Why had slash to pay 1000 to start the show with nightrain?

There's an audio recording of that show. Axl said Slash offered $100 to everyone on the room if they let him open the show with Nightrain. Then Axl said he would give his 100 back if Slash's girlfriend cuts her hair, or something like that.

They also talk about it at the next show in Toronto, Axl said he heard at least 10 strong Nightrain requests and that Slash would be very happy because that wouldn't cost him any money.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Smoking opium on a plane?  Shit, i tried opium a couple of months back, I was fucked for 8 hours, no wonder the cunts always late for shows!

I used to work with some lads in a restaurant who regularly smoked opium, they were fucking shit at their jobs, but it's a miracle they could even stand up! I went to one of their opium parties as an observer and left after less than an hour, it was like sitting in a room full of corpses.

I was never too big on opiates in general, but I did used to trade small amounts of weed for morphine tablets with this Irish hag who was on some arthritis scam and had repeat scrips falling out of her arsehole. All I did at the time was smoke and sell a bit of weed, so I used to take these tablets with my girlfriend at the time and lie on her bedroom floor feeling sick and happy.

The old lady always warned against more than 4 of these pills and one night I had about 6, had some of the most horrific hallucinations ever, that was the last time I had anything in that drug damily. They were like M&Ms compared to what I saw those boys honking at that party though. 

8 hours ago, SoundOfAGun said:

I used to work with some lads in a restaurant who regularly smoked opium, they were fucking shit at their jobs, but it's a miracle they could even stand up! I went to one of their opium parties as an observer and left after less than an hour, it was like sitting in a room full of corpses.

I was never too big on opiates in general, but I did used to trade small amounts of weed for morphine tablets with this Irish hag who was on some arthritis scam and had repeat scrips falling out of her arsehole. All I did at the time was smoke and sell a bit of weed, so I used to take these tablets with my girlfriend at the time and lie on her bedroom floor feeling sick and happy.

The old lady always warned against more than 4 of these pills and one night I had about 6, had some of the most horrific hallucinations ever, that was the last time I had anything in that drug damily. They were like M&Ms compared to what I saw those boys honking at that party though. 

I do a lot of writing so i was thinking to do some and write or something, was too fucked to do anything except lay there planked out.  Its not even like you aint concious, you just sort of...drift.  I can see how people get addicted to it, it is a lovely feeling.  I cant really explain but its somewhere in between awake and asleep, the stuff i had was ingested by eating so it took a couple of hours to hit me but when it did it was a bangin' buzz.  

The writing on drugs thing never works, i tried writing on LSD once and it was just three lines of squiggles veering off the page :lol:  Booze is about the only thing good for writing and even then some heavy editing and adjustment is required after to glean like...three good lines.

Also, at high altitudes you get higher quicker so how the fuck Axl done it on a plane beats me, as I say no wonder he dont make it on time, sing, i could barely sit up.

• Like 1

I only tried opiates once and had the misfortune of watching that conspiracy movie "Zeitgeist" at the same time. My mind was fucking blown, and then I forgot where I was for about 15 minutes and I freaked the fuck out, and then I zombied for the rest of the movie and sobered up convinced the world was a huge conspiracy theory :lol: Can't say I'm in a hurry to repeat the experience :wacko:

50 minutes ago, Silverburst80 said:

I smoked heroin once with my friends when i was 17, all i remember is throwing up and then bizzarely going to KFC. I can tell right now it's the only time i've felt sick and wanted KFC at the same time in my entire life.

That's hilarious.  :lol:

• Like 1

On 25/04/2017 at 8:23 AM, Len Cnut said:

I do a lot of writing so i was thinking to do some and write or something, was too fucked to do anything except lay there planked out.  Its not even like you aint concious, you just sort of...drift.  I can see how people get addicted to it, it is a lovely feeling.  I cant really explain but its somewhere in between awake and asleep, the stuff i had was ingested by eating so it took a couple of hours to hit me but when it did it was a bangin' buzz.  

The writing on drugs thing never works, i tried writing on LSD once and it was just three lines of squiggles veering off the page :lol:  Booze is about the only thing good for writing and even then some heavy editing and adjustment is required after to glean like...three good lines.

Also, at high altitudes you get higher quicker so how the fuck Axl done it on a plane beats me, as I say no wonder he dont make it on time, sing, i could barely sit up.

It is amazing that people get anything done on drugs, let alone play a gig. As a younger man I was convinced that I had to be high to write songs, which was fortunate as I smoked weed everyday. The only thing I could do on LSD was concentrate on keeping hold on my mind, the last time at least. Used to be my favourite tipple up until August Bank holiday 2000; we got hold of this weapons grade hippy shit and things have never been 100% the same since. I had been on the acid shandies up until that point. I'm still not completely convinced that another version of me came back from this desert and left the original out there to die. It sounds like something he would do.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SoundOfAGun said:

It is amazing that people get anything done on drugs, let alone play a gig. As a younger man I was convinced that I had to be high to write songs, which was fortunate as I smoked weed everyday. The only thing I could do on LSD was concentrate on keeping hold on my mind, the last time at least. Used to be my favourite tipple up until August Bank holiday 2000; we got hold of this weapons grade hippy shit and things have never been 100% the same since. I had been on the acid shandies up until that point. I'm still not completely convinced that another version of me came back from this desert and left the original out there to die. It sounds like something he would do.

With weed you can do it, i got mates that smoke weed and play football.  Coke you can.  With LSD what they dont tell you is they dont do the gig when they're peaking, they take it just before so by the last couple of songs its kicking in.  

51 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

With weed you can do it, i got mates that smoke weed and play football.  Coke you can.  With LSD what they dont tell you is they dont do the gig when they're peaking, they take it just before so by the last couple of songs its kicking in.  

I smoked weed until I didn't enjoy anymore; at about 27 it started making me pretty uneasy most of the time. Had a go on coke but it seemed pretty fucking soulless if you know what I mean. Didn't realise there was a secret LSD method for musicians; still don't think I could manage those two song where I'd be coming up though, I'd be off in a field somewhere discovering random nonsense.

2 hours ago, SoundOfAGun said:

I smoked weed until I didn't enjoy anymore; at about 27 it started making me pretty uneasy most of the time. Had a go on coke but it seemed pretty fucking soulless if you know what I mean. Didn't realise there was a secret LSD method for musicians; still don't think I could manage those two song where I'd be coming up though, I'd be off in a field somewhere discovering random nonsense.

You dont really feel nothing off of acid for the first hour, or i dont anyway.  It takes a good 90 mins to kick in PROPER in my experience.

35 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

You dont really feel nothing off of acid for the first hour, or i dont anyway.  It takes a good 90 mins to kick in PROPER in my experience.

I don't think I ever timed it! I remember the waiting around and that mushrooms always seemed to kick in quicker.

8 minutes ago, SoundOfAGun said:

I don't think I ever timed it! I remember the waiting around and that mushrooms always seemed to kick in quicker.

Im always looking at the clock! :lol:. In fact just before its kicked in everytime I've been thinking 'I've been fuckin ripped off' :lol:

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I have had the same thoughts on several occasions and unfortunately been right once or twice....

9 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Im always looking at the clock! :lol:. In fact just before its kicked in everytime I've been thinking 'I've been fuckin ripped off' :lol:

I have had the same thoughts on occasion and unfortunately been right once or twice....