If you could ask Slash a question

On 18.4.2017 at 8:23 PM, BorderlineCrazy said:

How do you feel when people assume you NEED money? :lol:

Understood? he does need the money. Not for food, but to keep livin' the dream. It was an ugly divorce and Perla is not going away empty handed. Why would Duff loan him money if he didn't need it? how much money can Slash make without Gn'R? probably not nearly as much. He can survive without it, but there's no need for that. I think Slash wanted to return anyway, but he kinda had to in order to make enough money so he can pay Perla and still stay very rich. Even if Slash doesn't need the money now,  he had a need for it when the tour started a year ago.

Edited by Rovim

56 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Understood? he does need the money. Not for food, but to keep living the dream. It was an ugly divorce and Perla is not going away empty handed. Why would Duff loan him money if he didn't need it? how much money can Slash make without Gn'R? probably not nearly as much. He can survive without it, but there's no need for that. I think Slash wanted to return anyway, but he kinda had to in order to make enough money so he can pay Perla and still stay very rich. Even if Slash doesn't need the money now,  he had a need for it when the tour started a year ago.

No, he doesn't. Steven didn't have half the career Slash had and still makes a confortable living with the money he made/makes with GNR. Even assuming the divorce complicated his finances a bit (which is very hard to believe), he would have been more than fine with the Vegas and Coachella gigs but he also did another 30-40 shows after that. How much money can he need? Duff loaning him money is one of the biggest and most absurd lies/rumors ever. And again, the idea that he needed the money at some point is pure speculation. It wasn't like Slash went to beg Axl to reunite 'cause he was in need, it was Axl the one who started being into it in early 2014, months prior to Slash's divorce. I agree with you that Slash probably wanted to do the reunion so I believe it could have happened 1,2 or 3 years before if Axl wanted it that way. I'm not denying at all that money might have been a motivating factor for him but the idea that he needed it is beyond insane IMO.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

No, he doesn't. Steven didn't have half the career Slash had and still makes a confortable living with the money he made/makes with GNR. Even assuming the divorce complicated his finances a bit (which is very hard to believe), he would have been more than fine with the Vegas and Coachella gigs but he also did another 30-40 shows after that. How much money can he need? Duff loaning him money is one of the biggest and most absurd lies/rumors ever. And again, the idea that he needed the money at some point is pure speculation. It wasn't like Slash went to beg Axl to reunite 'cause he was in need, it was Axl the one who started being into it in early 2014, months prior to Slash's divorce. I agree with you that Slash probably wanted to do the reunion so I believe it could have happened 1,2 or 3 years before if Axl wanted it that way. I'm not denying at all that money might have been a motivating factor for him but the idea that he needed it is beyond insane IMO.

Hard to say -- I'm thinking Axl needed the money more, but clearly him and Slash were financially motivated for this thing to come together so nicely. All of these guys left a ton of money on the table the past 20 years dicking around in their solo projects. I don't blame any of them for trying to make up for lost time and collecting as much cash as they possibly can.

Another thing - never underestimate the greed of the rich and their desire to amass more wealth. Sure - Slash was probably doing okay even with Perla cleaning him out - he can always make more money touring, but GnR was a huge payday. That's like the retirement fund not just for him, but for his grandkids. By rejuvenating the partnership, his kids will reap the financial benefits of GnR a la MJ's children and Kurt Cobain's daughter. That was the most bitter pill for Duff and Slash all these years probably - Axl cutting them out and then killing the brand with Nu-Guns. They probably lost tens of millions of dollars, easily. Whatever Slash was making with his solo stuff and Velvet Revolver was probably a pittance compared to the GnR cash he walked away from. Even as a contracted employee of Axl's band, he probably would have made a fortune.

Edited by RONIN

5 hours ago, Rovim said:

Understood? he does need the money. Not for food, but to keep living the dream. It was an ugly divorce and Perla is not going away empty handed. Why would Duff loan him money if he didn't need it? how much money can Slash make without Gn'R? probably not nearly as much. He can survive without it, but there's no need for that. I think Slash wanted to return anyway, but he kinda had to in order to make enough money so he can pay Perla and still stay very rich. Even if Slash doesn't need the money now,  he had a need for it when the tour started a year ago.

My guess is that Perla got away very rich with that divorce. But one thing she might not get any penny from are the old GNR records. She might be still getting money for the kids, but everything Slash is earning with GNR now was written way before she married him... 

• Like 1

I'm curious what his endgame is for this reunion tour; is it just to retire the band and continue on with The Conspirators, or is he hoping to pursue expanding the GnR brand with new music and optimism?

1 hour ago, Rubicon said:

My guess is that Perla got away very rich with that divorce. But one thing she might not get any penny from are the old GNR records. She might be still getting money for the kids, but everything Slash is earning with GNR now was written way before she married him... 

im betting this whole reunion didnt happen 2,3 years ago because of one person - perla. She was at one stage managing slashs business affairs (stupid decision on slashs part) and i think she would have been a nightmare to do business with and would be extremely difficult if she was managing slash so i can understand axl's reluctance to pick up the phone and make amends. As arlette verecke said, once slash filed for divorce and papers were before the courts the reunion was full steam ahead and things progressed very quickly. I think that was what alan niven has publicly said, and i tend to agree. I think slash made sure those divorce papers were done before any signitures were fresh on the reunion promotor contracts. correct me if im wrong but Under california law an ex spouse can claim 50% including future earnings?

Edited by Sydney Fan

3 hours ago, RONIN said:

Hard to say -- I'm thinking Axl needed the money more, but clearly him and Slash were financially motivated for this thing to come together so nicely. All of these guys left a ton of money on the table the past 20 years dicking around in their solo projects. I don't blame any of them for trying to make up for lost time and collecting as much cash as they possibly can.

Another thing - never underestimate the greed of the rich and their desire to amass more wealth. Sure - Slash was probably doing okay even with Perla cleaning him out - he can always make more money touring, but GnR was a huge payday. That's like the retirement fund not just for him, but for his grandkids. By rejuvenating the partnership, his kids will reap the financial benefits of GnR a la MJ's children and Kurt Cobain's daughter. That was the most bitter pill for Duff and Slash all these years probably - Axl cutting them out and then killing the brand with Nu-Guns. They probably lost tens of millions of dollars, easily. Whatever Slash was making with his solo stuff and Velvet Revolver was probably a pittance compared to the GnR cash he walked away from. Even as a contracted employee of Axl's band, he probably would have made a fortune.

why do you think the stones keep touring?!!:lol:

4 hours ago, RONIN said:

Yeah, I agree with that. Rich people always seem to want more money (probably even at the expense of Stizzy :max:) and I wouldn't even believe them if they said they didn't care for the money they got offered to reunite. Now, that doesn't mean he actually needed the money, it just means no matter how big your fortune is, you always want more.

Must be hard to not be motivated when you can make 20-40 million dollars and your job is playing music in packed stadiums btw :drool: :rofl-lol:

• Like 2

9 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Well Jim Florentine once interviewed Axl with Eddie. That's the source of it. (Jim) It's not confirmed but he is more reliable than someone that never got a chance to even talk to Axl.

Perla wanted 50% of Slash's money. It's not silly to think he was in a bind and Duff helped him when he needed a large sum a year ago or whatever.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Well Jim Florentine once interview Axl with Eddie. That's the source of it. It's not confirmed but he is more reliable than someone that never got a chance to even talk to Axl.

Perla wanted 50% of Slash's money. It's not silly to think he was in a bind and Duff helped him when he needed a large sum a year ago or whatever.

WTH 50%? But did this start counting from the date they signed the marriage documents or what he had before also comes into the sharing? I have no idea how this works in the USA...Anyway, I think he already had a good fortune before Perla´s era...

11 hours ago, Rovim said:

Axl saved Slash, ok

1 hour ago, Rovim said:

Well Jim Florentine once interviewed Axl with Eddie. That's the source of it. (Jim) It's not confirmed but he is more reliable than someone that never got a chance to even talk to Axl.

Well, good for Jim I guess, yet Axl has nothing to do with this. I believe my own source way more than this guy who was saying "well, what I heard is" followed by random non-sense. He was just sharing rumors with the world in a pretty reckless and silly way.

California divorce laws are some of the harshest in the country so I wouldn't be surprised if he was hurting financially but I don't think the guy is even close to broke. Isn't his house like 10k a month in rent? That hardly screams poverty. :lol: He might be Rockstar poor - aka cant fly private and throw lavish parties every week - but he's nowhere close to normal "poor" standards.

3 minutes ago, 2414225 said:

were slither, set me free and fall to pieces songs for the GNR album in 1996? Is there still unreleased stuff from that era (1992-1996)?

Axl has all the rehearsal tapes. Only Fall To Pieces, but not as a complete song, Slash created the intro out of the original intro from Yesterdays

6 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Well, good for Jim I guess, yet Axl has nothing to do with this. I believe my own source way more than this guy who was saying "well, what I heard is" followed by random non-sense. He was just sharing rumors with the world in a pretty reckless and silly way.

It's kind of funny and sad equally how people read some rumors and assumptions then base their opinions on them and post them here as a fact.

11 hours ago, Free Bird said:

It's kind of funny and sad equally how people read some rumors and assumptions then base their opinions on them and post them here as a fact.

Also kinda funny how people got shit memory as well and talk out of their ass. Not you specifically, people. Perla was vocal about the divorce saying Slash was disrespectful to her kids and all kinds of shit in order to get more money. Slash said technically he wasn't even married to Perla, anything to pay less.

He did not have a pre nup, old Guns money was in danger and she probably walked out with a lot of money. Rich people need money too, and the trick is to not have to sell anything expensive to pay for the divorce or in general the goal is to not change your lifestyle.

No one ever denied Duff loaning Slash money, no one confirmed it but it seems likely that was the case.

Edited by Rovim

16 hours ago, Rovim said:

Also kinda funny how people got shit memory as well and talk out of their ass. Not you specifically, people. Perla was vocal about the divorce saying Slash was disrespectful to her kids and all kinds of shit in order to get more money. Slash said technically he wasn't even married to Perla, anything to pay less.

He did not have a pre nup, old Guns money was in danger and she probably walked out with a lot of money. Rich people need money too, and the trick is to not have to sell anything expensive to pay for the divorce or in general the goal is to not change your lifestyle.

No one ever denied Duff loaning Slash money, no one confirmed it but it seems likely that was the case.

As far as we know it's not about GNR money. Slash married Perla in 2001? 2002? So it should be just about VR money and Slash solo money. 

But fact is we don't know how much money Slash had before he married Perla, we don't know how much money he made while being married with her and we don't know how much money he earned out of this reunion. And when someone says "What I heard is..." that's not a fact, so no need acting like it's a fact.

Nobody's denying that a divorce is expensive. But we don't know his financial situation. Considering his success I don't think it's something that makes Slash a poor guy. So this rumor that Duff loaned him money, or Duff accepted smaller earnings sounds bullshit to me. 

Just because somebody's not denying anything doesn't make it true. No need to deny bullshit, even less when you don't talk much to the press in general.

Edited by Free Bird
  • Like 1