List of recordings, songs etc, that Guns n' roses has stored on the vault

22 hours ago, Mendez said:

The Heartbreak Hotel cover has been released under their first names on a compilation album. Seems like its yet another version. Starts differently and ends on a different cue

That is very cool, never heard it that clean sounding

Seven is rumored to be just like This I Love, a ballad thing. It ties in well with Madagascar and If The World, but with Sorry dark atmosphere. Ides Of March and Madagascar are also very similar sounding, a synth loop a bit more catchy -The Blues territory. Atlas Shrugged is a cross between The Blues and Catcher In The Rye. Thyme should be perceived as an experimental weird song, straight like the title track with twat/prostitu textures. Finally, The General is a lot more I.R.S. than Better.

On a side note, I'd love to think they hit the studio to record a cover of Sailing. That sounded fucking glorious back in 2006 and obviously the last thing we need is covers, but I would definitely make an exception for that.

On 15/04/2017 at 4:21 PM, Stro said:

I just want to say BLS opened for GNR when I saw them in 2011 and BLS might be the worst live band I've ever heard.

I've seem BLS three or four times, and they sounded amazing in all of 'em.

GNR would gain so much if Zack had stayed, at the time, the guy was the best at creating bluesy/stonesy/southern/hard rock n roll, Slash even ripped the opening track from Pride&Glory lol

Edited by default_

2 hours ago, maynard said:

None of them will ever see the light of day. Why should we care?

Hate to say it, but I'm sure you're right. It's been nine years since Chinese Democracy. I figure if it's released before Axl's death, it won't be before 2020. 

56 minutes ago, luciusfunk said:

Hate to say it, but I'm sure you're right. It's been nine years since Chinese Democracy. I figure if it's released before Axl's death, it won't be before 2020. 

Yeah and I didn't mean to be an asshole. It's just... If there's a band you can expect to NEVER EVER release special box-sets, rarities and cool fan stuff it is GNR. Johnny Cash and Evil will release new songs before Axl.

• Like 1

So disappointing, as an Axl fan, that he has soooo many "completed" songs just stored away collecting dust. 

Sucks that he doesn't want to share those songs with his millions of fans who would absolutely LOVE to enjoy his art. 

• Like 1

On 18 de abril de 2017 at 10:43 PM, Silent Jay said:

Seven is rumored to be just like This I Love, a ballad thing. It ties in well with Madagascar and If The World, but with Sorry dark atmosphere. Ides Of March and Madagascar are also very similar sounding, a synth loop a bit more catchy -The Blues territory. Atlas Shrugged is a cross between The Blues and Catcher In The Rye. Thyme should be perceived as an experimental weird song, straight like the title track with twat/prostitu textures. Finally, The General is a lot more I.R.S. than Better.

How do you know it all? And, wasn't "The General" supposed to be a sequence to "Estranged"? So, how would it be like "I.R.S."?

Edited by diegodasilva23

Atlas shrugged and the general would be nice to see released. As far as live concerts, etc, I would love to see a pro shot of that gnr forum show from 1991 where they played almost 4 hours. I would also love to see the perfect crime documentary be relased 

4 hours ago, axlsalinger said:

Wasn't there a Guns demo from the 80s (maybe just a Slash instrumental) called Nightcrawler? Can't remember if a clip ever surfaced for that one. 

I believe that one was fan made.

11 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

There's like 3 more albums of CD era songs we still haven't heard. I know many aren't a fan of that era, but I am and I would kill to hear those songs. Damnit Axl.

Why do you think Axl doesn't want to share them with his fans?

2 hours ago, Apollo said:

Why do you think Axl doesn't want to share them with his fans?

I think sometime during the 90's Axl became pretty damn critical of his work and saw himself as a perfectionist. Being the only original guns member to carry the name also gave him a lot of stress and I think he viewed it as extremely difficult to follow up UYI. That's why he went big with CD, 8 members in the band, orchestras, etc. For the most part, I think he's hidden his decades of work because he's afraid that it would tarnish the band's legacy somehow. That's why going solo would've been easier. And after 2010, it's apparent Axl has completely given up on new music. But that's just my theory, who knows with this man. It is pretty unfair to all his fans, but I've given up on the prospect of new music wars ago. 

5 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I think sometime during the 90's Axl became pretty damn critical of his work and saw himself as a perfectionist. Being the only original guns member to carry the name also gave him a lot of stress and I think he viewed it as extremely difficult to follow up UYI. That's why he went big with CD, 8 members in the band, orchestras, etc. For the most part, I think he's hidden his decades of work because he's afraid that it would tarnish the band's legacy somehow. That's why going solo would've been easier. And after 2010, it's apparent Axl has completely given up on new music. But that's just my theory, who knows with this man. It is pretty unfair to all his fans, but I've given up on the prospect of new music wars ago. 

You make a lot of sense. 

Maybe he will become fan friendly and release them all in ITunes, or for free....and just bill it as Axl Rose solo work. 

I'm guessing that all or most of the songs or even just the lyrics/vocals from the chidem era will just be reworked to include duff and slash. Wouldn't be that hard for axl to play these songs for duff and slash, see which ones they want to work on, isolate the vocal track from said songs, and have them add their own new parts.

On 4/14/2017 at 11:56 PM, comboguns said:

NEW SONGS:
1986:
Ain't Goin' Down (instrumental) [unreleased]
Sentimental Movie (demo with drum machine, recorded at the Hell House by Axl & West Arkeen) [unreleased]

Unknown dates:
Bring It Back Home (demo with drum machine) [unreleased]
Crash Diet (demo with drum machine) [unreleased]
Just Another Sunday (demo with drum machine) [unreleased]
Too Much Too Soon (demo with drum machine) [unreleased]

July 1986?
Ain't Goin' Down (no lyrics) [unreleased]
Untitled Song In Progress [unreleased]
The Plague [unreleased]
Cornshucker Stomp [unreleased]

Early 1988
Cornchucker [unreleased]

June, 1990? - Early 1991?
Just Another Sunday *** [unreleased]
Jumping Jack Flash *** [unreleased]

1998-?
Oklahoma [unreleased]
Seven [unreleased]
Leave Me Alone [unreleased]
General [unreleased]
Thyme [unreleased]
Ides of March [unreleased]
Silkworms [unreleased]
Checkmate [unreleased]
Jackie chan [unreleased]
Blood on the water [unreleased]
The ballad of death (maybe this song will be discarded, and will be released on the sixx am album)
Mi amor (maybe this song will be discarded, and will be released on the sixx am album)

COVERS:
1986:
Heartbreak Hotel [unreleased]
Jumping Jack Flash [unreleased]
July 1986?
Heartbreak Hotel (take 2) [unreleased]
Jumpin' Jack Flash (take 2) [unreleased]
Jumpin' Jack Flash (acoustic) [unreleased]
Unknown dates, songs recorded for "The Spaghetti Incident?":
A Beer And A Cigarette (Hanoi Rocks cover, instrumental only, recorded for "The Spaghetti Incident?") [unreleased] 

TOTAL:
-150 demos and outtakes of songs that were released on gnr albums like AFD, gnr lies, UYI 1 and 2, TSI, chinese democracy etc.
-15 new and unreleased pre chinese democracy songs.
-56 songs from chinese democracy recording sessions:
"Kurt loader interview November 8th 1999: Rose: We've been working on, I don't know, 70 songs, The record will be about, anywhere from 16 to 18 songs, but we recorded at least two albums' worth of material that is solidly recorded. But we are working on a lot more songs than that at the same time.."
note: maybe Axl included on this list, some of the 15 pre chinese democracy songs, maybe they re-recorded, add some overdubs on this 
old songs like crash diet, sentimental movie etc, from this list we at least know 10 rumored song titles, like seven, the general etc.
-14 songs: the 1999 re-recorded  version of the appetite for destruction + patience and you could be mine.
-the chinese democracy remixes, that Brain and Dj Ashba did.
-probably some new songs from the NITL line-up.
-50 broadcasted shows, I believe GNR has 614 complete shows recorded from 1991 til now, stored on a vault, lol.

SUMMARY:
-new songs: 4 or 5 albuns.
-re-recordings/remixes: 2 albuns.
-demos/outtakes: 10 cds (only the old songs).
-live recordings: 50 to 614 cds.

note: I divided the total of songs by 16, to get the total of albuns. 

This list of recording sessions is far from complete. Any help with corrections or additions appreciated. 
Sources include: GNR foruns, Reckless Road, bootlegs, articles, interviews, news stories.

this is a great thread

dont you think you should try and point which of these songs are in circulation on bootlegs and which are uncirculated?

its a huge difference, no?

anyway

to add to the list there is the recording of down on the street for the spaghetti incident. its been discussed on this forum before and i remember there is an interview with slash where he talks about it

Edited by ludurigan

Seeing the list of unreleased material is bloody depressing :lol: Izzy and Duff recorded 10 demos in 1995 (one of which was Down By The Ocean), and there was also Izzy/Slash/Duff material worked on in 2002 (Source) but that's not Guns N Roses technically - probably morphed into Like A Dog (Izzy) and Contraband (VR).

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

I've always wondered if Down By The Ocean is beat for beat similar to Izzy's Box.

If Axl just added a touch of Axl-ness, it could take that song to another level. 

Izzy's box. heh. 

Izzy said that the songs on "Fire" were written and recorded in 2006, so they can't be the same song <_< But he ain't fooling me :P

• Like 1

On 15/04/2017 at 4:50 AM, Silent Jay said:
  • Silkworms 1998 with Tommy Stinson
  • DVD House Of Blues 2001 (PRO SHOT + REHEARSAL)
  • DVD Joint Pro Shot 30/12/2001 
  • DVD Joint Pro Shot 31/12/2001 Happy New Year In The Joint [Sony Pro-Shot / Master] 
  • Pre-MTV Rehearsal [PRO SHOT] COMPLETE 2002 [rehearsal version] 
  • 2006 Pro-Shot Footages with Izzy
  • Three Hours Rehearsal Video 2009
  • FOREVER TOGETHER South American Tour Documentary
  • San Juan, Puerto Rico Pro-Shot 2010
  • Rock N' Rev Festival Pro-Shot 2010 3D Daniel E Catullo III
  • DVD La Plata City, Buenos Aires 2011 [Pro-Shot incl. Night in The Hotel] 
  • CDII album
  • CD Remixes album
  • MSL's list of alleged song titles: Cuban Skies. Goin' Down.  Light My Fire. Monstrosity.
  • Troubadour Pro-Shot 2016
  • Detroit Pro-Shot 2016

Going Down leaked - which for reference is the song with Tommy Stinson on lead vocals and is probably one of the most "sounds like GnR" songs from the CD era. (Im sure this isn't news to people)

There was also the new Version of OMG with Bumble (I think its a complete re-recording)