The MyGnR 80-Song Marathon

Blackstar

Day 28: If you were locked up somewhere for an indefinite period of time and you were allowed to listen to only one song of your choice, which would that be?

It's not even my favorite song or anything, but to me it is the closest thing to a song that has everything. I especially enjoy how it blends two of my favorite music genres into one song. The beginning is pretty much classical music and the ending is pure rock n' roll. I had trouble deciding if I'd pick a classical song or a rock song, so this one's good compromise. The thought of being alone locked up somewhere for an indefinite period of time and listening to the ending makes me laugh. "Don't you think that you need somebody. Don't you think that you need someone? Everybody needs somebody. You're not the only one." I think I could appreciate the humor value of it while being alone. :D

• Like 1

@Whiskey Rose Bob and Dave for day 34!  Love it!  I hadn't checked them out in a while and then CBC radio talked about them the other day - so happy you posted!

And, I must say I have received all of those gifts from a loved one for christmas, except substitute weed for the cigarettes. :lol:

5 hours ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Thank you @Blackstar I was getting a little worried! :lol:

Day 34   Sorry for off-season but we love this Bob and Doug McKenzie version and it even gets radio play lol.. They only make it to day 8..and at some point just give up and let the background track take over :rofl-lol:

Bob & Doug, eh?  Hosers!  

10 hours ago, Sekh-met said:

this is a song that largely inspired my post when we were sharing the worst songs that we have ever heard. This was not intended as a parody but well I guess that one did not work out as expected :rofl-lol:
When this came out it sure broke the internet ..only locally thought :lol: Oh the memes and shit that followed..good times! 

The fuck I was watching? :wow::rofl-lol: (and I don't know half of the people :max:) I've always thought that Slovakian music was a way better than ours, but I think I should give it a second thought :P

Btw. no idea why but I've just remembered this song. My childhood :headbang::rofl-lol:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Andy14 said:

The fuck I was watching? :wow::rofl-lol: (and I don't know half of the people :max:) I've always thought that Slovakian music was a way better than ours, but I think I should give it a second thought :P

Btw. no idea why but I've just remembered this song. My childhood :headbang::rofl-lol:

I don't know all the people in there either..in this case the less I know the better :lol: Most of the younger folks there are contestants from various seasons of Superstar..and some people are not even singers as far as I am aware but you probably figured that on your own :rofl-lol: 
Really? I always thought Czech music was way better. 

lol that thing..haha forgot it existed :lol: actually my classmate from either elementary school or kindergarten is one of the smaller kids in that video :awesomeface:

and sorry for spamming today som much but these just keep poping in my head, always loved these little "songs" from Mighty Boosh series  

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Edited by Sekh-met

Holy smokes, I just spent the last half hour or so watching all these videos and laughing my ass off, day 34 was awesome! :headbang:

6 hours ago, soon said:

And, I must say I have received all of those gifts from a loved one for christmas, except substitute weed for the cigarettes. :lol:

Well who doesn't need another toque? :P

6 hours ago, triad said:

Bob & Doug, eh?  Hosers!  

Well done, I see you've watched :lol:

@Fitha_whiskey I forgot about Sam Kinison, omg the cameos in that video! :wow:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Holy smokes, I just spent the last half hour or so watching all these videos and laughing my ass off, day 34 was awesome! :headbang:

Well who doesn't need another toque? :P

Well done, I see you've watched :lol:

@Fitha_whiskey I forgot about Sam Kinison, omg the cameos in that video! :wow:

Yeah- you got Adler and a completely trashed Slash, the Toxic Twins, etc... and 3 members of Ratt!!! :lol: But what a party they must've had shooting that video...

1 minute ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Yeah- you got Adler and a completely trashed Slash, the Toxic Twins, etc... and 3 members of Ratt!!! :lol: But what a party they must've had shooting that video...

I was just thinking that, they must have had a blast!  Oh, and don't forget C.C Deville was also in there... :lol: 

• Like 1