Political Compass Test

AtariLegend

6 hours ago, janrichmond said:

You ain't a bastard your just a confused blue square to me:P

Well considering I got where Ian Paisley and his lot belong....anyone that knows me knows my feelings on Northern Ireland are pretty much the IRA minus the terrorism so definitely my opposite :lol:

Well considering I got where Ian Paisley and his lot belong....anyone that knows me knows my feelings on Northern Ireland are pretty much the IRA minus the terrorism so definitely my opposite :lol:

7 minutes ago, PappyTron said:

I'm surprised that the test didn't start bleeping and pouring out smoke when you took it, Graeme.

:lol:

With it being Easter I'm surprised Joe McCarthy wasn't raised from the dead and on a flight within minutes. :lol:

18 hours ago, Dazey said:

Well I thought I would've been further right there. :shrugs:

You should be happy that your views on life don't make you a cunt :P.

Seriously though I believe the purpose of the test is to show that political/societal views aren't a straight line with just right or left. Also points out that most people generally vote for parties which don't really represent them. 

Edited by AtariLegend
  • Like 2

I cant figure out how to post it:  https://www.politicalcompass.org/yourpoliticalcompass?ec=-7.0&soc=-5.79

My results are accurate enough for our uses here, but its funny to me that since the questions were predicated on believe in Statism and an acceptance of the prison industrial complex, I had to answer from within a perspective that is no my own and therefore do not appear as an anarchist abolitionist on the graph.  

But I think its a really useful tool.  I believe we need to re-politicize. We have the most de-politiczed masses in modern history and yet we have masses making huge, impassioned, political changes.

Since I've opened up here, I wanna say:  I respect and can enjoy relationships with any one who doesn't operate from a place of hate and unbridled greed, who respects people and planet.  I believe thats all of us here. I am a leftist who despises leftist elitism.  I, more then many of my cadre, have deep connections with people all over the (reasonable) spectrum.   

25 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

Fuck off:P

New Labour definitely aren't centrist. They're only called centrist by the media because the other major party was the Torries.

This is 2015 pre; Jermery.

uk2015.png

Apart from benefits, NHS and in some rare cases empathy the Blarities aren't that dramatically different from most of the Tories apart from presentation. Most of them would begging that we join in if Trump started dropping nukes on everywhere outside Saudi Arabia, Israel or Western Europe.

• Like 1

The way this test is made, it excludes any possibility of an alternative socioeconomic model. And, like @soon said (if I get him right), the questions just go around the role of the state in the existing model.

Thus we "have to" answer within the limits the test has set. For example, in this question

- The only social responsibility of a company should be to deliver a profit to its shareholders.

I "had to" answer that I disagree, although I believe that, in the present economic system, "company" (corporation) and "social responsibility" are incompatible notions, because it's in a company's "nature" to aim at achieving the highest profit possible. The only thing that can be done is for companies to be "made" by the people to share a part of their profits, but a company can't be socially responsible by itself; unless we're talking about some experiments of workers' self management.

Also some questions are worded in a too simplistic and "moralistic" kind of way that leads to a certain answer. For example, in these questions

-  If economic globalisation is inevitable, it should primarily serve humanity rather than the interests of trans-national corporations.

-  It's a sad reflection on our society that something as basic as drinking water is now a bottled, branded consumer product.

every good person (even slightly) would answer that they agree; even corporation heads/CEOs etc, because they are good people too :P

And who would disagree with this?

- There is now a worrying fusion of information and entertainment.

Maybe only people like Murdoch.

Anyway, mine is kinda accurate, because it's like telling me that I almost don't belong in this chart :lol:

politicalcompass_zpsbpxmnuuz.jpg

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2

Key lies in their being a difference between strong agree/agree. If you keep clicking either strong agree or strong disagree you get wild results. You should think about your response. Agree I presume means it's something you believe, but you're open to being convinced otherwise just as an example or at least that was my interpretation. 

I'd guess ticking strong agree/strong disagree for everything is why a few are getting to the edge of the box.

That said, I have no idea what you'd have to tick to get into the red.

Edited by AtariLegend

On Sunday, April 23, 2017 at 11:00 PM, DieselDaisy said:

The way this survey is rigged, if you are not in the green square you are basically Attila the Hun. I was even lumped in the green square and I'm not exactly a left-winger.

It just confirms what we've all known all along: you're a mensch.

On 4/18/2017 at 2:42 PM, Blackstar said:

The way this test is made, it excludes any possibility of an alternative socioeconomic model. And, like @soon said (if I get him right), the questions just go around the role of the state in the existing model.

Thus we "have to" answer within the limits the test has set. For example, in this question

- The only social responsibility of a company should be to deliver a profit to its shareholders.

I "had to" answer that I disagree, although I believe that, in the present economic system, "company" (corporation) and "social responsibility" are incompatible notions, because it's in a company's "nature" to aim at achieving the highest profit possible. The only thing that can be done is for companies to be "made" by the people to share a part of their profits, but a company can't be socially responsible by itself; unless we're talking about some experiments of workers' self management.

Also some questions are worded in a too simplistic and "moralistic" kind of way that leads to a certain answer. For example, in these questions

-  If economic globalisation is inevitable, it should primarily serve humanity rather than the interests of trans-national corporations.

-  It's a sad reflection on our society that something as basic as drinking water is now a bottled, branded consumer product.

every good person (even slightly) would answer that they agree; even corporation heads/CEOs etc, because they are good people too :P

And who would disagree with this?

- There is now a worrying fusion of information and entertainment.

Maybe only people like Murdoch.

Anyway, mine is kinda accurate, because it's like telling me that I almost don't belong in this chart :lol:

politicalcompass_zpsbpxmnuuz.jpg

Fuckin' hell Trotsky, up for a quick chorus of the red flag or what? :lol: 

• Like 2