Appetite or Bollocks?

bucketfoot

Appetite or Bollocks?  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

No fuckin' question, all week long and twice on sundays, no fuckin' comparison, The Pistols were it, the real deal, never to be repeated, Guns n Roses are plankton in comparison, do not even belong in the same conversation, The Pistols were a one off miracle of a band that somehow got let in through the backdoor into the mainstream and their sort have never been let in since, nothing about Guns n Roses registers anywhere near what The Pistols were in terms of like...importance, of being musically radical, of the sheer power and lairyness of the music, GnR were basically a pastiche of a bunch of 70s bands done a little dirtier with an LA vibe.  Now name one prescedent for what The Pistols were?  What, The Stooges?  No, The Stooges were influenced as much by rock n roll as they were by free Jazz or fuckin' free form music or even the blues.  The Ramones, what, doo wop and 50s bubblegum sped up?  Nothing has ever sounded like The Pistols in popular music...and nothing ever will. Guns n Roses wish they could be the fuckin' Sex Pistols...quite literally in the case of the bass player who ripped off Sid right down to the lip curl, the padlock and chain, the leather jacket and the V sign.  The Pistols come under that category of serious benchmarks of rock n roll, the standard bearers of an era, they were the final word of rock n roll, there is no rock n roll after The Sex Pistols, they killed it dead, its been impossible to take seriously ever since.

27 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

Both are on my TOP 5 of favorite albums but AFD is #1. But let's just be fair and say that without NMTB we wouldn't have AFD.

Great point.

7 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

No fuckin' question, all week long and twice on sundays, no fuckin' comparison, The Pistols were it, the real deal, never to be repeated, Guns n Roses are plankton in comparison, do not even belong in the same conversation, The Pistols were a one off miracle of a band that somehow got let in through the backdoor into the mainstream and their sort have never been let in since, nothing about Guns n Roses registers anywhere near what The Pistols were in terms of like...importance, of being musically radical, of the sheer power and lairyness of the music, GnR were basically a pastiche of a bunch of 70s bands done a little dirtier with an LA vibe.  Now name one prescedent for what The Pistols were?  What, The Stooges?  No, The Stooges were influenced as much by rock n roll as they were by free Jazz or fuckin' free form music or even the blues.  The Ramones, what, doo wop and 50s bubblegum sped up?  Nothing has ever sounded like The Pistols in popular music...and nothing ever will. Guns n Roses wish they could be the fuckin' Sex Pistols...quite literally in the case of the bass player who ripped off Sid right down to the lip curl, the padlock and chain, the leather jacket and the V sign.  The Pistols come under that category of serious benchmarks of rock n roll, the standard bearers of an era, they were the final word of rock n roll, there is no rock n roll after The Sex Pistols, they killed it dead, its been impossible to take seriously ever since.

:lol: i was licking my lips at the thought of your response, Len! :lol:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Told you lot so :lol: 

Both. Seriously, I can't. These are my two favorite albums. And though the first time I listened to NMTB it made an impression on me that no other album ever come close, not even AFD, after listening to both so many times I lost count - who am I kidding? - I guess it's AFD at the end of the day  :nervous:Still, NMTB is the shit. Listen to that everyday of your lives, as loud as you can :wub:

Just now, Len Cnut said:

Listen right, you fuckin' learned guitar to sit around and memorise Buckethead songs note for note, that disqualifies you from havin' a worthy opinion on fuckin' music son :lol:  

Listen right, I spent hours in my fookin room trying to perfectly play the Johnny B. Goode riff so as far as I'm concerned you can fuck off :lol: 

3 minutes ago, AslatIE said:

Listen right, I spent hours in my fookin room trying to perfectly play the Johnny B. Goode riff so as far as I'm concerned you can fuck off :lol: 

Your weekend, as it will go down:

Ah, Bucketheads 37th album of 2007,

tinkle tinkle tinkle tinkle tinkle tinkle tinkle tinkle tinkle tinkle tinkle

*36 hours later, bleary eyed*

tinkle tinkle tinkle tinkle tinkle tinkle tinkle

*phone on silent buzzing on table, Girlfriend calling*

And then off to school :lol:

And so, in a quiet corner of Norway, Rock lived on!

Edited by Len Cnut

Just now, Len Cnut said:

Your weekend, as it will go down:

Ah, Bucketheads 37th album of 2007,

*36 hours later, bleary eyed*

tinkle tinkle tinkle tinkle tinkle tinkle tinkle

*phone on silent buzzing on table, Girlfriend calling*

And then off to school :lol:

I learned Soothsayer in a day so you can take that statement and shove it up your arse! :lol: 

It's easier to learn the tinkly tonkly wankfest that's called Buckethead's music than the groovyness of Chuck fucking Berry, so that's why I resort to posting videos of that! :lol:

Plus if you don't shut up soon I'll post another Queen cover :lol: 

Just now, AslatIE said:

I learned Soothsayer in a day so you can take that statement and shove it up your arse! :lol: 

It's easier to learn the tinkly tonkly wankfest that's called Buckethead's music than the groovyness of Chuck fucking Berry, so that's why I resort to posting videos of that! :lol:

Plus if you don't shut up soon I'll post another Queen cover :lol: 

tinkle tinkle tinkle tinkle tinkle tinkle tinkle tinkle tinkle tinkle tinkle :D:lol:

(sorry, you know I'm just fuckin' about!)