Poll: Your favourite album from The Replacements

Sosso

The Replacements  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I like Let It Be the best too, although it was a close call between that and Sorry Ma :shrugs:

Lots of good songs on the other albums too, I really love 'Valentine' although I can't recall which album it comes from off the top of my head. 

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Słash said:

let it be, let it be, let it be, let it be
Whisper words of wisdom, let it be

Funnily enough they named it that because that was the first song they heard on the radio when trying to think up a album title and thought it would be a cheeky thing to do to steal it.

Sorry Ma I Forgot to Take Out The Trash...best fuckin' album by far.  

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 3

Just now, Len Cnut said:

Funnily enough they named it that because that was the first song they heard on the radio when trying to think up a album title and thought it would be a cheeky thing to do to steal it.

I am the Walrus would have been a much more interesting name 

27 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Sorry Ma I Forgot to Take Out The Trash...best fuckin' album by far.  

those cheeky little monkeys! :lol:

• Like 1

On 18.4.2017 at 4:41 PM, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Lots of good songs on the other albums too, I really love 'Valentine' although I can't recall which album it comes from off the top of my head. 

That song is from the Pleased to Meet Me album.

Voted for Let It Be because it was the first Mats album I owned and it's still a great disc, amongst many.

A bit off topic but whatever..... I prefer the Twin/Tone years to the Sire ones, & me and a mate have debated the TT/Sire things for well over 15 years now :lol: He insists the band were better in their Sire years because he loves all the soppy ballad tunes that Westerberg was writing for the band, whereas I'm more into the earlier raw sounding stuff. He also thinks Westerberg was solely responsible for the band being as good as they are, I personally think Tommy should have written more songs for the band as his solo albums and side projects are better than Westerbergs solo albums.

I asked Tommy to settle our argument on Twitter a few years ago and he replied saying that he preferred the Sire discs. He's obviously as deluded as my mate lol <_<

Label wants a hit, and we don't give a shit