Bumblefoot: The Press Hold Axl To A Different Standard - It's Bullsh*t

1 hour ago, Apollo said:

Why do you continually call bumblefoot by the wrong name? You know what his name is, so why purposely call him different names?

Because he is so funny and a badass, and its cool to make fun of him by calling him that. At least thats what this clown thinks.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, warrocks said:

TIME magazine named Official Yngwie Malmsteen one of the 10 greatest electric guitar players of all time and you... https://t.co/cJAIgYSgWq

So, basically what you're saying is that, you can have the best drummer of all time or guitarrist in rock history playing for the band, and still it wouldn't be enough, still wouldn't be GN'R right? 

Well -- no it wouldn't be guns. Guns is defined by the 5 guys who did AFD, LIES, and UYI. Maybe if Axl dropped a trilogy of albums in 2002, a new era would have been defined for the band. Also, best is really subjective -- are we talking the best technique? Best fit for the band? Best songwriting? Some of these top guitarists are amazing at technique but lousy songwriters.

With all due respect to Malmsteen, I don't think he would be a good fit for Guns. He is an amazing guitarist though. On the other hand, I DO think Buckethead was a great fit for Axl's new solo band. Ditto with Josh Freese and Brain. The best fit for Guns N' Roses were Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy, and Steven - that seems to be the consensus for most fans and critics.

On a side note, I know this thread is about Bumblefoot, but it needs more Buckethead.

Edited by RONIN