Coldplay
Guns N’ Roses
Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band

Top Rock Tour:
Coldplay
Guns N’ Roses
Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band

15 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

If they win anything, it'd be one of the touring awards. Lack of new music hurts them in the Top Duo/Group category.

Not necessarily. 

Studio albums released:

Chainsmokers: 1
Coldplay: 7
FGL: 3
GNR: 6
Twenty One Pilots: 3

Anyways, opinions are purely subjective so who gives a shit. 

So I didn't realize this awards show is actually televised. The show is on May 21st, 6 days before Guns start the Euro leg. Warmup show on national television? Could be a disaster, also would GNR perform amongst all these mostly younger acts?

Just now, GNR 1991 said:

So I didn't realize this awards show is actually televised. The show is on May 21st, 6 days before Guns start the Euro leg. Warmup show on national television? Could be a disaster, also would GNR perform amongst all these mostly younger acts?

Really just depends on if Billboard or any of its sponsors have ever released anything negative on GNR haha 

it would be nice for them to show up and accept an award if given...I would love if they performed but just showing up would be cool, seeing Axl and Slash sitting next to each other at an awards show would be between legendary and comical 

2 minutes ago, GNR 1991 said:

If I were them I wouldn't perform. Fuck award shows. The people who organize the event might force them to do some stupid collab anyway like the train wreck metallic did with lady Gaga a few months back.

1 minute ago, IncitingChaos said:

Really just depends on if Billboard or any of its sponsors have ever released anything negative on GNR haha 

it would be nice for them to show up and accept an award if given...I would love if they performed but just showing up would be cool, seeing Axl and Slash sitting next to each other at an awards show would be between legendary and comical 

If I recall Axl gave his first real interview to Billboard after CD came out. For some reason though, I don't see GNR caring very much about this awards show. An appearance would be cool though.

11 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Not necessarily. 

Studio albums released:

Chainsmokers: 1
Coldplay: 7
FGL: 3
GNR: 6
Twenty One Pilots: 3

Anyways, opinions are purely subjective so who gives a shit. 

Fair enough. I was talking more recently. Like within the last 5 years

3 minutes ago, GNR 1991 said:

If I recall Axl gave his first real interview to Billboard after CD came out. For some reason though, I don't see GNR caring very much about this awards show. An appearance would be cool though.

I didn't think Axl would ever accept the Golden Gods award but he showed up...it's strange the things he takes priority over. Who knows what they will do, sounds like they have an invitation and from the looks of the lineup they will be the token rock group so I imagine they will want them to do something...depends what time of day they call and how Axl feels

With the tour numbers ( cash and attendance)

The band gratness

Media impact

Tour succes

..among other things..

GNR must win those tree awards. 

But if no one goes there to receibe the award, the organization might give it to other nominee

9 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

Coldplay, Beyonce and Bruce Springsteen made better figures than GnR in the US and across the world in 2016. The band has a small chance of winning Top Rock Tour, that's all they have here.

I thought guns was the top grossing artist of 2016? I'm pretty sure I read that here somewhere. 

40 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

somewhere where?

http://www.pollstar.com/news_article.aspx?ID=828819

and their ticket prices are higher than anyone else in top 20.

http://nypost.com/2017/01/07/these-were-the-top-grossing-concerts-of-2016/amp/

according to this, guns were ahead of Springsteen. They were second to only Beyoncé. So I was wrong there, I thought they were first. 

21 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

Coldplay, Beyonce and Bruce Springsteen made better figures than GnR in the US and across the world in 2016. The band has a small chance of winning Top Rock Tour, that's all they have here.

The awards are based on the reporting period of March 18, 2016 through March 16, 2017.

- GN'R's whole Asia/Oceania leg will be counted as well. If the numbers from this leg exceeds $65 million, they will beat Beyonce and Coldplay.

- Springsteen's 2016 January, February and parts of March concerts will not be counted. GN'R will beat that tour if the Asia/Oceania leg made more than $60 million.

• Like 2

On 10/4/2017 at 2:40 PM, Silent Jay said:

Not really. In the US GNR tour were second only to Beyonce. Worldwide you are right, but with 16 less concerts played than Coldplay and 32 less than Bruce Springsteen

https://www.pollstarpro.com/files/Charts2016/2016YearEndTop200NorthAmericanTours.pdf

https://www.pollstarpro.com/files/Charts2016/2016YearEndTop100WorldwideTours.pdf

18 hours ago, mikeman5150 said:

http://nypost.com/2017/01/07/these-were-the-top-grossing-concerts-of-2016/amp/

according to this, guns were ahead of Springsteen. They were second to only Beyoncé. So I was wrong there, I thought they were first. 

Give it to Beyonce, it's just easier at this point!

Edited by Silverburst80