Favourite NON-AFD members?

From Illusions era...Matt Sorum!!! The greatest GN´R drummer, ever!! For me, he is a kind of  AFD extension member.

From Chinese era...Bucket and Fortus!! Bucket did a brilliant job on the Chinese songs and, in my opinion, did justice to the old songs .. The same with Fortus I believe he does his job very well and can bring good stuffs to a possible new album.

Really, the only "replacement" member I actively disliked was Pitman. For the favorites, though:

Bumblefoot because he's talented, was an absolute iron man (performing while badly injured FFS) and gave it his all. And I really like his attitude toward both fans and the press.

Dizzy - I saw him play in one of his club shows, and I thought he was really good. He played several instruments and sang.

Frank - I don't know why. There's just something about him I like.

I love Buckethead and have seen him play many times, but I didn't really like him *in* GnR. I think he's a lot better when he's doing his own shows or is collaborating with people like Bootsy Collins or Travis Dickerson. I really like his Thanatopsis stuff,

Edited by stella

Buckethead is my favorite. I think his solo work is too good and that he should be in a real band.

I never minded Gilby, but he didn't even play Izzy's parts on WTTJ correctly, among other songs.

Dizzy- Cool IMHO that he was "in and around" the AFD 5's scene back in the day and was a direct participant in the Illusions & Chinese (3 writing credits) eras. Has a couple great instrumental Christmas albums that I really enjoy too.

:dj:Dj- Know I'll take some heat for that one (lol)- but I loved his energy and enthusiasm at the actual shows. Guy legitimately seemed a fan of the classics- and happy to be there. Casuals I went to shows with liked him too- and still ask about him/Sixx: A.M. I'm also a big Sixx: A.M. fan. Love his re-imagined "Better".

:bbf:Bumble- As has been said- great combination of fan-friendliness and virtuoso chops. Impressive backing vocals. Incredible all-around talent IMHO.

Edited by AXL_N_DIZZY

8 hours ago, El Guapo said:

I'm surprised about all the love Robin is getting recently. 

When he was in the band that was a bit different. :D Butchering all of Slash's leads, super goofy stage antics, etc.

I'd say Gilby and Matt as well.

Me too.. I tried to give the 2002 lineup a chance and went to see them live.. Robin was the biggest turn off... Buckethead was right behind him with his childish act.. 

23 minutes ago, AXL_N_DIZZY said:

:dj:Dj- Know I'll take some heat for that one (lol)- but I loved his energy and enthusiasm at the actual shows. Guy legitimately seemed a fan of the classics- and happy to be there. Casuals I went to shows with liked him too- and still ask about him/Sixx: A.M. I'm also a big Sixx: A.M. fan. Love his re-imagined "Better".

I was done with Gn'R by that point but from what I have seen of live clips I really don't see why Ashba get's all the hate.. he sounded more Guns to me than any of the other countless tool bags they had rotating through the band.. I like him better than Fortus..

1 minute ago, Tom-Ass said:

I was done with Gn'R by that point but from what I have seen of live clips I really don't see why Ashba get's all the hate.. he sounded more Guns to me than any of the other countless tool bags they had rotating through the band.. I like him better than Fortus..

He fucking used to tap when he played the Jungle solo, that's crossing the line for me :lol: plus his Estranged solo fuck up is unforgivable :lol:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Musically I don't think he compares one bit to Ron, Richard, Bucket, etc but I don't think his playing was usually that bad in GNR. My issues with him are his social media presence, look, media whoring, style, etc

46 minutes ago, AXL_N_DIZZY said:

Dizzy- Cool IMHO that he was "in and around" the AFD 5's scene back in the day and was a direct participant in the Illusions & Chinese (3 writing credits) eras. Has a couple great instrumental Christmas albums that I love each December too.

I did not know this.  Thats fun

On ‎4‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 11:43 AM, Tom-Ass said:

As long as Slash's return was a pipe dream and new music unlikely- I appreciated Dj busting his ass onstage, making the shows a little more enjoyable for casuals, etc. Also appeared to have an understanding for the whiskey-drenched culture of the band/music and seemingly remained very faithful to the classics. I will also always give him props that the casuals I went to shows with in 11-12 went in talking about Axl and came out talking about Axl and Dj. Just my experience with his tenure though...

Edited by AXL_N_DIZZY