British Politics

Gracii Guns

There was an idiot at the door. Now normally my mother wouldn't answer but she detests Labour as much as myself so she went to answer to pelt the guy with abuse.

He was a Jehovah's Witness haha.

(She said ''I'm Church of England'' and shut the door. Normally she goes on a rant about ''giving blood'' with these people.)

Edited by DieselDaisy

So a few days to go, what does everyone think the result will be (not who are you voting for)?

Don't bother looking at the polls first, they're all over the place. The polling industry is in alot of trouble come Friday regardless of the result.

18 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

So a few days to go, what does everyone think the result will be (not who are you voting for)?

Don't bother looking at the polls first, they're all over the place. The polling industry is in alot of trouble come Friday regardless of the result.

If Labour loses by a small magin. They can take that as win. For Labour to really win, they need like more than 70% participation on election day

2 hours ago, Padme said:

If Labour loses by a small magin. They can take that as win. For Labour to really win, they need like more than 70% participation on election day

If the Tories don't win a big majority I think Corbyn will stay on as Labour leader. I think he might have a chance in 2022 after Brexit has fucked the country. 

• Like 1

In my lifetime this country has never elected a PM not backed by the likes of Murdoch and the Daily Mail. It goes back to the start of the Thatcher years. You're going to see some absolutely shocking/disgusting stories in the next few days, make sure the public isn't putting Corbyn in office.

The edited things The Sun was posting yesterday was Breibart-ish.

DBi1YiAW0AA8Rx1.jpg

That's the editor of The Sunday Times.

I'm holding hope for a hung parliament, but my head tells me granny in England is voting for the Tories.

Edited by AtariLegend

45 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

In my lifetime this country has never elected a PM not backed by the likes of Murdoch and the Daily Mail. It goes back to the start of the Thatcher years. You're going to see some absolutely shocking/disgusting stories in the next few days, make sure the public isn't putting Corbyn in office.

The edited things The Sun was posting yesterday was Breibart-ish.

DBi1YiAW0AA8Rx1.jpg

That's the editor of The Sunday Times.

I'm holding hope for a hung parliament, but my head tells me granny in England is voting for the Tories.

What part of the statement is incorrect may I ask?

The ''terrorist loving'' bit? He has called Hezbollah and Hamas ''friends'', was a close fried to Gerry Adams, labelled Bin Laden's death a ''tragedy'' and has voted against every anti-terror legislation going - there is a long list of Corbyn supporting terrorism items. He has possessed a habit of supporting the enemies of Britain for a longtime.

The ''communist'' bit? I would say that is true haha, or at best he is a watered down Communist. He is being supported by the Communist Party, in that they are not contesting Labour constituencies, saying ''Vote Jeremy''. He himself has never denied his reverence for Marx in his defense.

''Less suited to high office''? Well this is difficult to predict and more subjective but considering Diane Abbott will probably be home security, somebody who can not add up to four and likened her (hitherto) support for the IRA to ''changing her Afro'', I'd say the prospect looks grim on this front also!

Edited by DieselDaisy

18 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

What part of the statement is incorrect may I ask?

The ''terrorist loving'' bit? He has called Hezbollah and Hamas ''friends'', was a close fried to Gerry Adams, labelled Bin Laden's death a ''tragedy'' and has voted against every anti-terror legislation going - there is a long list of Corbyn supporting terrorism items. He has possessed a habit of supporting the enemies of Britain for a longtime.

The ''communist'' bit? I would say that is true haha, or at best he is a watered down Communist. He is being supported by the Communist Party, in that they are not contesting Labour constituencies, saying ''Vote Jeremy''. He himself has never denied his reverence for Marx in his defense.

''Less suited to high office''? Well this is difficult to predict and more subjective but considering Diane Abbott will probably be home security, somebody who can not add up to four and likened her (hitherto) support for the IRA to ''changing her Afro'', I'd say the prospect looks grim on this front also!

Maybe he was all those things. But people change. Would you call Axl Rose a racist homophobic bigot today because he wrote OIAM 30 years ago? If he was such thing back then. I think he is not such thing today.He also said "Not in this life time". Guess what? Or Trump, back in 2008 he said Hilary Clinton would be a great president

Anyway this election was supossed to be about an strong and stable government and hard Brexit. Whatever happened to that?

1 hour ago, Padme said:

Maybe he was all those things. But people change. Would you call Axl Rose a racist homophobic bigot today because he wrote OIAM 30 years ago? If he was such thing back then. I think he is not such thing today.He also said "Not in this life time". Guess what? Or Trump, back in 2008 he said Hilary Clinton would be a great president

Anyway this election was supossed to be about an strong and stable government and hard Brexit. Whatever happened to that?

I cannot believe you have brought Rose into this haha!

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I cannot believe you have brought Rose into this haha!

I just meant to give a couple of examples of people changing their minds :shrugs: But, ok Corbyn just changed his mind again. He announced he got rid of Abbott. She just got replaced by Lyn Brown. Still claiming the illness thing. Maybe the woman is ill, maybe not.

1 minute ago, Padme said:

I just meant to give a couple of examples of people changing their minds :shrugs: But, ok Corbyn just changed his mind again. He announced he got rid of Abbott. She just got replaced by Lyn Brown. Still claiming the illness thing. Maybe the woman is ill, maybe not.

It is because she is an absolute disaster. She must have done about four interviews in a row now in which she has completely embarrassed herself.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

It is because she is an absolute disaster. She must have done about four interviews in a row now in which she has completely embarrassed herself.

Well May has also completely embarrassed herself. And Boris Johson broke all the embarrassment records many times. Why is that guy in Conservatives Brexit team?

2 minutes ago, Padme said:

Well May has also completely embarrassed herself. And Boris Johson broke all the embarrassment records many times. Why is that guy in Conservatives Brexit team?

Well Boris shouldn't be anywhere near the foreign office.

The thing is Corbyn has not changed his mind in the slightest. He does not distance himself from his former associations. When confronted, he merely supplies some wishy-washy gunk about campaigning for 'peace'.

Corbyn has spent his entire life until the present day campaigning for Britain's enemies. It is fact. The people he labels as 'friends' are of the same moral fibre as the people who perpetrated the Manchester and London attacks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, toroymoi said:

There really does need to be some regulation against false and inflammatory headlines in those trashy newspapers. Spreading purposefully misrepresented and misinterpreted information is so dangerous.

Oh there is, but the Barclay Brothers, Viscount Rothermere, Richard Desmond and Rupert Murdoch can afford the fines. They'll just offer a two line, apology in small print on page 50 in a few months.

Murdoch will get Sky News soon, so it'll it's worth it for him. No one has won an election in this country since before Thatcher that wasn't backed by Rupert Murdoch.

Edited by AtariLegend

56 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

Oh there is, but the Barclay Brothers, Viscount Rothermere, Richard Desmond and Rupert Murdoch can afford the fines. They'll just offer a two line, apology in small print on page 50 in a few months.

Murdoch will get Sky News soon, so it'll it's worth it for him. No one has won an election in this country since before Thatcher that wasn't backed by Rupert Murdoch.

Rupert Murdoch is living proof that evil people truly do tend to live longer, and they always cause the most damage; much like the late Roger Aiies who poisoned US-citizens minds with Fox 'News'.

Murdoch should be tried and put in jail for the scam his propaganda is.

• Like 1