80's Rock Moves

Silverburst80

In the time of big hair and neon guitars many big maneuvers where thrown down and man didn't they all look so happy!, share some of your more spectacular memories from the era. I think the drummer at 3:10 laid down a huge challenge to any contenders and Diamond Dave probably fired the fucker for trying steal his thunder.

Edited by Silverburst80
  • Like 2

Haha- awesome! I saw Tommy's upside down drums twice on the Girls tour. I was 15 I think. Whitesnake opened. Awesome shows.

Then there's old Diamond Dave. Yup- say what you will, but the motherfucker tried to give you the wildest show you've ever seen. I saw him solo and remember being teenage beer drunk and thinking "I hope he doesn't fall man" when he rode the surf board in the air over the crowd (not in this video though sadly). Yankee Rose is my favorite of his solo tunes, and this video is one of the ultimate hair era videos. It's got it all- assless chaps and rhinestone thongs; simulated fornication with assorted mics, stands, guitar necks; Steve Vai insane guitar playing & acrobatics; you name it.

"Can you help me? My dr says I need to take a laxative!!!" :lol:

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Silverburst80 said:

The Stones surely wouldn't have these upstarts out posing them would they?, fucking right they wouldn't.....Charlie Watts and Bill Wyman aren't having any of it though.

Jagger went on to take such tomfoolery to its natural conclusion alongside a clearly pissed David Bowie, two blokes of an age where they really should've known better. :lol: That dress sense! :vomit:Although, it was the 80's I suppose. :facepalm::lol:

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Haha- awesome! I saw Tommy's upside down drums twice on the Girls tour. I was 15 I think. Whitesnake opened. Awesome shows.

Then there's old Diamond Dave. Yup- say what you will, but the motherfucker tried to give you the wildest show you've ever seen. I saw him solo and remember being teenage beer drunk and thinking "I hope he doesn't fall man" when he rode the surf board in the air over the crowd (not in this video though sadly). Yankee Rose is my favorite of his solo tunes, and this video is one of the ultimate hair era videos. It's got it all- assless chaps and rhinestone thongs; simulated fornication with assorted mics, stands, guitar necks; Steve Vai insane guitar playing & acrobatics; you name it.

"Can you help me? My dr says I need to take a laxative!!!" :lol:

:lol: Possibly the greatest music video of all time! Legendary! Love Billy Sheehan's move with the bass at 3:55, like a fucking samurai! :lol:

"My ancestors spit on your haircut!" :lol:

"Gimme a bottle o' anything, and a glazed doughnut.... TO GO!!!!" :D

When music was fun! Remember that? :D

Edited by bucketfoot
  • Like 1

The Demon of Screamin used to have a full arsenal of moves. 

These lyrics are about the time Steven saw Vince Neil from behind in a bar, and thought he was a chick. If you think about it, us dudes who liked these hair bands back then were really confidant in our heterosexuality, cuz a lot of it walks a real fine line in that dept. :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

The Demon of Screamin used to have a full arsenal of moves. 

These lyrics are about the time Steven saw Vince Neil from behind in a bar, and thought he was a chick. If you think about it, us dudes who liked these hair bands back then were really confidant in our heterosexuality, cuz a lot of it walks a real fine line in that dept. :lol:

Not afraid to say Vince was a good looking chick back in the 80's :wub::lol:

Edited by bucketfoot

7 minutes ago, classicrawker said:

Ian Astbury cutting a rug before the band changed their image and went Harley Davidson with the Electric album

I saw the Cult again last Sept, and Ian still does a lot of sliding n kicking with his cowboy boots on the oriental rug... still a cool band imo.