The MyGnR 80-Song Marathon

Blackstar

Day 50: A song that you hate for some reason, although it's liked by many people or generally considered "good"

Can't stand this bastard child of pop and rock. It takes the worst qualities of both rock music and pop music and mixes them together leaving out everything that's good about either genre. Terrible song if you ask me.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Sekh-met said:

hmm ...emptly promises :kiss:

Reveal hidden contents

michal-david-185085.jpg

Not talking to you 13065781_1578941119102349_1217286974_n.p

Day 50: A song that you hate for some reason, although it's liked by many people or generally considered "good"

I wouldn't say "hate" but not my cup of tea :nervous: 

• Like 1

Day 50

Dont get me wrong, I love Pink Floyd.  And I think this is one of their best loved songs, often even by non-fans.  Even Roger Waters laughs as he described thinking it was a rugged, down and dirty blues riff when he wrote it and now seeing it as very dainty.  And as a fan of the band it makes me laugh that the song is in 7/4 but for the guitar solo, they go into 4/4.  Pretty underwhelming for a prog rock band!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

DAY 50: I haven't cheated for a while, so here's my cheat song..

I can't stand it, not even with Axl. I feel I should've mentioned it in the worst lyrics day as well because they really are LOL. 

"Forget the hearse cause I never die" :lol:

yeah it's pretty much:vomit:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

@marlingrl03, my grandmother had the hots for Tom Jones well into her 80's lol. Now I'm not saying I totally get it, but I did really enjoy that performance above :rofl-lol:  So thanks for posting!

Ha! That is so cute about your grandmother. And glad you enjoyed the video! :)