RUMOR: GN'R/The Who to do South American Tour in September - Says Argentinian Journalist

Not sure if been discussed on another thread yet, if so, mods feel free to lock the thread!!!

So, this guy is known for leaking dates before the official announcement, I've found this in a brazilian website that has some credibility and decided to share with you.

Here's what the article says:

"Attention fans of Guns N 'Roses and The Who, it seems that the confirmation of the two bands at Rock In Rio in September was just the beginning of what promises to be a historic tour. The Argentinean journalist Christian Acosta, who usually announces dates of shows and tours in South America on his Twitter account, revealed yesterday that, together, the bands should tour our continent with the following dates: 23/09 - Rio de Janeiro (Rock In Rio) Create alert 09/09 - Porto Alegre 29/09 - Santiago, Chile 10/10 - Rosario, Argentina 06/10 - Buenos Aires, Argentina 08/10 - Lima, Peru "

http://www.tenhomaisdiscosqueamigos.com/2017/04/17/the-who-guns-n-roses-brasil/

• Like 2

Another South American leg? lol they were just there. This iteration of the band is going to milk this thing dry in less than a year it seems.

I don't get the combo w The Who....as legendary as they are and I love them, can't Guns attach themselves to a more relevant act? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, GNR 1991 said:

Another South American leg? lol they were just there. This iteration of the band is going to milk this thing dry in less than a year it seems.

I don't get the combo w The Who....as legendary as they are and I love them, can't Guns attach themselves to a more relevant act? 

This is legitimately awkward. This is the fifth SA leg since 10' (10'-11'-14'-16'-17').

24 minutes ago, GNR 1991 said:

Perhaps they are just fans and don't care if they're relevant. They play the fucking seeker at every show. A reunited Skid Row/GNR tour would be badass.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

This is legitimately awkward. This is the fifth SA leg since 10' (10'-11'-14'-16'-17').

I would say that GN'R always had a strong connection to south america and the fans from that continent.

20 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

Yeah but the 2010 SA tour was their first there since 1993 (with the only other SA between those years being RIR 2001). So maybe Axl sees all this non-stop touring post-CD as a way of making up for lost time?

36 minutes ago, Walapino said:

The Who has never played South America before, they are "fresh" in this area and very much anticipated!

You will love them, they are the best live band of all time, even now, this late into their career and without two of their original members they are brilliant, they will blow you away! :thumbsup:

Edited by bucketfoot
  • Like 1

Just now, bucketfoot said:

You will love them, they are the best live band of all time, even now, this late into their career and without two of their original members they are brilliant, they will blow you away! :thumbsup:

I know I saw them in Desert Trip, I was replying to people saying GNR needed to be with more relevant bands. The Who is fresh for SA!

Is it possible that this will be the end of the the Axl, slash, and duff reunion? According to this rumor, It looks like Buenos Aires Argentina will be the last show. We all know what happened after they played there in July of 93'. Let's hope history doesn't repeat. 

13 minutes ago, mikeman5150 said:

Is it possible that this will be the end of the the Axl, slash, and duff reunion? According to this rumor, It looks like Buenos Aires Argentina will be the last show. We all know what happened after they played there in July of 93'. Let's hope history doesn't repeat. 

I would say tthat is has the same meaning as the Troubadour concert - it's a reference to the past, nothing more.

And we don't know if this is really the last gig of the tour.

Edited by Sosso

16 minutes ago, mikeman5150 said:

I don't think so. I'm not that much superstitious but for those who are, in fact, according to the rumor, the last show would be in Mexico, not in Argentina.

• Like 1