"My World" WTF?

dontdamnmeuyi2015

Okay, I was listening to you could be mine today and then the other version of Don't cry, which I really like too, and I listened to My World. I don't think I ever really listened to this song, but wtf?

Does anyone know the meaning behind this song? Is if just a collaboration of other songs and a woman panting?

Is it really Axl rapping or ranting or whatever the hell he is doing?  I thought for a minute my cd went off and I had on a radio station. lol

Anyway, just never really thought about this song and in the GNR books I've read by Duff, Steven and Slash, this song has never been mentioned at all.

It seemed to me like the band was just making a statement as to how badass they were and not to mess with them.

• Like 1

I don't remember where he said it - maybe RIP or something - but IIRC he actually *was* on shrooms and was fucking around in the studio.

Probably one of those things that would have been really funny if it had been presented later as an outtake, but at the end of the album it was just so bizarre...which I guess was the point.

5 minutes ago, stella said:

I don't remember where he said it - maybe RIP or something - but IIRC he actually *was* on shrooms and was fucking around in the studio.

Probably one of those things that would have been really funny if it had been presented later as an outtake, but at the end of the album it was just so bizarre...which I guess was the point.

Yeah, it just didn't work tagged onto the end of UYI but it does have things I like about it. The seriously deranged lyrics for a start, I love them.

1 minute ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Yeah, it just didn't work tagged onto the end of UYI but it does have things I like about it. The seriously deranged lyrics for a start, I love them.

Wish Axl had continued in that direction tbh, would have been hilarious!

40 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I wish he would've carried on in the same vein as Oh My God and Shacklers Revenge, I would've been happy with a whole album like that :lol:

Oh My God definitely, that was when he was in full NIN mode, it blew me away when I first heard it and I wish it had made the cut for CD. There's just something about Shackler's that's never quite done it for me, I dunno, I think it's where it's placed on CD as much as anything, it seems out of step with the rest of the album, it would work far better on a full industrial album though, I agree.

Edited by bucketfoot
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

Oh My God definitely, that was when he was in full NIN mode, it blew me away when I first heard it and I wish it had made the cut for CD. There's just something about Shackler's that's never quite done it for me, I dunno, I think it's where it's placed on CD as much as anything, it seems out of step with the rest of the album, it would work far better on a full industrial album though, I agree.

Yep, that's what I would've preferred, a full on psycho industrial album released before 2003. Oh well. 

6 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Yep, that's what I would've preferred, a full on psycho industrial album released before 2003. Oh well. 

That short clip of them rehearsing Oh My God before a show from a few years back with the new guitars over the chorus sounded amazing, dunno if it was just them fucking about or whether they re-recorded it but I'd love to hear a new version of that song. :headbang:

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

That short clip of them rehearsing Oh My God before a show from a few years back with the new guitars over the chorus sounded amazing, dunno if it was just them fucking about or whether they re-recorded it but I'd love to hear a new version of that song. :headbang:

I would too as long as the song isn't changed too much. To be honest I can't believe Axl has abandoned that song - wtf?! It's awesome. 

23 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

Axl's like some kind of Bond villain, evil genius just forever fucking with us. His idea of a massive wind-up! :lol:

:lol:

12 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I would too as long as the song isn't changed too much. To be honest I can't believe Axl has abandoned that song - wtf?! It's awesome.

Didn't he say it wasn't finished and was more of a demo? Can't believe it wasn't on CD ahead of Riad, Scraped or Shackler's, it's miles better than all three. :shrugs:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I agree. A friend and I once had great fun walking around repeating the "you want to talk to me? So talk to me!" part back and forth, LOL.

• Like 1