If you could ask Slash a question

19 hours ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

i wouldn't go so far as to say play ball in studio until we actually see it 

so far i would say its just a friendly way of getting around axl making him feel ok about his material

then moving on to the cash grab antics of the tour 

I didn't say play ball in studio. Showing willingness to play ball. Like on a date when a chick is letting you know she wants to fuck. She can still change her mind, the deal is not closed yet, but ready and willing. If it's not too shitty for them to bare, they will probably go for it. Said they liked it, so if they didn't, that means they lied just to not offend Axl, to not make him feel like it's a bad idea to include them cause they're not into it.

It's a chance to collaborate with Axl after 25 years of not having that option. They can do some tunes that are not really their thing, but that's how they get the chance to maybe influence the material enough to make it "good". And sneak in their own tunes and ideas in the process.

Edited by Rovim

8 hours ago, Rovim said:

I didn't say play ball in studio. Showing willingness to play ball. Like on a date when a chick is letting you know she wants to fuck. She can still change her mind, the deal is not closed yet, but ready and willing. If it's not too shitty for them to bare, they will probably go for it. Said they liked it, so if they didn't, that means they lied just to not offend Axl, to not make him feel like it's a bad idea to include them cause they're not into it.

It's a chance to collaborate with Axl after 25 years of not having that option. They can do some tunes that are not really their thing, but that's how they get the chance to maybe influence the material enough to make it "good". And snick in their own tunes and ideas in the process.

i get what you're saying but again, if the material was good it would've been out by now - they need izzy to write something new from scratch 

11 hours ago, Rovim said:

Absolutely not.  Sorry, I don't make the rules. If you ask too many, I will have to report you and have your extra Slash questions removed. Slash is probably reading this thread checking in everyday and is very busy. If we want his input it's gotta be snappy.

hahahaha well i tried :lol:

Jack shit.  There's absolutely nothing I can think of.  I don't care about his personal business or inter-band politics sooo...maybe if i still cared about playing guitar I'd hit him up for some pointers.  Other than that can't think of a single thing of interest.  'wanna go for a pint?' might've been one if he weren't sober.

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 4