If you could ask Slash a question

And get an honest answer. What would you ask? I know some people here think there's nothing he could really shed light on in an interview, even if there were no gags.

My question would be something like: "hi Slash. Huge fan. Perla's a cunt. Axl said you and Duff liked CD ll. Can you please maybe share in your own words what did you like about it? Axl also said that if you're interested, you can be a part of it. Were there any parts in the music where you could see yourself contributing to artistically?"

Edited by Rovim

I'd ask Slash to do an interview together with Axl and speaking about everything that happened between 96 and 2016 and what were the real reasons for the reunion. 

Second question would be if he would ever reform Slash's Blues Ball. I really enjoyed that stuff back then. Love to hear Slash playing blues stuff and covers.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Frey said:

I'd ask him about what that first meeting / dinner date with Axl was like, when Axl invited Slash over to his house after all these years.

Would love to have been a fly on the wall for that.

I think I'd go even earlier than that, the first phone call he received from Axl while on tour. I hope Slash writes down all his thoughts and notes of this tour and how it started because he knows it's significant historically, maybe write another book about the time after 2007, he really exploded in popularity since that 2010 album, he's got 11 million friggin likes on his FB page, I'd argue Slash is a bigger star than Axl right now. He did so much since 1996

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, StrangerInThisTown said:
3 hours ago, Frey said:

I'd ask him about what that first meeting / dinner date with Axl was like, when Axl invited Slash over to his house after all these years.

Would love to have been a fly on the wall for that.

I think I'd go even earlier than that, the first phone call he received from Axl while on tour. I hope Slash writes down all his thoughts and notes of this tour and how it started because he knows it's significant historically, maybe write another book about the time after 2007, he really exploded in popularity since that 2010 album, he's got 11 million friggin likes on his FB page, I'd argue Slash is a bigger star than Axl right now. He did so much since 1996

Oh yeah, I'd be interested in hearing about that first phone call too. I wonder if Slash suspected something was up, or if Axl suddenly calling him came as a total surprise.

Imagine Slash absent-mindedly answering his phone and then nearly dropping it or something because it's Axl lol. Also wonder how Axl started that particular conversation off.

And yeah, I really hope Slash writes another book as well. Would be a fascinating read.

• Like 3

"Having previously said that although Buckethead is an accomplished guitarist, he isn't a "rock guy", what do yoy think of him now that you have listened, learned, and played some of his material and solos?"

"During the sessions for your 2010 self-titled solo album, were you aware that Josh Freese, who played drums on the album, had previously worked with Axl for over 2 years?"

"How does Atlas Shrugged go?"

"How does the rest of Jackie Chan go?"

"How does Thyme go?"

"How do the other 2 songs that Josh Freese wrote that were in the AA list go?"

"Have you heard the original versions of the songs/solos from the CD sessions before they were rerecorded?"

"Have you heard Brian Mays work on CD?"

"What do you think of My World?"

"How does the new version of Oh My God go?"

"Do you ever learn other people's songs for your own enjoyment?"

"Being a Metallica fan, will you ever collaborate with any of the members of Metallica?"

Edited by Mendez
  • Like 1

First phone call:

Axl: Knock-knock 

Slash: What?

Axl: *mutters* Duff liked it....

My first question for Slash has probably already been asked in earlier posts.  I'd also ask him to reflect on the first Snakepit record and tour; when he did it and how he went about it.  If theres anythings he'd do differently in hindsight?

Edited by soon
  • Like 2