Podcast: How Katarina Benzova became the tour photographer for Guns N' Roses and AC/DC

Sure Kat's professional talent (which I think is considerable) got her into the discussion (Guns, AC/DC aren't just going to hire a "pretty face" for something so important IMHO- particularly when they have access to "pretty faces" pretty much 24/7 anyway). Once there though- could easily see rock groups be like- "Wait- instead of the usual doughy, middle-age dudes in Star Trek t-shirts snapping us- we could have a former runway model instead?!? Hmmm....". 

4 hours ago, bigpoop said:

And yeah, Kat is definitely hot. And  also totally delusional if she thinks that had nothing to do with her getting the gig.

Yeah. That definitely helped her getting the job. She certainly wouldn't have been asked, would she be an ugly woman or a dude, but also nobody would have asked her back, if her photos sucked. They're actually quite good.

• Like 1

I believe that if they had not hired her they would have hired Jarmo ... They have almost the same style of photography ... So, I'm fine with that ... Much better with her!:P

But talking about quality ... nowadays, I prefer Tako´s pics, that japanese chick rules!

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

Jarmo is not a top photographer. His pics are average, at best. Plus he looks like a dork.

Agree 100% but in 2010 she was not that good either. Anyway,since then she has improved a lot and has a good style ..And like the others around here, I think she's hot too..:lol:

With Guns maybe Axl did like her work... And not just enjoy a pretty young ladies company, but with AC/DC she got that job through Axls recommendation. I feel that's reasonable to believe, just like she got the dead daisies gig through Richard and Dizzy.

I personally think they should hire Tako for the final leg of the tour. They won't have to pay for her travel expenses since she's probably already got tickets for all of the shows anyway, plus her pictures actually capture the "moment." Kat's pics are nice as well but they just seem too desktop-wallpaper-ish to me. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tajandreas said:

I personally think they should hire Tako for the final leg of the tour. They won't have to pay for her travel expenses since she's probably already got tickets for all of the shows anyway, plus her pictures actually capture the "moment." Kat's pics are nice as well but they just seem too desktop-wallpaper-ish to me. 

Love Tako's photos! She gets great closeups which are incredibly clear and vibrant, and captures some wonderful spur of the moments too. Excellent eye! 

• Like 1