British Politics

Gracii Guns

On 18/04/2017 at 10:05 PM, Len Cnut said:

I'm just gonna gob off on this forum like I give a shit and eventually do nothing.

:lol: Doubt I'll bother voting this time like, can't bring myself to vote for any of that lot anyway, all utterly vile. Probably just spoil my paper, write something funny and obscene... if I can be arsed.

Apparently latest polls indicate that Labor are quite comfortably ahead with under 40's, but 20 points behind nationally because of the all proud working class pensioners who love the Tories and don't believe austerity really exists.

Which reminds me, a yougov poll from a while back suggested that the average UKIP voter believed you should be at least 30 to vote.

Edited by AtariLegend

20 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

How anyone could vote Lib Dem with that Tim Farron as leader is beyond me. What a snivelling little clown he is. :lol:

Certainly not a Lib Dem fan especially after 2010, but can I ask what makes him worse than any of the others?

Edited by AtariLegend

37 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

Certainly not a Lib Dem fan especially after 2010, but can I ask what makes him worse than any of the others?

He's a weak as piss, shameless, opportunistic little tosspot. Think that about covers it. Actually, he's a perfect fit for his pathetic party. Illiberal Undemocrats - Bunch of :jerkoff:s.

Edited by bucketfoot

1 hour ago, Dazey said:

I like Margaret Thatcher. :shrugs:

What's to like? She allowed the fortunate few to accrue insane amounts of wealth while millions languished in unemployment through no fault of their own other than accident of birth. She displayed no compassion to these victims of her regime. 

How can someone with a moral compass like you like someone who hurt so many people in the name of greed and power?

3 minutes ago, Graeme said:

What's to like? She allowed the fortunate few to accrue insane amounts of wealth while millions languished in unemployment through no fault of their own other than accident of birth. She displayed no compassion to these victims of her regime. 

How can someone with a moral compass like you like someone who hurt so many people in the name of greed and power?

Bet she was pure filth though.

I've decided to vote, predictably for my current MP who works very hard, always replies to my letters and broadly has the same views as myself. Very principled woman who fights tooth and nail for my city. Lucky to have her. 

To all the Tim Farron haters, the Liberal Democrat position probably isn't ever going to produce a charismatic leader… as the centre ground philosophy is about finding a compromise. People who look for a truth between two extremes aren't going to be gung-ho. There should be a space for personalities like that in politics. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Graeme said:

Like Daisy said, when Thatcher came to power the country was on its knees, growth was non-existent, the unions were running rampant, and the economy was in the toilet. She enabled the average man in the street to purchase his own home, millions of people who never thought it possible went on to buy shares and become owners in tangible assets, she broke the unions, revitalised the economy, turned London into the most important financial city in the world and helped end the Cold War. Of course, she wasn't perfect and I think that selling off national resources was a mistake (you sell the fruit, not the trees), as was the rising unemployment, especially amongst the young. What I don't think was a mistake was her shutting down of industries that had run their course, such as flagging coal mines in the middle of nowhere. Unfortunately, mines do run dry and when they reach this point it is irresponsible to keep them going.

• Like 1

And that 1970s pre-Thatcher Britain is what Corbyn wants Britain to return to, the 'winter of discontent': shite lying uncollected in the street, electricity shortages, rampant IRA - a Britain filled with tweedy little Maoist weirdo beardos like Corbyn.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gracii Guns said:

I've decided to vote, predictably for my current MP who works very hard, always replies to my letters and broadly has the same views as myself. Very principled woman who fights tooth and nail for my city. Lucky to have her. 

To all the Tim Farron haters, the Liberal Democrat position probably isn't ever going to produce a charismatic leader… as the centre ground philosophy is about finding a compromise. People who look for a truth between two extremes aren't going to be gung-ho. There should be a space for personalities like that in politics. 

Paddy Ashdown anyone? 

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

To be fair Boris Johnson taking the mickey out of anyones looks ain't really a good idea :lol:

That, combined with the Syria comment, just made Corbyn look 'rational' and 'great' today (or yesterday, whenever he made the comments?). That is one of the hardest things to do in politics right now - even Corbyn's own party find it impossible - but Boris managed it!