If you could ask Slash a question

21 hours ago, Rovim said:

And get an honest answer. What would you ask? I know some people here think there's nothing he could really shed light on in an interview, even if there were no gags.

My question would be something like: "hi Slash. Huge fan. Perla's a cunt. Axl said you and Duff liked CD ll. Can you please maybe share in your own words what did you like about it? Axl also said that if you're interested, you can be a part of it. Were there any parts in the music where you could see yourself contributing to creatively?"

Hey Slash it seems like you dont really like Izzy too much but cant you see that you sound your best when you play with him?

(ok, i burned my question right there)

cont...

Cant you see that so far he is the only guy (ok, Kushner did it in two or three tracks) who played with you that was able to write dynamic rocking songs that are the perfect avenue for you to solo over?

Cant you see that he is the one guy who can get your riffs and songs and turn them into really terrific timeless grooving rocking songs?

Dont you see that you and Izzy being apart for 25 years is the crime of the century when it comes to music?

Wont you ever write, record and perform with Izzy in a band situation ever again?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ludurigan said:

Hey Slash it seems like you dont really like Izzy too much but cant you see that you sound your best when you play with him?

(ok, i burned my question right there)

cont...

Cant you see that so far he is the only guy (ok, Kushner did it in two or three tracks) who played with you that was able to write dynamic rocking songs that are the perfect avenue for you to solo over?

Cant you see that he is the one guy who can get your riffs and songs and turn them into really terrific timeless grooving rocking songs?

Dont you see that you and Izzy being apart for 25 years is the crime of the century when it comes to music?

Wont you ever write, record and perform with Izzy in a band situation ever again?

Can't you tell it's not Slash's call though? can't you sense Slash can't risk his job in Guns by pissing Axl off? it's not really Slash's business anyway. He won't even give an interview he's so scared/ain't touching that shit. And when Ash Hudson made a very Fat Axl joke, Slash was furious. It's between Axl and Izzy and if it's gonna work itself out, the best chance of that happening I think is to give it some time and they will work out a deal. Fortus is probably always going to stay the main rhythm guitar player for Guns, Izzy could be a good fit for Guns as a contributor. Axl just needs to give him a raise to boost moral.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rovim said:

Can't you tell it's not Slash's call though? can't you sense Slash can't risk his job in Guns by pissing Axl off? it's not really Slash's business anyway. He won't even give an interview he's so scared/ain't touching that shit. And when Ash Hudson made a very Fat Axl joke, Slash was furious. It's between Axl and Izzy and if it's gonna work itself out, the best chance of that happening I think is to give it some time and they will work out a deal. Fortus is probably always going to stay the main rhythm guitar player for Guns, Izzy could be a good fit for Guns as a contributor. He just needs a raise to boost moral.

oh yes it is slash's call

scene #1

back when "the project" was on its early stages and izzy was jamming with them and writing with them on studio, izzy suggested that they could record and tour without a lead singer -- him and duff would share vocals duties. slash said that during that period they write "the best guns n roses instrumental album" or something along those lines. slash said that izzy's idea was "cute" or something. slash didnt like izzy's idea. slash wanted a lead singer. slash got weiland. izzy didnt want that -- and bailed. that was slash's call. so instead of having the best GNR album with izzy and duff sharing vocals (seriously, at this point i couldnt care less about axl), we had VR, which is like paying to watch GNR and watch Guns n Aliens instead.

scene #2

a while back slash said he would do a GNR reunion if it was the five guys and if they did for the right reasons. fast forward a few months and slash acceppted to do this horrendous guns n aliens tour that seems motivated by all the right reasons: money, the GNR brand, dollars, and all those rn'r reasons! again, it was slash's call to accept this nonsense threeunion without izzy and steven. he could have done things differently

===

about slash risking "his job in Guns" yeah you are correct except that you should write "his job in Axl's band" because that nonsense band is not GNR. slash can even tweet stating that GNR "reunited" but it did not.

39 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

oh yes it is slash's call

scene #1

back when "the project" was on its early stages and izzy was jamming with them and writing with them on studio, izzy suggested that they could record and tour without a lead singer -- him and duff would share vocals duties. slash said that during that period they write "the best guns n roses instrumental album" or something along those lines. slash said that izzy's idea was "cute" or something. slash didnt like izzy's idea. slash wanted a lead singer. slash got weiland. izzy didnt want that -- and bailed. that was slash's call. so instead of having the best GNR album with izzy and duff sharing vocals (seriously, at this point i couldnt care less about axl), we had VR, which is like paying to watch GNR and watch Guns n Aliens instead.

scene #2

a while back slash said he would do a GNR reunion if it was the five guys and if they did for the right reasons. fast forward a few months and slash acceppted to do this horrendous guns n aliens tour that seems motivated by all the right reasons: money, the GNR brand, dollars, and all those rn'r reasons! again, it was slash's call to accept this nonsense threeunion without izzy and steven. he could have done things differently

===

about slash risking "his job in Guns" yeah you are correct except that you should write "his job in Axl's band" because that nonsense band is not GNR. slash can even tweet stating that GNR "reunited" but it did not.

Slash needs the money dude. I feel your pain but you have to understand that Perla probably wiped him out. He has to go out there and earn to pay alimony for the kids.

Besides, I don't think he meant any of that stuff about the original 5 reuniting. If he felt that way he would have tried to recruit Adler for VR. I think Slash just said whatever sounded good for the media -- saying he wanted to reunite the AFD 5 made him look like the noble guy to Axl's tyrant. He would throw Duff under the bus if he wasn't in the partnership. I don't think Duff is any better really. 

Let's see what happens -- maybe the AFD 5 payday will be big enough to motivate them to reunite the band. In the end, money talks. Always.

No scenes. Perhaps you can see and accept that there was no other way for Slash and Duff to return without compromising their Contrategrity.

Slash wants to make money and play stadiums in Gn'R. Axl is not late anymore live, Axl is not going to fire Fortus and Frank. Slash probably fully understands and accepts Axl's terms, at least for live shows.

Honestly, my guess is Slash doesn't care enough about Izzy's return to risk fuckin' shit up for himself. It's about what Axl wants cause he decides who's in the band and in what capacity.

Izzy is thanking everyone for the happy bday wishes. Slash is not to blame here, no one is. Sometimes Axl needs more time to negotiate a deal.

Of course I think Izzy deserves to be a partner, but Axl doesn't think so and I can understand why. Guns and money mean a lot to Axl. But they're old friends, there's a good chance we'll get at least a few fully nostalgic shows with Adler and Izzy.

Slash and Duff joined Axl's new Guns. It's not old Guns anymore, Axl decides who's in the line up (Mellisa for example) and there were open spots for lead guitar and bass, so it doesn't make sense to fire Fortus when Axl pays him less and really wants him and Frank in the band it seems.

And Izzy's sporadic touring and sporadic everything. So maybe what Izzy thought he was getting was unreasonable, Axl could have wanted Izzy to be a part of it, and to pay him accordingly. He gave it a shot, maybe next time.

Edited by Rovim

23 minutes ago, Rovim said:

No scenes. Perhaps you can see and accept that there was no other way for Slash and Duff to return without compromising their Contrategrity.

Slash wants to make money and play stadiums in Gn'R. Axl is not late anymore live, Axl is not going to fire Fortus and Frank. Slash probably fully understands and accepts Axl's terms, at least for live shows.

Honestly, my guess is Slash doesn't care enough about Izzy's return to risk fuckin' shit up for himself. It's about what Axl wants cause he decides who's in the band and in what capacity.

Izzy is thanking everyone for the happy bday wishes. Slash is not to blame here, no one is. Sometimes it takes time to negotiate a deal that works for both parties. Slash is not a party, or Duff.

Of course I think Izzy deserves to be a partner, but Axl doesn't think so and I can understand why. Guns and money mean a lot to Axl. But they're old friends, there's a good chance we'll get at least a few fully nostalgic shows with Adler and Izzy.

Slash and Duff joined Axl's new Guns. It's not old Guns anymore, Axl decides who's in the line up (Mellisa for example) and there were open spots for lead guitar and bass, so it doesn't make sense to fire Fortus when Axl pays him less and really wants him and Frank in the band it seems.

And Izzy's sporadic touring and sporadic everything. So maybe what Izzy thought he was getting was unreasonable, Axl could have wanted Izzy to be a part of it, and to pay him accordingly. He gave it a shot, maybe next time.

Agreed on everything but the underlined. See -- this is still up in the air. I thought the same but there have been a few very convincing arguments stating otherwise. According to Marc Cantor, the old partnership is alive and well. 

Given how much clout Slash has, I just can't imagine him throwing away his bargaining power to join Axl's band. He didn't do it in '96 - why do it now? Nu Guns were playing half empty arenas before -- now Guns is playing stadiums. Overnight, Slash made the brand relevant again.

Sure, Slash needs money badly but I think Axl needed it just as bad. Nu Guns was broke according to Pitman. There was probably tremendous pressure (and incentive) for Axl to rejoin the old partnership.

Who the hell knows. Is there ever anything with this band that isn't a complete fucking mystery? :lol: 

Edited by RONIN

Probably a bit deep and I would never get an answer but I would like to know what Slash thinks of his fellow band mates, and the journeys they have taken, life choices they made. For example would he have envisaged Duff getting sober, going back to college and being the family man he is now, were those traits in Duff as a younger man or not? How do Axl, and Steven differ from their younger selves and what has surprised him the most about working with them again in his 50's.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, RONIN said:

Slash needs the money dude. I feel your pain but you have to understand that Perla probably wiped him out. He has to go out there and earn to pay alimony for the kids.

Besides, I don't think he meant any of that stuff about the original 5 reuniting. If he felt that way he would have tried to recruit Adler for VR. I think Slash just said whatever sounded good for the media -- saying he wanted to reunite the AFD 5 made him look like the noble guy to Axl's tyrant. He would throw Duff under the bus if he wasn't in the partnership. I don't think Duff is any better really. 

Let's see what happens -- maybe the AFD 5 payday will be big enough to motivate them to reunite the band. In the end, money talks. Always.

you may be right

i just hope these guys get rid of the aliens and get izzy so we can have GNR again

I would ultimately wanna know more details about how he and Axl went from hating each others guts to all of a sudden seeming to like each other. What was his reaction to Axl calling him? How he reacted when he picked up the phone and heard his voice? What was the first dinner like? Etc. I guess just more detail about how he and Axl worked things out, and he wouldn't even have to get too deep inot the personal stuff which I think we all would respect but, SOMETHING.

The closest we got was Duff and Axl being asked abut something inside them must have changed, suggesting something changed feelings wise since one went from intense hate to loving each other again, and the closest we got was a nonsensical rant from Duff about Chinese being layered and him learning to appreciate the songs. :facepalm:

• Like 2

Two questions

1. Give the honest answer once and for all on the night he went to Axls house in 2007? Was he actually trying to get back in the band, was he just trying to settle the legal shite, did he really throw Matt and Duff under the bus.

2. Do you regret spending 20 years away from GnR and Axl, after seeing how relatively easy it has been for both of you to resolve your differences and work together again. P.S will you please for heavens sake release some new material.

I met Slash on two occasions. The first was 97. I asked him about a story I heard about how he once wanted to kick CC Deville's ass for trying to steal his top hat look at a Poison show. He said, "no but I almost kicked his ass for something else." The second time was when my band opened for Snakepit at the Roxy in 2000. Our band got an awesome solo Slash performance as he was improving on guitar at soundcheck for 30 min. Was magical. Afterward we talked about our love for Dennys restaurants. I dared not mention GnR. :) 

Edited by passenger57
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

I'd bet a million $ that you would pussy out on asking that question if you could ask him face to face.

Face to face? Impossible. Trolls and Haters have no face they only exist on the internet. :lol:

2 hours ago, xBrownstonex said:

I'd bet a million $ that you would pussy out on asking that question if you could ask him face to face.

I'd bet after I asked this face to face you would pussy out of your bet.

2 hours ago, Derick said:

Face to face? Impossible. Trolls and Haters have no face they only exist on the internet. :lol:

Trolls and haters? How old are you? Did you come from the One Direction board?

58 minutes ago, maynard said:

Trolls and haters? How old are you? Did you come from the One Direction board?

One Direction board? Not at all. I just adapted vocabularies to the audience ... And if you understood, mission accomplished.