KeyserSoze

Battlefront 2 (EA)

12 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

full Trailer for Battlefront 2 is here: 

Im actually really excited for this story mode. The trailer gives me chills thinking about it. I wanna say this is gunna be the first Expanded Universe story we get in video game form since The Force Unleashed right? Actually I think this game ties right into one of the new canon novels or comics, although I could be wrong as im not caught up in the canon. The online component I could really care less about as the first Battlefront fell far below my expectations and theres no way in hell I was paying $50 ($30 now for those that care) for that season pass for 4 extra maps over a 16 month period.  

I just wish we could get one good story based Star Wars game that doesn't get cancelled. This looks fairly promising so far. 

Pre-order the standard edition now to receive exclusive Kylo and Rey themed "The Last Jedi" looks, ability modifiers for both Kylo, Rey, and the Millennium Falcon and more. 

Pre order the "Elite Trooper Deluxe Edition" to immediately have all of your trooper classes upgraded, access to the game on November 14th, 3 days early, 4 ability upgrades for each class, instant weapon unlocks and modifications for each trooper class, and the other items listed in the standard edition. (If you are apart of Best Buys gamers club, pre order this bitch right now as it is $16 off face value!!!!)

https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/battlefront/battlefront-2

Edited by KeyserSoze
1 person likes this

Wait, you mean there's a story mode this time? Alright EA, you win. Take my money.

1 person likes this

50 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Wait, you mean there's a story mode this time? Alright EA, you win. Take my money.

Yup. The first part of the trailer expalins the story mode. It will happen right at the end of RoTJ neck in neck with when the second Death Star explodes. Seems quite interesting to me at least. 

2 people like this

Fool me once...

Loljk Ill buy it 

2 people like this

I'll be getting this on Xbox One if anyone wants to jam

If reviews are good, I guess this and RDR2 will have me buying a next generaton consol. Looks pretty sweet.

Pre-ordered the trooper edition for PS4..

im sure with my luck though they will release some better edition before then though:lol:

Very skeptical of this. I think the trailer and the concept behind the story are both very interesting, but this feels a bit too early for a sequel. EA churning the dev machine to maximize $ (ME: A....).  Obviously they want to capitalize on the hoopla surrounding TLJ.

Looks like the details we have so far confirm that they are improving on the first one and even innovating to some degree. Notably missing though is space to ground combat/vice versa. I'll probably end up preordering this, but will absolutely use Origins 24 hour return policy if need be. 

Hopefully this game will address by far the biggest issue from the first one for me: I couldn't fucking play it. Trial worked fine, release version would not connect to servers ever - I tried everything: resetting IP, adding exceptions to firewall, dropping firewall completely, hell I even forwarded a bunch of the ports the game uses. Didn't matter. I ended up buying Battlefront (release) twice, both times returned within 24 hours. Hope this is a better experience. But coming off of recent and not so recent EA dealings, I'm not holding my breath.

I haven't watched the trailer yet, but it can't be any worse than the first one. 

From what I've read, it might actually be good. I read they're planning on doing away with season passes for this game. I never did buy the season pass for the first one and only bought the game on sale from Gamefly. 

I've no interest in the multiplayer but if this has a proper 10-15 hour single player campaign I'm all over it. 

1 person likes this

Looks like Dice confirmed no season pass. I might actually get this. 

1 person likes this