Sounds like November Rain?

Apologies for the 1D mention on a rock forum. :lol: Apparently one of them has a solo single out, I saw it suggested on another site that it sounds quite a bit like November Rain.

I had a listen and I sort of get what they mean and just wondered what others thought of it? With the reunion this last year they certainly could be influencing younger artists more than usual.

Don't shoot me it's a slow news week.

The piano chord progression is pretty much the same except for the last chord, I think, and both songs are in the same key. But really that's it. The "gravitas" of November Rain is not present in this song at all. This sounds overall like a very different song, and a shitty one, at that. Id be surprised if this track actually becomes a hit.

• Like 1

Hmmm....not really but I get what you mean.

To me the similarities show up more in the drums parts, there's one of those that sounds a lot like Nov Rain intro and the other similarity could be the strings arrangements, but not the melody.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

The piano chord progression is pretty much the same except for the last chord, I think, and both songs are in the same key. But really that's it. The "gravitas" of November Rain is not present in this song at all. This sounds overall like a very different song, and a shitty one, at that. Id be surprised if this track actually becomes a hit.

It actually is already some kind of a hit song. But most hit songs are shitty, so it shouldn't come as a surprise if this one's successful as well.

• Like 1

Jeez, its either you love it or you hate it with everyone, there is no in between. It's not innovative by any means (and I'm most likely never going to willingly listen to it ever again), but I don't think its bottom-of-the-gutter-fucking-horrible-pile-of-dog-shit as you all are saying.

(Of course those are your opinions, which are equally as valid)

Edited by Mendez
  • Like 1