1. 1. Your favourite “deep cuts“ since 2006

• Don't Cry (2006)
    • Estranged (2011)
    • Civil War (2011)
    • 14 Years (2012)
    • Yesterdays (2014)
    • Coma (2016)
    • Double Talkin' Jive (2016)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

32 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

The band has played a couple of “deep cuts“ from the UYI albums since 2006. I wanna know your favourite.

My favourite is Estranged from 2011. 

Edited by Sosso
1 person likes this

Mine will be Dead Horse when they play it in Rio at the end of the year 

1 person likes this

Are Don't Cry and Estranged even considered deep cuts? I mean they were released as singles, have iconic music videos and were played live extensively during the UYI tour. So in terms of this discussion I'd have to go with Coma, just because of how rare it was before NITL. Although the other two are better songs imo.

2 people like this

3 minutes ago, AlexC said:

Are Don't Cry and Estranged even considered deep cuts? 

I consider Don't Cry and Estranged as deep cuts because they weren't played live since the UYI tour.

Yesterdays....a beautful beautiful song seriously underplayed ;)

2 people like this

2 minutes ago, Sosso said:

I consider Don't Cry and Estranged as deep cuts because they weren't played live since the UYI tour.

Yeah but that's only because so few shows were played since then. I mean, there was only 1 leg of the 2002 tour played fully and a couple of shows in '01. So it was kind of inevitable that they would be played again on the next tour in '06. Although I don't understand why the hell it took until 2011 for Civil War and Estranged to be brought back, so I guess they kind of did become rarities, but still not on the same level as Coma.

Coma all the way, now and forever.

3 people like this

Coulda gone with Coma too, but DTJ got my vote.

Posted (edited)

21 minutes ago, AlexC said:

Yeah but that's only because so few shows were played since then. I mean, there was only 1 leg of the 2002 tour played fully and a couple of shows in '01. So it was kind of inevitable that they would be played again on the next tour in '06. Although I don't understand why the hell it took until 2011 for Civil War and Estranged to be brought back, so I guess they kind of did become rarities, but still not on the same level as Coma.

Some people even speculated that Estranged wouldn't remain as a staple in the setlist. So it was a deep cut in regards of concerts back in 2011. The same with Civil War.

Edited by Sosso
1 person likes this

Yea, definitely Coma. It was one of their rarest live songs and probably the one song everyone thought they wouldn't bring back.

Plus it's their best song.

1 person likes this

I hope they keep playing Yesterdays and hope Coma will be switched for some other UYI song(s). Dead Horse needs to happen

1 person likes this

If you had gone back to 2015 and told me "they're gonna play Coma" I would've laughed until I died of respritory failure, so I pick that one.

2 people like this

Out of those choices Eattanged  is my fave.  Civil War as well. Vegas last year- both were finallly played properly again and kicked ass! 

Estranged is my favorite GN'R song, so yeah - that gets my pick.

Honorary mention to Yesterdays, because it was awesome being at that first show where it got played again in 2014. 

3 people like this

29 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

Estranged is my favorite GN'R song, so yeah - that gets my pick.

Honorary mention to Yesterdays, because it was awesome being at that first show where it got played again in 2014. 

The 2014 Yesterdays performances were pretty good. A lot better than the NITL ones IMO (vocally at least).

1 person likes this

Definitely Coma.

Estranged being played in 2011 was probably the worst thing that ever happened to me as a GNR fan. I thought that was a song that Axl just wouldn't play without Slash. When I was watching the Rio disaster and they started playing it I felt so bad that I can't even put it into words.

1 person likes this

53 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Definitely Coma.

Estranged being played in 2011 was probably the worst thing that ever happened to me as a GNR fan. I thought that was a song that Axl just wouldn't play without Slash. When I was watching the Rio disaster and they started playing it I felt so bad that I can't even put it into words.

I will say that it would have been crazy if they brought it back with Slash, but still glad it made its way back. I wish we got Civil War in 2010 though 

4 hours ago, Sosso said:

Some people even speculated that Estranged wouldn't remain as a staple in the setlist. So it was a deep cut in regards of concerts back in 2011. The same with Civil War.

"Deep cut" doesn't mean "rarely played" or "not played often". It's a phrase usually used for a lesser known song that perhaps only die hard fans would know. A sleeper hit, maybe. Locomotive and Coma fit that, but Don't Cry doesn't, it's one of their most well known songs.

Posted (edited)

14 years. Would like them to do dust n bones

Edited by Sydney Fan

A band with three albums doesn't have any deep cuts.

2 people like this

10 hours ago, Sosso said:

The band has played a couple of “deep cuts“ from the UYI albums since 2006. I wanna know your favourite.

My favourite is Estranged from 2011. 

i had no idea that any of these songs except coma were deep cuts!

so much exciting and useful info on this forum

its good for parties, people get impressed when i mention new useful info like that on parties!

:rofl-lol:

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Coma, without a doubt. Only ballsy thing they did for this so-called "reunion"...

Edited by AncientEvil80
1 person likes this