Rate: Prostitute

What do you think of Prostitute?  

179 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 hours ago, Rovim said:

I remember another Catcher one you wrote it's in here somewhere, but so many posts it's hard to find. Hope it's cool, I can hide it but it's probably too late now.

"I guess what I meant was that the way the song was designed/structured as Axl explained it compared with multiple uniformed subjective takes of each listener. Depending on your take of the book and Axl himself.

The question is does it work as Axl set it up. The kind of psychedelic Beatlesy Mansonesque chiming of the guitars and piano with Axls syndrome sufferer lyrics. That's why the music is the way it is. Whether it changes enough for Axls chorus. Maybe a metal band or more theatrical band like Maiden would make it clearer. Like Alice Cooper does I think. That's why in the end it always feels like this is actually Axl. Like on Shacklers it's meant to be the shooter and Axl is playing that role but you think he's the one going on the rampage. And it works best in both cases like that. On Catcher it's Axl losing his mind after finding out Lennon got shot in the verses or trying to come to terms with it, like talking it over with the catcher, he struggles through a breakdown to finally side with sanity with the help of the ideal of Lennon. That's what I want it to be, and with the music that's more how it works for me. In the video Axl would play the role of the syndrome sufferer who kind of stalks himself and gets close to killing a version of himself but pulls back when he realises.

Same deal with Shacklers, Axl was pushed to the edge by the industry and could have gone on a killing spree after a long Malibu night.

It's like Axl is venting through metaphors and identifications with lots of themes, metaphors (Madagascar), images. It's these multiple perspectives and composites which make CD so fascinating. Even a song like Riad n the Bedouins could be about the Iraq war, terrorists but its not its about a small time arms dealer who was helping Erin sue Axl but the same time it could be about Slash and GNR. Catcher could be about the malaise that Axl went through and Slash is the kind of rebel figure that Axl is railing against. A real grown up doesn't identify with Holden, they are amused and nostalgic more. Axl matured a bit but then he's still on stage rubbing buns with pole dancers during Rocket Queen so all is not lost. Living the dream!".

Whatever I was smoking I want some of it!

But yeah the whole idea that lyrics should be really obvious and simple for the masses isn't really adhered to on CD. Some are I guess like Sorry, TIL, Better maybe. I think lyrically the songs are like multi sided diamonds, easier to get more from if you are a fractured soul. If your motto is keep it simple you're all out of Bud by 3pm. And the liquor store has security cameras. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

That sounds completely different and not the same as what I heard. Apparently Wagszilla only removed the drums and most of the rattatattats and made no other changes.

Still nice to hear though.

if you were familiar with the rock band files, you would know the 'rattattats' are only main guitars and bass.

Just now, Oldest Goat said:

Ohk. Well he removed most of them and the drums.

The isolated tracks are divided into seven files, Cymbals, Snare Drum, Kick Drum, Vocals, Guitars, Bass and Additional Instruments.

So this is only the Additional Instruments file.