The MyGnR 80-Song Marathon

Blackstar

Day 66

On a local Campari ad in the 80s there was this song by a sui generis crossover musician (unfortunately he died of AIDS - one of the first "famous people" afflicted by this disease)

Spoiler

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Tori72 said:

OMG this song drove me crazy as a teenager. Everbody hated it, it always made me laugh though :lol:

Same!  Id sing "Da da da" and stuff would be thrown at me.  Out of the context of commercial i genuinely enjoy it now

Day 67

I mean, take your pick of the truths in this song!  

I'll highlight how the blue meanies on wheels will seek to chase down every last free spirit on this planet, but cannot win.  And not only because we've got soul mobiles, baby!

(outta likes.  Love every one posted for day 67 so far!)

Edited by soon
  • Like 4

Day 67

I try to keep things simple, like Bocephus says here. 

If it will, it will. If it won't, it won't.

Plenty of simple truths in this song. And the video has cameos from Little Richard and a smokin hot school teacher... :lol:

Edited by Fitha_whiskey
  • Like 3

23 hours ago, soon said:

Day 67

I mean, take your pick of the truths in this song!  

I'll highlight how the blue meanies on wheels will seek to chase down every last free spirit on this planet, but cannot win.  And not only because we've got soul mobiles, baby!

(outta likes.  Love every one posted for day 67 so far!)

wow.how have i never heard this before? it's just....everything. and it takes a special soul to understand this. thank you so much.

• Like 1