Use your illusion tour vs. not in this lifetime tour

38 minutes ago, gnrkoncerti said:

Guns n Roses didn't could sellout stadiums in US...Across the globe they did it but in US they played arenas...They need one more album and 3-4 yours to made this ''problem''

Well, you got to remember that many of the places they played weren't exactly arenas..

Like:

05.25.91 - Alpine Valley Music Theatre, East Troy, WI: attendance: 40,000

06.02.91 - Toledo Speedway, Toledo, OH: attendance: 30,000

06.11.91 - HersheyPark Stadium, Hershey, PA: attendance: 30,000

07.09.91 - Starplex Amphitheatre, Dallas, TX: attendance: 20,000

List goes on..

7 hours ago, ruttu69 said:

Well, you got to remember that many of the places they played weren't exactly arenas..

Like:

List goes on..

I mean they didn't sell out football stadiums like in 2016 (with 50000-60000 people)

9 hours ago, ruttu69 said:

Like:

List goes on..

That's arena attendance numbers.

18 hours ago, gnrkoncerti said:

I mean they didn't sell out football stadiums like in 2016 (with 50000-60000 people)

I'm pretty sure they sold out Joe Robbie Stadium in Miami on 12/31/91.  I believe around 55k.

On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 1:11 AM, MADDOGJONES said:

A lot of people are very happy with the "cash grab", hence the massive numbers of people that are going to see them. If something is a "cash grab" is it not worth seeing? Does it suck? The Skin and Bones tour was a "cash grab" by your rationale, they did that to make money, that's on record. Did it suck? Was it not worth seeing? Should we sit at home and polish our purist pins while holding others to standards we likely don't hold ourselves to?

It's better that the cash grab happened versus not at all, but regardless of how some are offended because they spent good money to see it, it could have and should have been so much more. Glass half full, or glass half empty? Take your pic, dawg

On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 10:30 AM, default_ said:

This whole "cash grab" talk is so stupid. Its simple to understand that the point of this tour, aside than a celebration of Axl, Slash and Duff together as Guns N' Roses again, is to make the brand shine again.

As a band and brand, Guns N' Roses were in pieces because of the solo Axl Rose years, nobody thrusted that band anymore so, to make people believe in this band/brand again, they have to legitimize (is that the word? lol) it, they got to do it.
Are they making money? hell yeah, but thats the whole point of the tour, to make this band/brand legit again, to test waters, to see if they can still do it after Axl ruined it all. (As much as you love and I love CD, you got to admit, he ruined the band/brand).

I think now is the perfect time to start _thinking_ about new music, not in 2016 when nobody had a clue about what was going to happen. Nobody had a clue if their relationship would work again.

Now is the time, and maybe we'll get something 2018 onwards.

Would it be cool to have new music in 2016 as they started the tour? Fuck yeah, but just imagine if they had released an album in 2016, then Axl and Slash started to fight again and the audience were as poor as Axl solo years?

It would be a disaster.

I would agree that it's safer route to tour first, then see where you stand with each other for sure, before going into the studio. But they couldn't give us one song? Slash can put his own twist to 6 Chinese songs, where's the harm in putting the same twist on an unreleased Chinese song and putting it out to promote the tour? Maybe that makes too much sense for Team Brazil, idk...

Maybe some are just offended at the cash grab term because they went to see it and spent good money to do so. But it doesn't change what we're seeing. If you're going to tour off of JUST the old hits, you involve all the people who created what that was since you're all going to get paid handsomely anyways. If this lineup had at the very least, serious intention of staying together, creating new music and evolving, it makes the Steven and Izzy situation probably less relevant.

We're getting a hybrid playing material half the people involved had nothing to do with... so that way, the big three get a bigger paycheck. It's no wonder Izzy is pissed...

Sorry folks, it's more of a cash grab than anything else.

9 hours ago, gnrkoncerti said:

I read somewhere (you can find it on web),there were 30000,but I think Guns played two nights

One night only.  12/31/91.  I was there.  It was definitely more than 30k.  At the time the stadium held 75k for football.  30k would have looked empty. 

8 hours ago, Billsfan said:

I would agree that it's safer route to tour first, then see where you stand with each other for sure, before going into the studio. But they couldn't give us one song? Slash can put his own twist to 6 Chinese songs, where's the harm in putting the same twist on an unreleased Chinese song and putting it out to promote the tour? Maybe that makes too much sense for Team Brazil, idk...

Maybe some are just offended at the cash grab term because they went to see it and spent good money to do so. But it doesn't change what we're seeing. If you're going to tour off of JUST the old hits, you involve all the people who created what that was since you're all going to get paid handsomely anyways. If this lineup had at the very least, serious intention of staying together, creating new music and evolving, it makes the Steven and Izzy situation probably less relevant.

We're getting a hybrid playing material half the people involved had nothing to do with... so that way, the big three get a bigger paycheck. It's no wonder Izzy is pissed...

Nahhh..In fact,what´s really happening here is that on the one hand we have a few fans who try too hard to make people see this tour from their point of view, as something bad as something that should be doomed to failure. And on the other hand, we have fans who do not see all this disaster, who don´t care about their bank account, who will not die if one or another member, who have not been in the band for more than 26 years and lost a great band´s chapter like that Illusions tour, is not on the stage with de Big 3... and they will not be depressed if, at this moment, the band don´t play new music..

It's not rocket science, you have to start dealing with the fact that not everyone is on a bad trip as you. Many, and I would say most of people, are having fun and having a good time, that's all...And again, what´s wrong with that? :P

So, the point is not about to be offended by this "cash grab" talk..

I think that "offended" is not the right word to describe this...It´s more like to be annoyed by someones(same ones) who´s clearly is trying to spread their pain over and over...But HEY!!!! If there is a place for those who are in pain to be able to vent, this place is here .. At least here things can get more interesting, more fun!

Completely different. Back in 91 at least the whole world was lusting after GNR. It went beyond hardcore and marginal fans. People at the shows were 8 years old to 80 and couldn't get enough of them. Now it is a nostalgia tour, which isn't bad. The show in LA last summer was magical, one of the best i've been too but it doesn't have that same idolotrous vibe going on as it did back then. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 21/4/2017 at 9:16 PM, RONIN said:

They played Perfect Crime, Locomotive, Bad Obsession, Dust N' Bones, Right Next Door to Hell, and Pretty Tied Up during the UYI tour.

So no (imho). UYI> NITL Setlist 

Way more deep cuts during UYI. NITL is overstuffed with covers and Chinese Democracy songs.

Yes they played them all, and Get In The Ring, Breakdown, Down On The Farm, Since I don't have you, One In A Million, My World, I Don't Care About You, Look At Your Game Girl, 14 Years, Perfect Crime. Wish they would play some of these again too.

On 22/4/2017 at 9:57 PM, DieselDaisy said:

It is just 'music as a museum' piece. What is the point anymore when you have not got anything inspirational to say, other than of course money accumulation?

Damn so negative you are all the time, can you say something nice for a change? Have a nice day

On 25/4/2017 at 10:48 AM, stella said:

Coming to this thread late, but my two cents: I saw them toward the end of the Illusions tour, during the Skin N' Bones leg. I was young and incredibly excited to be seeing them live. But...it wasn't a good show overall. A few of the band members were really drunk, and the acoustic set on the couch seemed to go on too long. I remember people getting really, really subdued during the acoustic bit. I loved the show, but at the same time, on some level I was disappointed. And when I listened to one of the available bootlegs years after the fact, my opinion there didn't change - it wasn't really a good show.

But they'd been touring for a very long time by that point. If I'd seen them at the beginning of the UYI tour, I might have felt very differently. A few of those earlier UYI shows, for which the pro-shot footage has been posted online, are on my "If I had a time machine, I'd stop here..." list.

In comparison - and granted it's looking at things from a different perspective - they seemed way more on point at the NITL show I saw. The band was tight, and they seemed really energized to be up there.

As to it being a "cash grab"...everyone has to make a living. It's not a bad thing to work for money. You can love what you do and give 1000% to it and still really expect and appreciate your paycheck. On the NITL show I attended, it seemed to me that they genuinely enjoyed being up there and were giving it their all, and that's all one can ask for.

Yes you should have seen them in 91, damn they were wild.                                                                                                                                 

On 1/5/2017 at 10:43 PM, Billsfan said:

I will give you cash grab god dammit, take him, take him, i will take him god dammit, rock on :headbang:

Having seen the band on both tours I can state this that the band now sounds better than they did in 92 even though Axl may not have the voice he had then, but also I remember Axl was having some throat issues then and there were some performances back then where he didnt sound well. But both were and are great tours, much better than 2001-2015 era.

• Like 1

I think it's true that what is different about it now is everything around the band. Back then we were getting a video every few months and interviews or specials on MTV. Remember those GnR weekends on MTV with nothing but GnR stuff for two days? All we have now is the same setlist and crappy youtube videos that I haven't even looked at anymore since last year. It's becoming rather boring and predictable, while back then it was all exciting and fresh. It's been over a year now and we still don't know how this 'reunion' came together or if we can even expect some new music in this lifetime. Yawn.

1992 vs 2017? :rofl-lol:

1992: After driving to another city by bus I queued up for like 6 hrs to get a ticket.

2017: I refreshed the page a zillion times and got the ticket delivered within a few days.

Man, the kids are so f***ing spoiled nowadays...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, axlweave said:

Having seen the band on both tours I can state this that the band now sounds better than they did in 92 even though Axl may not have the voice he had then, but also I remember Axl was having some throat issues then and there were some performances back then where he didnt sound well. But both were and are great tours, much better than 2001-2015 era.

2006 and 2010 Axl was on fire.                                                                                                                                                                        

• Like 2

2 hours ago, supercool said:

2017 is more mechanical, more professional but way less rock'n'roll, everything is under control.

1992 was way more interesting imo.

2006 was more interesting too.

1992 was like one of those really indulgent tours from the mid-1970s, Zeppelin or Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young: huge towering egos, drugs and booze and groupies. You cannot say those tours are about the money per se as usually a lot of the money is pissed away on decadence and mismanagement.

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 1