British Politics

Gracii Guns

26 minutes ago, wasted said:

I'm lost. Someone explain British politics to me.

Tories win. What happens?

Labour win. What happens?

Tories win;

The poor/disabled/old/unemployed get hit in the head with a shovel

MPs bang on about immigrants and foreigners, despite them being in charge of the policies

Cuts to public spending/services and more austerity

Tax breaks for the rich

Help the Americans in the middle east and sell weapons to the Saudis

Wet dreams of making 1984 a reality

Less workers rights

Labour win;

The poor/disabled/old/unemployed don't get hit in the head with a shovel

Brexit (it's debatable)

More public spending and more on services, nationalization of services such as rail for example

Tax increases for the rich

Foreign policy questionable, but less likely to give into Americas middle east whims

More power to unions

Edited by AtariLegend

14 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

Tories win;

The poor/disabled/old/unemployed get hit in the head with a shovel

MPs bang about immigrants and foreigners, despite them being in charge of the policies

Cuts to public spending/services and more austerity

Tax breaks for the rich

Help the Americans in the middle east and sell weapons to the Saudis

Wet dreams of making 1984 a reality

Less workers rights

Labour win;

The poor/disabled/old/unemployed don't get hit in the head with a shovel

Brexit (it's debatable)

More public spending and more on services, nationalization of services such as rail for example

Tax increases for the rich

Foreign policy questionable, but less likely to give into Americas middle east whims

More power to unions

But surely if Tories in then immigrants are out. I saw saw the mayor of London. He white, player. He whiter me! That's a good point, I've hung up with indian public school boys who are white. I'm ghetto as fuck though. 

I've got this feeling poor disabled and old get fucked by everyone. Your off the map. Past 40 you don't count. 

Ah I see though, Tories won't spend on us, they will try to turn the plane around but will pay themselves to do it. Labour will tax the rich a little more to pay for my welfare. 

Labour not getting in on the nukes would be costly. Unions could be a drain. 

I feel like being corrupt is the future, so Labour aren't the option. Trying to be all worthy is going to get us invade by France. 

15 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

ABBA, Cruyff, Lillee, the Chappells and Bjorn Borg will all make comebacks also. We'll all start swinging a lot more also: car keys in the ash tray.

Basically retro 70s with an electric fence to keep the future out. The Beatles are from Liverpool. Let it be known!

Edited by wasted

1 hour ago, wasted said:

Basically retro 70s with an electric fence to keep the future out. The Beatles are from Liverpool. Let it be known!

Speaking seriously Corbyn is a Bennite. Expect aggrandisement of the unions, anti-corporate legislation, disarmament/pacifism and a (partial or full) withdrawal from the Anglo-American relationship (e.g. NATO) and the European Union. Theresa May seems to be espousing Disraelian 'One-Nationist Conservatism' which has not really been a force in the Tory echelons since before Thatcher, but who knows as she is rather flakey and was in Cameron's 'austerity governments'. I'm not really sure if she was ever really regarded as a one-nationist hitherto - it may just be a vote grabber. She now supports the result of the European Union referendum also, although she voted 'remain' so is rather carrying the mandate of the plebiscite, i.e., 'enacting the people's will' (that is at least how she has re-branded herself).

Edited by DieselDaisy

Supposedly as of tonight (tbc) May isn't doing any local interviews ect. Everyone else is, she's rejecting requests. So outside of the Question Time special, she'll be avoiding actual human beings. She's still got Dacre and Murdoch though... 

_96311179_mail.jpg

_96311181_express.jpg

_96310879_telegraph.jpg

_96310882_times.jpg

_96311177_sun.jpg

I'm sure the headlines the day before the election won't disappoint. My bet's on "CORBYN INVOLVED IN LEFTY PLOT TO KILL PRINCESS DIANNA", although they might go for the Madeline McCann angle instead.

Edited by AtariLegend

7 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

_96311177_sun.jpg

''A whip, nude pic & knob hall'' haha. Got to love The Sun.

7 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

She's still got Dacre and Murdoch though... 

The Times, Murdoch, actually seem to be anti-conservatives in many aspects; there were two-three anti-May columns in yesterday's edition. Why do you keep leaving out the papers supporting Corbyn? The Guardian, Mirror, Morning Star? You're acting like Corbyn has not got his (media) supporters, and that the whole of the printing press is allied against him!

19 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

''A whip, nude pic & knob hall'' haha. Got to love The Sun.

The Times, Murdoch, actually seem to be anti-conservatives in many aspects; there were two-three anti-May columns in yesterday's edition. Why do you keep leaving out the papers supporting Corbyn? The Guardian, Mirror, Morning Star? You're acting like Corbyn has not got his (media) supporters, and that the whole of the printing press is allied against him!

First of all The Guardian/Mirror sure okay, I'll give you that. The Guardian however outside of newspaper reviews on TV and Uni campus's, isn't exactly in high circulation. The reach of the Guardian is less than a 10th of The Sun for example. The FT has more readers than the Guardian, in fact the only notable publication in the UK that's less read is The Independent (which is online now).

Mourning Star? This forum has almost many active users as the Star has readers, most people wouldn't even know what it was if people like you didn't bring it up. 

19 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Speaking seriously Corbyn is a Bennite. Expect aggrandisement of the unions, anti-corporate legislation, disarmament/pacifism and a (partial or full) withdrawal from the Anglo-American relationship (e.g. NATO) and the European Union. Theresa May seems to be espousing Disraelian 'One-Nationist Conservatism' which has not really been a force in the Tory echelons since before Thatcher, but who knows as she is rather flakey and was in Cameron's 'austerity governments'. I'm not really sure if she was ever really regarded as a one-nationist hitherto - it may just be a vote grabber. She now supports the result of the European Union referendum also, although she voted 'remain' so is rather carrying the mandate of the plebiscite, i.e., 'enacting the people's will' (that is at least how she has re-branded herself).

Vote Labour, hope the Tories get in then as always. I always agree more with liberal policies, but they go tits up when reality bites/rears it's ugly head. 

We keep chopping and changing so much like the Tinker Man. I wonder if the razzmatazz of politics is distracting us from the actual concept of work. In a way I'm all for that in the corrupt times we live in. If you can slack off for a few months you might as well because this train is going to the gas chambers anyway. I need a picture analysis before I make a decision. 

11 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

First of all The Guardian/Mirror sure okay, I'll give you that. The Guardian however outside of newspaper reviews on TV and Uni campus's, isn't exactly in high circulation. The reach of the Guardian is less than a 10th of The Sun for example. The FT has more readers than the Guardian, in fact the only notable publication in the UK that's less read is The Independent (which is online now).

Mourning Star? This forum has almost many active users as the Star has readers, most people wouldn't even know what it was if people like you didn't bring it up. 

Maybe the papers you attack have a wide circulation because readers agree with the content?

Corby... it was going good until the Tory voters kept going on about Trident. That's what the headlines will be, it's a shame he couldn't just say if he had to use them in a nuclear war we'd all die anyway. He probably would be ahead in the polls if he lied and said he'd launch a preemptive nuclear strike on France.

Worried the Tories won tonight! So much for closing polls.

DBWKTQeXkAAJ6p2.jpg:large

DBWDyywW0AA9Iei.jpg

Edited by AtariLegend

That nuclear thing was so ridiculous it was almost hilarious. When was the last time there was huge nuclear bombing? WWII? I guess those guys who asked those questions live a bunker just in case there is a nuclear war.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

Your beardo lefty got trounced I take it judging by your bitter replies, the two of you?

The exchanged was too exagerate. Those guys were asking about the nuke like the UK was already at war. They seemed too corcerned and too scared of a nuclear attack. They ended up making a huge deal over an hypothetical situation. When Thatcher dropped nuke on another country? But they want Corbyn to do it?

Just now, Padme said:

The exchanged was too exagerate. Those guys were asking about the nuke like the UK was already at war. They seemed too corcerned and too scared of a nuclear attack. They ended up making a huge deal over an hypothetical situation. When Thatcher dropped nuke on another country? But they want Corbyn to do it?

Well I didn't watch the debate as I'd rather stick knitting needles in my testicles than watch either of those two, but that is rather the whole point of possessing a weapon, to be willing to pull the trigger!

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

Well I didn't watch the debate as I'd rather stick knitting needles in my testicles than watch either of those two, but that is rather the whole point of possessing a weapon, to be willing to pull the trigger!

They asked him would you let North Korea or Iran to drop nukes? Corbyn said "Of course I wouldn't!" Isn't that enough?

Just now, Padme said:

They asked him would you let North Korea or Iran to drop nukes? Corbyn said "Of course I wouldn't!" Isn't that enough?

He is supporter of terrorist groups who have killed and maimed women and children. I think I'd allow the general public their suspicion on his willingness to defend Britain this time.

12 minutes ago, Padme said:

It really bothered me that literally no questions were answered tonight. May dodged everything on the NHS and switched the question to mental health. Corbyn spent more than half the allotted time answering silly questions, very little on actual policy. 

May should have been asked about the investigatory powers act, pushed on the fact that she was home sectary over the past several years. 

I think the Trident nonsense might actually end the campaign though. I agree with his stance, but he did not answer it well and it went on far too long. Then there's the people in business owner in the audience that doesn't a higher national min wage and the random guy who supports zero hour contracts and no rights. These things things aren't reflective of the public, they're reflective of things tabloids support. I almost surprised someone didn't criticize him for being against Fox Hunting.

Edited by AtariLegend

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

He is supporter of terrorist groups who have killed and maimed women and children. I think I'd allow the general public their suspicion on his willingness to defend Britain this time.

On that question he said that during peace talks you have to meet with people you don't agree with :shrugs: