Guitar and Drums

Hey guys, 

If Richard Fortus and Frank Ferrer suddenly disappeared and NO past member of Guns N' Roses was available who would you like to see as rhythm guitarist and drummer? 

So remember, no Izzy, Robin, Josh etc

I'd go Jonny Depp and Dave Grohl TBH. I think that would be an unreal band. Dave's drums are massive and Jonny plays in that great understated way Iz and Gilby did plus his stuff with Oasis was great back in the day. 

Just now, AslatIE said:

I know the rhythm parts to most of their songs, definitely know about 95% of their setlist, so I'd like to see myself as the rhythm guitarist ;)

Drums would have to be Brent Fitz, excellent drum beater

Great answer, never thought of that!  I can do a mean Izzy also, lol

• Like 1

Brent Fitz on drums for sure.. He would instantly elevate this thing.

Have to think about the guitar thing.. Someone Slash has played with before and had chemistry with... Bobby Schneck? I though he did great with Slash' solo band.. he did a good job filling in for Brad Whitford in Aerosmith.. Wasn't he is Slash's Blues Ball as well?

• Like 1

On 4/21/2017 at 6:44 AM, Izzymacbeth said:

I'd go Jonny Depp.

I oddly agree with this. From what i've seen of Johnny's guitar playing, it's rhythm first. It would be a whole different animal as opposed to Fortus. Just like Izzy or Gilby, he won't a guy who can do crazy solos, but add a steady rhythm to Slash's lead. The question would be about that he is a big actor. If Johnny did join Guns, media might crap all over it saying "Johnny Depp failing film career!" or something against Guns themselves as "GN'R recruits famous actor" and could put the band in even more of a WTF state. Otherwise, i could see Johnny fitting in well in a rhythm role, he has played with and does know Duff. For drums? i'd be totally on board with Brent Fitz like a lot of you are saying.

Brent Fitz.  I too would like to play rhythm.  Given its GnR I don't think we all need to compete for that spot.  I vote for the rhythm spot to be filled by everyone on the forum who wants to.  We'll work out a rotation and arrangements that will hope to keep towel waving to a minimum.

• Like 4