'17 Billboard Nominations

3 hours ago, Spirit said:

Are the winners of the tour-categories selected based on the factual numbers the tour created, or by a subjective jury?

The Billboard awards are based on actual numbers like album sales, chart position, etc so if they grossed the most from touring, they should win. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Top Duo/Group:
The Chainsmokers
Coldplay
Florida Georgia Line
Guns N’ Roses
Twenty One Pilots -- WINNER

Top Touring Artist:
Justin Bieber
Beyonce -- WINNER
Coldplay
Guns N’ Roses
Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band

Top Rock Tour:
Coldplay -- WINNER
Guns N’ Roses
Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band

Source http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/bbma/7801136/billboard-music-awards-2017-winners-list

Edited by Derick
  • Like 2

We all know how this awards works last 20 years or so.

Labels pay and negociate almost every single award.   Most people inside or at least close to showbizz knows this for a fact.

The important thing here is that we know the tour numbers, succes and impact of gnr.  Even  beyonce was wearing gnr shirts last year.  And that chris something from coldplay im pretty sure is embarrased as we speak.

So come on u guys. GNR is waaay bigger than this. 

Just let the shit acts win their shit awards, GN'R is writing a whole new chapter of their legacy/history right now thats what matters! We were never the best liked and most accepted band haha more the black sheep you know? But we know our band blows anyone else out of the water! :shrugs:

Few years ago i little puked while watching some awards that categorize Coldplay and Gorillaz a rock band. Then i remember GNR and it's colleague were actually a "Hard" Rock band.

Then it is really true that Coldplay and Gorillaz can be considered a Rock band? If not then what the example of a Rock band? I always think band like The Killers is more definitive rock band than whiny ass Coldplay.

21 minutes ago, Magnus Cavalerra said:

Few years ago i little puked while watching some awards that categorize Coldplay and Gorillaz a rock band. Then i remember GNR and it's colleague were actually a "Hard" Rock band.

Then it is really true that Coldplay and Gorillaz can be considered a Rock band? If not then what the example of a Rock band? I always think band like The Killers is more definitive rock band than whiny ass Coldplay.

Technically, as they're considered alternative rock- however as Coldplay evolved its quite apparent they're genre is pop. You still can classify them as alternative rock, technically.

7 hours ago, Blake Sabbath said:

To be fair, they can't really expect to win any of these mainstream awards with absolutely no press, no interviews, nothing

Who cares anyway, these things are well and truly redundant in 2017

Spot on?

• Like 1