RUMOR: GN'R/The Who to do South American Tour in September - Says Argentinian Journalist

21 hours ago, blackieloveless said:

don't understand the correlation between my comment and your question , isn't this a one off show ? either way I don't know who they should be touring with .

It's not a difficult question... for some reason, there is this mindset that GNR shouldn't be touring with the Who. Both nostalgic, half assed versions of the actual bands that made them who they were. Or, just two classic rock bands.

My oint is, I don't see any reason why a GNR and The Who shouldn't tour together, let alone be on the same bill. My question to you was, if the Who shouldn't tour with GNR, then what band should?

13 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

It's not a difficult question... for some reason, there is this mindset that GNR shouldn't be touring with the Who. Both nostalgic, half assed versions of the actual bands that made them who they were. Or, just two classic rock bands.

My oint is, I don't see any reason why a GNR and The Who shouldn't tour together, let alone be on the same bill. My question to you was, if the Who shouldn't tour with GNR, then what band should?

at least The Who have an excuse, the two members that they are missing that made them what they are, are missing as they are no longer with us.  Interestingly they are almost unarguably the two best players for the instruments they play of all time.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Billsfan said:

all i said was i don't get the combination lol  , i never thought that meant i need to pick another band for them to tour with , as a matter of fact i would go as i said i love both bands .

4 hours ago, tsinindy said:

at least The Who have an excuse, the two members that they are missing that made them what they are, are missing as they are no longer with us.  Interestingly they are almost unarguably the two best players for the instruments they play of all time.  

Yeah, it's hard to find a better drummer or bassist. That's crazy for them to have been in the same band.

I like the Guns/Alice show the best out of that bunch.

• Like 1

If they actually do play The Garden that would be the first time ever live with Alice right? I don't want to get my hopes up but it would be a good reason for them to finally do it, would be something never done before and another cool thing of this tour.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

14 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

If they actually do play The Garden that would be the first time ever live with Alice right? I don't want to get my hopes up but it would be a good reason for them to finally do it, would be something never done before and another cool thing of this tour.

Interestingly....if there's a band that would intentionally pass up an opportunity to do something historic and interesting, GnR is the band to pass on it bc there is zero creativity going on with them right now.  Hopefully I'm proven wrong.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Interestingly....if there's a band that would intentionally pass up an opportunity to do something historic and interesting, GnR is the band to pass on it bc there is zero creativity going on with them right now.  Hopefully I'm proven wrong.

100% this. It would be killer but playing a song that's not even on the setlist with this band? Forget it. They don't even play their alt list.

Edited by AxlRoseCDII
  • Like 1

I've often wondered why I've never seen The Who - they've played my area about three times in the last ten or so years - and I think the reason is I cannot stomach them without Moon: he was the soul of that band. Remove The Ox also and you are left with not much else but two geriatrics trotting out the hits. ''Throw in another windmill with that creaking limb Pete. Swing your mic around Rodge - make sure you do not give yourself an aneurysm.''

Dross.

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I've often wondered why I've never seen The Who - they've played my area about three times in the last ten or so years - and I think the reason is I cannot stomach them without Moon: he was the soul of that band. Remove The Ox also and you are left with not much else but two geriatrics trotting out the hits. ''Throw in another windmill with that creaking limb Pete. Swing your mic around Rodge - make sure you do not give yourself an aneurysm.''

Dross.

I dunno, i think there's a lot to the Daltrey/Townshend partnership too, aside from the obvious essential talents of Moonie and Entwhistle Daltrey is a brilliant interpreter of Townshends songs, not enough is made of this, the fact that a lot of those songs sounded as hard as they did cuz Daltrey was singing em.  But I agree, I would weep and choke listening to a Moonless Who, Moonie was the lad to end all lads and supreme alchemist of the kit.

Just not interested anymore. It was cool at the beginning, but the band just doesn't sound good anymore. I didn't realize how awful they've sounded since they left the States.  Axl can't sing for shit unless he's singing with ACDC. I really thought he was going to care and take it seriously.  The band is just not right. Fortus and Frank will never be the right fit for this band.

Slash is better when he plays in his own band and Axl is better when he sings with ACDC. I just don't think their hearts are in it anymore. I attended the San Diego show and it was a lot of fun( nostalgia), but I think they have regressed since then. This band's material requires that energy and rage, it is just not the same without it. I probably wouldn't buy a ticket now regardless of the opener or the supporting acts. 

I still resort to searching for 80's and 90's footage. It is a completely different band.