later so we all can get GNR again!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, downliner said:

Izzy Stradlin is Guns N Roses.

Axl, Slash and Duff could release the greatest album ever recorded tomorrow and I still wouldn't consider it a true GN'R record if Izzy wasn't involved.

I'm buying tickets at extortionate prices because I wanna see Axl live, he's without doubt one of the greatest singers of all time, but I feel guilty as fuck when I hit that Buy button.

When there was a clear differentiation between GNR and NuGNR it wasn't so bad, but currently it feels like the band are being purposefully deceitful and tricking the general public into believing they are seeing a reunited GNR.... & unfortunately the majority are suckers for a million dollar marketing campaign I guess. Izzy wrote a lot of those songs and he isn't on stage, and judging by his tweets he wants to be on stage, providing he's treated like an equal and not treated like a mere employee being paid a fraction of his worth :(

Anyone disappointed with the lack of studio releases from GNR in the last 20+ years only needs to give Izzys solo releases a few spins, plenty of gems to be found in there. He's the backbone of the true GNR dynamic.

mm75z8.jpg

"You fucking loser, you stole my Guns"

I agree with everything you said, except for the sentence in yellow. I dont think they're deceiving anyone with what they are doing. With the internet being as huge as it is now, I have a hard time believing people are paying extorbitant prices and dont know what they are getting themselves into. People know that its just Axl, Slash and Duff up there with hired hands around them. They just dont have a problem with it. or are willing to go see the show anyway because Slash and Duff are back full time. I saw the show last year here in LA, I knew Izzy wasnt there. I was fortunate Steven played the night I went.  

7 minutes ago, NicDwolfwood said:

It was a fax actually. Izzy quit through fax. 

the amount of "quality information" on this forum is mindblowing

:rofl-lol:

43 minutes ago, cheesecake said:

Not this again....

Welcome to the Guns N' Roses fan forum. Where we beat the same shit out time and again till death do us part.

:lol:

thats because the band releases so much new studio albums and play so many deep cuts and obscure tracks and so many different songs on every live performance that people get lost

so people need to go back to their confort zones and talk about the same crap

dont blame it on the band!

7 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

A fax?! Are you certain of these facts?

1 minute ago, ludurigan said:

the amount of "quality information" on this forum is mindblowing

My mistake. I got mixed up. He sent the band a fax that he wasnt gonna be in the Don't Cry video.

I think he quit through a letter that he sent to management and they passed along the message to the band. Slash mentioned that in an interview i think. I really cant remember and im too fucking lazy to look it up.

2 hours ago, Fele said:

E-Mail in 1991 is unlikely. Whatever...

My mistake, had email on the brain as i was sending a few of my own before i posted. I knew was through means of communication that wasn't face to face which is what irked Slash, Slash fully understood why Izzy left as far as i can tell and didn't have a problem with that per se.

Edited by Silverburst80

2 hours ago, NicDwolfwood said:

My mistake. I got mixed up. He sent the band a fax that he wasnt gonna be in the Don't Cry video.

I think he quit through a letter that he sent to management and they passed along the message to the band. Slash mentioned that in an interview i think. I really cant remember and im too fucking lazy to look it up.

more quality info...huh... i think...or...huh...i really cant remember!

3 hours ago, NicDwolfwood said:

This one

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Silverburst80 said:

Yes i fucked up, it was actually a smoke signal from atop a hill.

Lol, no problem. I found it funny just. I was 9 years old in 1991 the super Nintendo was only released, I don't think I sent an email till I was 19 or 20.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Izzymacbeth said:

Lol, no problem. I found it funny just. I was 9 years old in 1991 the super Nintendo was only released, I don't think I sent an email till I was 19 or 20.

Yeah i'm just  2 years older it's just emails become abit like the mobile phone to me, it just seems like they've always been around..i forgot about the ol' fax machine!

Edited by Silverburst80
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, cheesecake said:

Not this again....

Welcome to the Guns N' Roses fan forum. Where we beat the same shit out time and again till death do us part.

:lol:

I follow by example and if it's good enough for Axl, Slash, Duff and Co. ?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Didn't Izzy get the major para's over some unspoken incident that sort of changed his life?  I wonder what it was.  I'm sure there's some child kidnapping case in the early 90s they can pin on him :lol:  

Please elaborate 

11 minutes ago, cooker said:

Please elaborate 

I dunno, my memories a little indistinct but didn't Slashes book say some shit happened to Izzy, something spooked him or something that after that he turned his life around?  I hope I didn't hallucinate the whole thing, I have been known to do that, someone help me out here :lol:

• Like 1