If you could ask Slash a question

15 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

Again with the age thing. That guy is hilarious. But also kind of sad. What the hell is he trying to accomplish by knowing peoples age? Its so fucking stupid.

When someone brings up trolls and haters to the conversation, it's clear we are dealing with teenagers who must not be taken seriously. If it's actually an adult person talking, then I feel he/she suffers from some kind of mental problem. Labeling anyone with a negative comment a hater/troll is probably the most pathetic and childish behavior an adult, who is supposed to be mature enough to not feel personally offended when someone is negative towards their favorite band, can have.

That's why I like to know what kind of person I'm dealing with in these situations. Is it just a kid? That's fine then, kids are stupid. Is it an adult? Creepy, worrying, disturbing stuff.

Edited by maynard
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rovim said:

@maynard please shut the fuck up and stop derailing the thread. Do it for the stupid.

Not derailing the thread at all. Just replied to another poster and then another one got mad too. What can I do?

9 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

Oh thats right. You have made a reputation of behaving mature n shit. I forgot. Keep on then, fella. 

It's ok. I have 8 thousand posts, it's hard to remember everything. I'm glad you keep track of my stuff. I have no idea who you are.

2 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Discuss or shut the fuck up and stop maynarding.

Look bro, my first post was totally on topic. Then some idiotic kid started that "say dis to his face i bet million dollar you trollz hater" or some idiotic rambling like that. I didn't start anything neither went off-topic.

On 4/8/2017 at 4:24 AM, Rovim said:

And get an honest answer. What would you ask? I know some people here think there's nothing he could really shed light on in an interview, even if there were no gags.

My question would be something like: "hi Slash. Huge fan. Perla's a cunt. Axl said you and Duff liked CD ll. Can you please maybe share in your own words what did you like about it? Axl also said that if you're interested, you can be a part of it. Were there any parts in the music where you could see yourself contributing to artistically?"

theres no way duff and slash actually like CD II - u think they would tell axl nah it's shit man 

Just now, double talkin jive mfkr said:

theres no way duff and slash actually like CD II - u think they would tell axl nah it's shit man 

Even if true, doesn't matter. Shows willingness to play ball in the studio. They didn't like November Rain and Estranged either.

1 hour ago, Rovim said:

Even if true, doesn't matter. Shows willingness to play ball in the studio. They didn't like November Rain and Estranged either.

i wouldn't go so far as to say play ball in studio until we actually see it 

so far i would say its just a friendly way of getting around axl making him feel ok about his material

then moving on to the cash grab antics of the tour 

4 hours ago, Rovim said:

The fact Slash was willing to step up and play CD songs on the tour speaks volumes to me.

On topic: I'd probably ask, what in your eyes is the best GNR riff you came up with. And, what the hell do you see in Myles Kennedy.

On 4/8/2017 at 2:24 AM, Rovim said:

And get an honest answer. What would you ask? I know some people here think there's nothing he could really shed light on in an interview, even if there were no gags.

My question would be something like: "hi Slash. Huge fan. Perla's a cunt. Axl said you and Duff liked CD ll. Can you please maybe share in your own words what did you like about it? Axl also said that if you're interested, you can be a part of it. Were there any parts in the music where you could see yourself contributing to artistically?"

I love and hate this scenario. On one hand, Chinese Democracy has an abundance of "Roses" but really lacks the "Guns". The rockers need some grit, sleaze, and balls which Duff and Slash bring to the table. 

The songs need Duff and Slash -- but I hate the fact that we most likely will lose the Buckethead stuff. I don't know what the best way to approach this situation is aside from maybe doing a boxset of demos but this band never releases anything so those demos will be tossed into oblivion. Since Axl is a perfectionist, he is not going to want people to hear demo versions of his music.

6 minutes ago, RONIN said:

I love and hate this scenario. On one hand, Chinese Democracy has an abundance of "Roses" but really lacks the "Guns". The rockers need some grit, sleaze, and balls which Duff and Slash bring to the table. 

The songs need Duff and Slash -- but I hate the fact that we most likely will lose the Buckethead stuff. I don't know what the best way to approach this situation is aside from maybe doing a boxset of demos but this band never releases anything so those demos will be tossed into oblivion. Since Axl is a perfectionist, he is not going to want people to hear demo versions of his music.

The right approach would be to have GNR making new GNR music and Axl releasing all the great stuff he did with Bucket (and the others) as solo music. I know it's not gonna happen but that's what he should do if he was a reasonable person...

1 minute ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

The right approach would be to have GNR making new GNR music and Axl releasing all the great stuff he did with Bucket (and the others) as solo music. I know it's not gonna happen but that's what he should do if he was a reasonable person...

The only problem with that idea is you're talking about primo Axl vocals going back to the late 90's with those Chinese era songs. Essentially his creative prime. And let's be real, as godly as Buckethead is, I feel like nearly all the songs from CD needed Duff and Slash input. Just look at what they did with Better -- the intro is awesome now.  They also would (correctly) influence Axl not to cut/paste the songs together. I think their input will absolutely guarantee a stronger product. 

I know this will sound weird but I'm more interested in the '96 album and Chinese 2 than any new album they put together. I'd rather hear them reconfigure all the vault material than actually jam out new stuff. There's no way it's going to be able to live up to expectations with Axl's weaker vocals and no Izzy contributions. Velvet revolver's unmade album with Izzy is another holy grail item which I hope they take into consideration. 

23 minutes ago, RONIN said:

The only problem with that idea is you're talking about primo Axl vocals going back to the late 90's with those Chinese era songs. Essentially his creative prime. And let's be real, as godly as Buckethead is, I feel like nearly all the songs from CD needed Duff and Slash input. Just look at what they did with Better -- the intro is awesome now.  They also would (correctly) influence Axl not to cut/paste the songs together. I think their input will absolutely guarantee a stronger product. 

I know this will sound weird but I'm more interested in the '96 album and Chinese 2 than any new album they put together. I'd rather hear them reconfigure all the vault material than actually jam out new stuff. There's no way it's going to be able to live up to expectations with Axl's weaker vocals and no Izzy contributions. Velvet revolver's unmade album with Izzy is another holy grail item which I hope they take into consideration. 

So you don't want Buckethead to be removed but you want those songs to be released by GNR.... with Slash playing on them? It's getting complicated :lol:

I think there's no reason why Slash should waste spend his time improving the CD material Axl hasn't released yet. He should be working on his own music IMO.

They could release the '96 album as GNR and CD 2 as Axl and (paid) Friends.

I agree with you that Better got better with Slash but IMO, it's still not even close to how awesome GNR songs like Don't Damn Me are.

13 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

So you don't want Buckethead to be removed but you want those songs to be released by GNR.... with Slash playing on them? It's getting complicated :lol:

I think there's no reason why Slash should waste spend his time improving the CD material Axl hasn't released yet. He should be working on his own music IMO.

They could release the '96 album as GNR and CD 2 as Axl and (paid) Friends.

I agree with you that Better got better with Slash but IMO, it's still not even close to how awesome GNR songs like Don't Damn Me are.

Exactly. lol I love them both man -- only thing better than Bucket or Slash is...well, Bucket AND Slash :lol:

Agreed on the rest. Nothing will ever top 87-91, but needless to say, the final creative peak for them was probably between '95-2000.  The material from those years should really be the first priority for any new album from a quality control standpoint. 

I dig your idea in the sense that it would separate Axl's solo era from classic Guns N' Roses. Probably the most logical way to do it I suppose. And they have a vault load of material to choose from -- if there isn't a new album from them forthcoming, it would just be senseless. 

14 minutes ago, RONIN said:

Exactly. lol I love them both man -- only thing better than Bucket or Slash is...well, Bucket AND Slash :lol:

Agreed on the rest. Nothing will ever top 87-91, but needless to say, the final creative peak for them was probably between '95-2000.  The material from those years should really be the first priority for any new album from a quality control standpoint. 

I dig your idea in the sense that it would separate Axl's solo era from classic Guns N' Roses. Probably the most logical way to do it I suppose. And they have a vault load of material to choose from -- if there isn't a new album from them forthcoming, it would just be senseless. 

I love them both too. The one thing I appreciate the most of the whole CD era was getting to discover Buckethead, he's unbelievable!

Still, when it comes to GNR there's only one guitar player I care about besides Slash and that's the farmer who's winking on your avatar :P

I agree they are past their prime but I still believe if they could get together with Izzy and write together, the magic could still happen to some extent. I'm sure there were some awesome ideas from the breakup years that they could use too but the bad thing about that time is that they weren't a band anymore, they were doing things on their own. I'm hopeful they can top whatever they have from those years if they work together as a team once again. Not holding my breathe for it to happen, though.

• Like 1

On 8.4.2017 at 11:24 AM, Rovim said:

I asked him about one of his guitar once, and his tour setlist (with the Conspirators) a few years back on twitter, and he replied to me in a DM. Very gracious of him!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

may i have three more questions please? :)

Absolutely not.  Sorry, I don't make the rules. If you ask too many, I will have to report you and have your extra Slash questions removed. Slash is probably reading this thread checking in everyday and is very busy. If we want his input it's gotta be snappy.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1