British Politics

Gracii Guns

Le Pen making second round as projected, but also expected to lose in a landslide to Macron according to all the polls. It's a bigger lead than May allegedly has over Corbyn with Daily Mail readers.

I guess that means tomorrows newspapers headlines will be France on verge of electing La Pen; "All heil the end of the EU!!!".

The French do not have much choice here. It seems it was a choice between four presidents: a right-wing nutter, a left-wing nutter, a Blairy latte sipping banker and a centre-right chap who, on first sight would seem the more sensible of the four options if it was not that he was embroiled in an embezzlement saga!

Still, might be better than our own candidates which includes Thatcher's reincarnated corpse; a left-wing nutter straight from the golden age of 1970s Britain, uncollected bins IRA connections and all; Wee Jimmy Krankie who wants to chop the country in two; a right-wing nutter who is really just ''the millionth guy to replace Farage'' in that particular party and whose surname involves nuts; and some guy whose name nobody remembers but he leads the Lib Dems. Oh yes, there is a frumpy lesbian leading the greens and one or two more awful specimens and vacuous wastes of spaces such as that former-Tory UKIP chap who looks like Andrew Strauss after a bad stroke.

16 minutes ago, AxlisOld said:

Most of them don't vote then?

Give it time, other countries tries will start electing their Trumps.

I meant that they go crazy and wave lots of flags, and in general act like they are at a rock concert and not watching some flatulent old politician speak gibberish.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, wasted said:

This could be the way out of Brexit? But then we to get Dr Who to go back to the 70s. I feel like Michael Caine is the key to this Brexit stuff. Tax, rich people, Eton, I got nothing!

There is no way out of that without a second referendum and any scenario that ends with the Liberal Democrats in power is very unlikely.

Corbyn himself didn't try at any point to fight for any amendments to the Tories bills to leave when it really mattered. Repeatedly said the people have spoken and ordered his party to give May a free pass during those meaningful votes.

No second referendum with Labour (baring Corbyn resigning today and immediately being replaced by someone who's pro remain). The Tories are about to find themselves into a position to achieve most of their goals with a blank check and the excuse to say it's all just the will of the people.

Daily Mail readers;

C9931gMXgAE429A.jpg

C-IP8SzXcAM5B5b.jpg

C-AanMlXUAU3sEE.jpg

C-FfEohXgAA_1GC.jpg

As for France;

C-KOecdXkAADonI.jpg

...And what do Mail readers think of France?

C-CrTpQXYAAGPa1.jpg

Edited by AtariLegend

Listened to some Tony Ben speeches. He certainly made sense and good arguments. However he also came across as someone who'd objected to a fireman breaking the down a door to save someone from a burning building, on the principle that the fireman broke the person's door down.

Edited by AtariLegend
  • Like 1

Funny all that stuff from France :lol: I was in Paris and Normandy recently. I didn't see much of all that. Things have changed, that's true. For example if you enter a shopping mall the security guys check your backpack. But they barely look. You don't really waste any time. At museums, security guys check belongins more carefully. In the streets there is more police or military prences like for example around the Eifel Tower. But it is far from being a war zone or hell. People go on business as usual. I took the tube in Paris a couple of times. Nobody check anything. And I didn't see any rape or robbery either.

The NHS was already naff under New Labour. It hasn't got anything to do with the Tories, or if it is they have merely contributed to a preexisting mess. It has been going to the dogs for decades, the decline, under successive Tory and Labour governments both. My mother is a nurse and she stopped working for the NHS decades ago, and would never return.  

All of that listed was since 2010. Delusional to suggest the Tories policies weren't dramatically worse.

I haven't seen anyone else here mention the 30 seats under investigation here. It's barely been mentioned by the pro Tory media. People do realize that if the charges were brought, we'd currently have a hung parliament for a while and the Tories would be relying on the DUP to pass policies? Those Tories fighting by-elections afterwards have to do it under the stigma that the party broke the law in those seats with the publicity that entails?

This election means May's getting to reset everything and brush all the investigations under the carpet. If charges are brought in relation to 2015, it'll mean nothing and be too late!

5 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

The NHS was already naff under New Labour. It hasn't got anything to do with the Tories, or if it is they have merely contributed to a preexisting mess. It has been going to the dogs for decades, the decline, under successive Tory and Labour governments both. My mother is a nurse and she stopped working for the NHS decades ago, and would never return.  

I can't remember a time when people weren't moaning about the NHS.

5 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

I do not know about 'riled up' but bits of The Sun certainly get me 'up', case in point,

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/3402320/instagram-sensation-demi-rose-launches-herself-as-the-worlds-sexiest-dj/

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

I can't remember a time when people weren't moaning about the NHS.

I can remember a time when there was more than 1 hospital A&E in my part of the country open between 8:PM-8:AM and open at the weekends. ...And they wonder why the only one that is, can barely cope during emergencies. 

People complained before, but now it's just ridiculous. Cuts are intended to create a self-fulfilling prophecy, until the voters beg for it to be privatized. 

The pay (for the highly intense work) is dreadful so few British person want to be nurses; successive governments consequentially migrate lots of poorly trained nurses from Africa and elsewhere to fill the deficit. My mother has come across 'nurses' who do not even know how to put drips up, or take bloods. It is scandalous. If you say anything you are a 'racist' though so they continue practicing and making errors. My mother also blames the axing of the old matrons which happened under Wilson, a Labour government; the matrons, proper battleaxes, used to keep wards running with military precision - now wards are filthy and deserted (of staff).

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

The pay (for the highly intense work) is dreadful so few British person want to be nurses; successive governments consequentially migrate lots of poorly trained nurses from Africa and elsewhere to fill the deficit. My mother has come across 'nurses' who do not even know how to put drips up, or take bloods. It is scandalous. If you say anything you are a 'racist' though so they continue practicing and making errors.

I suppose it depends how you phrase it eh? :lol:

Edited by Len Cnut

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

The pay (for the highly intense work) is dreadful so few British person want to be nurses; successive governments consequentially migrate lots of poorly trained nurses from Africa and elsewhere to fill the deficit. My mother has come across 'nurses' who do not even know how to put drips up, or take bloods. It is scandalous. If you say anything you are a 'racist' though so they continue practicing and making errors. My mother also blames the axing of the old matrons which happened under Wilson, a Labour government; the matrons, proper battleaxes, used to keep wards running with military precision - now wards are filthy and deserted (of staff).

When's the last time you had to spend a few weeks in hospital?

On 24 April 2017 at 1:47 PM, AtariLegend said:

There is no way out of that without a second referendum and any scenario that ends with the Liberal Democrats in power is very unlikely.

Corbyn himself didn't try at any point to fight for any amendments to the Tories bills to leave when it really mattered. Repeatedly said the people have spoken and ordered his party to give May a free pass during those meaningful votes.

No second referendum with Labour (baring Corbyn resigning today and immediately being replaced by someone who's pro remain). The Tories are about to find themselves into a position to achieve most of their goals with a blank check and the excuse to say it's all just the will of the people.

Daily Mail readers;

C9931gMXgAE429A.jpg

C-IP8SzXcAM5B5b.jpg

C-AanMlXUAU3sEE.jpg

C-FfEohXgAA_1GC.jpg

As for France;

C-KOecdXkAADonI.jpg

...And what do Mail readers think of France?

C-CrTpQXYAAGPa1.jpg

What about a coalition? But still a lot of back tracking. EU citizens will still have their rights. Brexit does seem to bring a war closer, so we'll have to ramp up military. And just borrow even more money. Just seems like a lot of effort for nothing really. 

Edited by wasted

War with Spain. We already have our the chav grenadiers in Benedorm and Shagaluf as I speak, in their regimental uniform of replica In-ger-land shirts, union jack bermudas and tattoos. Soon the kingdom of Spain with all her hubris and treachery will feel our wrath and develop a fondness for darts and spit-roasting Thompson reps.