The MyGnR 80-Song Marathon

Blackstar

12 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

Day 36

Thanks mom!! What great music you introduced me too! :heart:

Mama Cass is one of those cases where she SHOULD have been a super star but because of the way she looked she never made it. makes me sick thinking people are so shallow they'd rather have someone like Michelle Phillips pushed to be the one in the limelight than the person with the true talent. smh...

3 hours ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

@J Dog never heard of them before, but that shit is fuckin ? In my book :lol:

They're straight. They don't mix it up much but have a good sound. They always have a bad ass groove to their songs. They got a stoned out cover of Godzilla you should check out.

6 minutes ago, J Dog said:

They're straight. They don't mix it up much but have a good sound. They always have a bad ass groove to their songs. They got a stoned out cover of Godzilla you should check out.

I checked out a couple. They sound a lot like Clutch. All that is good.

Day 36 can't forget my dad. he was Texas born and bred just like me so you'd think he'd be a country music fan. no sir. he was a military man who also worked as a DJ before he started working for the military and became a reservist. he loved all kinds of music but i remember dancing with him to this music, so little i stood on his toes before the father daughter banquet for my girl scout troop. love ya Dad, miss you a lot :heart:

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose
  • Like 2

Day 36: a song from a band you got introduced to by your parents.  My parents didn't introduce me to this exact group, obviously, but they introduced me to all kinds of music, including classical, and my mom played the piano.  That love of music has been passed down to my kids.  Here's a recent classical piano/rock fusion.  I'm going to be listening to more from this guy, I think.  

Spoiler

• Like 2

Day 36

1 hour ago, Lies They Tell said:

Day 31:  A song you didn’t like much at first but now love

Originally I hated the chorus of this song and thought it was stupid. But the song is so much fun to sing, that I've learned to love it.

I will never understand why he never had success in the US.

• Like 3

Day 36

The first 2 that came to mind were Elvis and Cash but they both just got posted. So I'll go with something different, some beach Shag music. (noooo, not as in the which celebrity do you want to shag thread :lol:)

Spoiler

• Like 1

Day 36

They listened to local music, and, as far as international music goes, to various stuff from big bands, musicals and crooners to 50s rock 'n' roll, doo-wop, 60s folk(ish) and pop, and also Italian, French and latin music.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2

Day 32:  A song you'd want to sing to your kids

It's a finnish lullaby. And to those of you who know the band HIM, it's also Ville Valo's favorite song.

20 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Day 36  Mom :heart:

Reveal hidden contents

Day 36  Dad :heart:

Are you by any chance my sister? Those are my mum and dads favorite artists. :lol: