British Politics

Gracii Guns

2 minutes ago, wasted said:

We're more of a shambles than the US now. Well done everybody. 

Buggered. Absolutely buggered.

Either,

Tories under god know's who in coalition with DUP

or

Gerry Adams's chum at Number 10 in some hodge podge coalition with a few Lib Dems, hippies and dour Scots.

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Buggered. Absolutely buggered.

Either,

Tories under god know's who in coalition with DUP

or

Gerry Adams's chum at Number 10 in some hodge podge coalition with a few Lib Dems, hippies and dour Scots.

I think of us now like the guy who gets thrown out of the house naked  by his wife. 

We've been booted out the EU with no deal and we haven't got a cohesive government or plan. 

3 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

Only thing for sure is never trust the polls!

Every one was well off and most of them had different projections. 

Actually YouGov got it right to some degree. The only poll that came up with a possible hung Parliament. And other polls showed a narrow gap between Tories and Labour.

24 minutes ago, Padme said:

Actually YouGov got it right to some degree. The only poll that came up with a possible hung Parliament. And other polls showed a narrow gap between Tories and Labour.

Skip to 3:50. 1% lead predicted by Survation. fyi Andrew Neil supposedly is the chief excetiuve of the company. If so, he's pretending he knows nothing about it, because he thinks the poll was nonsense.

5 minutes ago, wasted said:

US might be corrupt but at least they know what they are doing.

tumblr_oji598zNrc1r1ult6o1_500.gif

27 minutes ago, Padme said:

The best number ever is the actual total turnout 69 %  :lol:

Wonderful :lol: We'll get more reliable statistics at some point, but I'm hoping it remains around this number or higher.

Just want to point out that the Tories possibly being backed by the DUP (who are backed by the UDA) is just disgusting.

Are the newspapers going to be filled with stories about punishment beatings and people getting shot in support of a political party in Northern Ireland?

I know the national news doesn't cover it, but it still happens here. It's not a thing of the past.

Edited by AtariLegend
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

Just want to point out that the Tories possibly being backed by the DUP (who are backed by the UDA) is just disgusting.

Are the newspapers going to be filled with stories about punishment beatings and people getting shot in support of a political party in Northern Ireland?

I know the national news doesn't cover it, but it still happens here. It's not a thing of the past.

Irish political history needs to be spoken about more in GB, especially England. Many people think they know it as they remember some of it in the 80s and 90s. I learned a good overview at A-Level… and most people don't even know the basics. Yes, it's complicated. But I encourage all my Irish and Northern Irish friends to talk about it more. It's not nice, but it is rich and complex, and frankly, something we can learn from. 

Around five years ago, Vice ran an article covering something which was happening in Ireland. But it was so misinformed, I left a comment correcting them, and they actually took the article down. 

39 minutes ago, Dazey said:

I think we all know what the naughtiest thing Corbyn's ever done is now. :lol:

33 minutes ago, toroymoi said:

tumblr_oji598zNrc1r1ult6o1_500.gif

Wonderful :lol: We'll get more reliable statistics at some point, but I'm hoping it remains around this number or higher.

My constituency went from blue to red by a fairly slim margin. I'm pleased for the Labour win but the outgoing Tory chap was actually a decent local MP and fairly moderate in his voting history so I wouldn't have been too upset if it went the other way.

Concerned about a Tory/DUP coalition, a small majority with a strong Labour opposition might have been a better outcome for the country as a whole. Although trying to second guess where things are going seems to be a futile exercise these days. I will be surprised if we get to 2020 without another election called. :facepalm:

• Like 1