The MyGnR 80-Song Marathon

Blackstar

10 hours ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

@bucketfoot can I say how jealous I am right now LOL.  I think we're probably about the same age, but at thirteen the closest I got to any kind of concert was video soul, Yo MTV raps, and headbangers ball.

:lol: It was an amazing gig and I was hooked for life! :headbang: Skid Row were an awesome live band, really wish they'd reform with Baz.

Edited by bucketfoot

11 hours ago, solstar said:

Day 10

First song, first concert in my life. :headbang:

I was 13 at the time, their arrival into Argentina had been totally CHAOS, and I was lucky enough my dad came along so that me and my little sister could go (quite bold of us I reckon). They opened with Welcome to the Jungle and Axl was wearing the Argentine soccer shirt. :heart: One of the best days ever!

Doesn't get any better than that. :headbang:

9 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Day 10: I was 15 and this whole stadium was packed out with school kids. I feel sorry for the kids today that they don't have their own Oasis

I remember very clearly the huge roar when John Lennons image appeared in the background

Or that. :shades:

Edited by bucketfoot
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Sekh-met said:

Day 10
OK this is embarasing lol. But at least I will give some of you a good laugh? :lol:

I was 10 and they were like the only popular band to play this country back then iirc, and hell they were like the most popular band here. I am guilty of being a big fan at 6..at 10 I was loosing interest finally, but still went to the gig. Is this alright as an excuse? :rofl-lol: They also had long hair, played live and wrote music :awesomeface:

Day 10

Hahahaha, my best friend was crazy about them, which only made me hate them lol. :rofl-lol:

Anyway, my first concert is even more embarrasing, I won't even post it...nobody knows it since it was a (boy)band from my country :ph34r::smiley-confused2:

Hmm...you all saw pretty cool bands the first time you went to a concert, seems like I'm the only one that has nothing to post today :shrugs:

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

Day 10

Anyway, my first concert is even more embarrasing, I won't even post it...nobody knows it since it was a (boy)band from my country :ph34r::smiley-confused2:

seems like I'm the only one that has nothing to post today :shrugs:

Post it! Post it! Post it! :lol:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bucketfoot said:

Well......... it's always nice to hear some new shit. :rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol: What the fuck are they wearing? :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: I wouldn't be admitting I'd seen that, Sekh-met! :facepalm::lol:

Believe me, for people that actually know that band me posting this is even more funny :rofl-lol: Glad you learnt something new today again tho :rofl-lol::rofl-lol:
what they are wearing? I don't dare to go there :lol:
Well, I had my moments of doubt but thought fuck it hopefully someone will have a good laugh! Do I get extra points for honesty? :rofl-lol::rofl-lol::facepalm:

56 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

Day 10

Hahahaha, my best friend was crazy about them, which only made me hate them lol. :rofl-lol:

Hmm...you all saw pretty cool bands the first time you went to a concert, seems like I'm the only one that has nothing to post today :shrugs:

I would say I am glad to hear you were sane even back then, but I have a strange feeling that the Czech band you mentioned maybe had a song with lyrics "Jsi moje máma.." ? :awesomeface:

2 minutes ago, Sekh-met said:

Believe me, for people that actually know that band me posting this is even more funny :rofl-lol: Glad you learnt something new today again tho :rofl-lol::rofl-lol:
Well, I had my moments of doubt but thought fuck it hopefully someone will have a good laugh! Do I get extra points for honesty? :rofl-lol::rofl-lol::facepalm:

:lol: Well done for posting it :facepalm: absolutely horrific! I'll like that later when I get my likes back, wish I could like it more than once to be honest. :lol:

7 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

:lol: Well done for posting it :facepalm: absolutely horrific! I'll like that later when I get my likes back, wish I could like it more than once to be honest. :lol:

:rofl-lol: see? This totally made your day ahahahah! so it was worth posting this :D 
And thanks! :lol:
Now I am wondering if you would have had a heart attack if I have posted any of their "hits" instead. Those were golden :headbang::rofl-lol: 

btw...they are having a reunion if you want to have this amazing experience (trying to steal all that reuniong glory from GNR)
Although for me..no Paddy = no interest :bitchfight:
:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

13 minutes ago, Sekh-met said:

:rofl-lol: see? This totally made your day ahahahah! so it was worth posting this :D 
And thanks! :lol:
Now I am wondering if you would have had a heart attack if I have posted any of their "hits" instead. Those were golden :headbang::rofl-lol: 

btw...they are having a reunion if you want to have this amazing experience (trying to steal all that reuniong glory from GNR)
Although for me..no Paddy = no interest :bitchfight:
:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

1. It did. :lol:

2. You're welcome. :thumbsup:

3. Probably would have. :lol:

4. I'll pass on that, thanks. I'm still trying to wash that clip out of my eyes! :lol:

Edited by bucketfoot

2 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

Are you really not sure, Blackstar? Or are you just conveniently forgetting? ;):lol:

No, really :lol:. 90% I hadn't - and if I had it was somewhere my parents took me, not a local pop band (we didn't have many of them)

Lol, @bucketfoot and @Sekh-met. I know the Kelly Family from back in the day and this whole thing is very funny to me. You had me spatting out my coffee of laughing over your post and your conversation. Always hated them, though. Sorry. :awesomeface: 

I did attend some little gig of them on a street festival a few years before they got "famous". They were all little kids then, wearing white dresses and singing a creepy peace song about Hiroshima. :shrugs:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tori72 said:

Lol, @bucketfoot and @Sekh-met. I know the Kelly Family from back in the day and this whole thing is very funny to me. You had me spatting out my coffee of laughing over your post and your conversation.

:lol:

2 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

They were all little kids then, wearing white dresses and singing a creepy peace song about Hiroshima. :shrugs:

:lol: WTF!? :lol:

40 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

:lol: Doubt I'll be able to shift it now, think it's burned into my retinas!

I almost feel sorry for you :rofl-lol:

28 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Lol, @bucketfoot and @Sekh-met. I know the Kelly Family from back in the day and this whole thing is very funny to me. You had me spatting out my coffee of laughing over your post and your conversation. Always hated them, though. Sorry. :awesomeface: 

I did attend some little gig of them on a street festival a few years before they got "famous". They were all little kids then, wearing white dresses and singing a creepy peace song about Hiroshima. :shrugs:

6 year old me would have been sad :rofl-lol: But now I can handle that :lol:

omg how could I forget that Hiroshima song? I am dying from laughter here ..and I think their father used to be on stage with them back then in the same white dress too! oh dear! :awesomeface: 

Edited by Sekh-met
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

Post it! Post it! Post it! :lol:

29 minutes ago, Sekh-met said:

I would say I am glad to hear you were sane even back then, but I have a strange feeling that the Czech band you mentioned maybe had a song with lyrics "Jsi moje máma.." ? :awesomeface:

I guess that our choices are gonna win the day :rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

(and I wouldn't say I was sane when I listened to THIS band lol - although I never liked this song)

Spoiler

The end of 1990s...I was 13....hope you won't kick me out of the forum :nervous:

• Like 1