Royal Blood- NEW ALBUM AND TOUR

ZoSoRose

Any other fans out there? They are probably my favorite new band from the past 5-10 years. Super creative and kick-ass. Can't believe its just 2 people and no guitar!

This album is probably one of my most anticipated releases of the year, and I will be seeing them for the first time at the Detroit show.

The new single, "Lights Out" is pretty rad!

New album, "How Did We Get So Dark?" out in June,

http://liveforlivemusic.com/news/royal-blood-2017-album-tour-announce/

2ndJune – Paradise Rock Club, Boston, MA
2ndJune – 4thJune – Governor’s Ball, New York, NY
6thJune – 9:30 Club, Washington, DC
7thJune – Union Transfer, Philadelphia, PA
9thJune – St. Andrews Hall, Detroit, MI
10thJune – Newport Music Hall, Columbus, OH
11thJune – Bonnaroo Music Festival, Manchester, TN
31stJuly – Upstate Concert Hall, Buffalo, NY
3rdAug – Bogart’s, Cincinnati, OH
5thAug – Lollapalooza, Chicago, IL
8thAug – Commodore Ballroom, Vancouver, BC
9thAug – Showbox, Seattle, WA
10thAug – Roseland Theater, Portland, OR
12thAug – Outside Lands, San Francisco, CA
13thAug – The Observatory, Santa Ana, CA
15thAug – The Observatory North Park, San Diego, CA
16thAug – The Wiltern, Los Angeles, CA

Looking forward to seeing them for the first time in Bean-town.

I've got to concur that the new single doesn't quite have the edge that most of the debut album did. There's some cool melodies but by and large it sounds like something that was left off the last album. The song they did for the show Vinyl wasn't that memorable either.

Got my ticket in the presale today

I really like "Lights Out". Great riffs and melodies. It is more straight forward than their other songs, but we will get more jammy stuff on the record. The song from Vinyl is their weakest song, imo, but it isn't bad. It was reworked for the new album.

Hope there are B-sides, too. Some of their best tracks were the leftovers that didn't make the self titled.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Wow, no love for Royal Blood round here then eh?  I'm surprised.  Would have thought there'd be interest from a GNR fan base.  I mean, this is the best hard rock band I've heard in about 10 years, easily.  Even Jimmy Page thinks so.  Fell in love with the first album and although the second doesn't quite live up to expectations, it is still an exceptionally solid album, especially compared to everything else out there.  They are also one of the few bands whose B sides would make a fucking outstanding album (and I do not put Guns N Roses in that category).  

@ZoSoRose Have you heard the bonus songs that went on the vinyl release?  Cheap Affection and Half A Chance should have gone on the album and show what the guys are really capable of.  I'm going to see them November.  Can't wait!

On 8/3/2017 at 5:13 PM, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Wow, no love for Royal Blood round here then eh?  I'm surprised.  Would have thought there'd be interest from a GNR fan base.  I mean, this is the best hard rock band I've heard in about 10 years, easily.  Even Jimmy Page thinks so.  Fell in love with the first album and although the second doesn't quite live up to expectations, it is still an exceptionally solid album, especially compared to everything else out there.  They are also one of the few bands whose B sides would make a fucking outstanding album (and I do not put Guns N Roses in that category).  

@ZoSoRose Have you heard the bonus songs that went on the vinyl release?  Cheap Affection and Half A Chance should have gone on the album and show what the guys are really capable of.  I'm going to see them November.  Can't wait!

Yeah Im surprised. Also surprised the band isnt as big in the USA still. Seems like they are pretty huge in Europe (especially the UK).

Anyways, I think the new album is fantastic. Different than the debut, its less jammy and riffy and more song writing oriented but it Isnt necessarily a bad thing, just different. I think the bonus tracks are also awesome, eapecially Half the Chance. 

I saw them in June and it was one of the best gigs I have ever been to. Theyre amazing in concert. Also got one of their lithographs and met and chatted with the band after the show. They signed my poster and took pictures and I had a cool conversation with Mike. I asked about opening in GNR in Slane and he said the crowd was massive and it was an interesting experience and good reminder that with all those people and even though RB has a big following, it wasnt their crowd. They were both really nice amd gracious. Cool dudes and great band.

• Like 1

I think it's tough for any rock band to crack any market at this stage, though I do sense a slow but sure turning of the tide, at least in the UK.  Hopefully they'll get more exposure in the US when they open for Guns there later on.

That's cool you managed to meet and chat with them.  They both seem like nice guys.  Ben's insta stories are funny.  He does't do a lot of the talking in interviews, but he does seem to be the 'funny one' on the road.  

My standouts from the new album are the title track, Hook, Sleep, which I adore and is my no.1 fave, then the bonus songs.  And, believe it or not, Don't Tell.  That seems to have divided fans and critics alike. I read one critic saying it was their 'attempt at blues and they failed'.  I disagree.  I think it's got a great dirty, bluesy riff, it's slower temp, but it works for me. Very sexy.  

5 hours ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

I think it's tough for any rock band to crack any market at this stage, though I do sense a slow but sure turning of the tide, at least in the UK.  Hopefully they'll get more exposure in the US when they open for Guns there later on.

That's cool you managed to meet and chat with them.  They both seem like nice guys.  Ben's insta stories are funny.  He does't do a lot of the talking in interviews, but he does seem to be the 'funny one' on the road.  

My standouts from the new album are the title track, Hook, Sleep, which I adore and is my no.1 fave, then the bonus songs.  And, believe it or not, Don't Tell.  That seems to have divided fans and critics alike. I read one critic saying it was their 'attempt at blues and they failed'.  I disagree.  I think it's got a great dirty, bluesy riff, it's slower temp, but it works for me. Very sexy.  

Yeah, they're still insanely successful and popular, I'm just surprised they haven't popped more here. They seem to be playing arenas in Europe so that's awesome. Ben was definitely more reserved, but very gracious. Mike was more social and ended up talking to me for like 10 or 15 minutes. Very cool guys!

They are  band that has yet to release a bad song imo. I think Don't Tell is great and I love it's solo. My fave on the new album are Hook Line and sinker, Hole in your Heart, Sleep, and Look Like You Know but I legit like every song

• 3 months later...