Thor: Ragnarok | November, 2017

On 4/15/2017 at 9:39 AM, Oldest Goat said:

Looks good and I don't usually like comicbook movies.

NZ represent boiiiiiii!

This looks to me like the trailer for most marvel comic films.

It be great though if Zeppelin or whomever owns the music rights stopped letting the Immigrant Song be used for random film trailers every few years. 

7 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

It be great though if Zeppelin or whomever owns the music rights stopped letting the Immigrant Song be used for random film trailers every few years. 

Immigrant Song dips into the seven-figure range. Same thing with Babe I'm Gonna Leave You in King Arthur.

45 minutes ago, appetite4illusions said:

Yeah, Zeppelin has kind of lost their standards as far as licensing goes. When the Levee Breaks is another one that can be heard in film trailers at least once a year.

By the way, what in the world is a Ragnarok?

In Norse mythology, Ragnarök is a series of future events, including a great battle, foretold to ultimately result in the death of a number of major figures (including the gods Odin, Thor, Týr, Freyr, Heimdallr, and Loki), the occurrence of various natural disasters, and the subsequent submersion of the world in water. Afterward, the world will resurface anew and fertile, the surviving and returning gods will meet, and the world will be repopulated by two human survivors. Ragnarök is an important event in Norse mythology, and has been the subject of scholarly discourse and theory throughout the history of Germanic studies.

tl:dr the end of the world. 

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

The best ‘80s fantasy movie ever made. Only thing it’s missing is a soundtrack by Queen.

Still suffers from the same flat lighting that all the Marvel movies have, but it plays to the MCU’s strengths, i.e. comedy. I would say this and Spider-Man: Homecoming are the best of the MCU.

• Like 1