AXL'S NEXT MOVE?

Sunset Gardner

if you were managing axl, or you were one of his "yes men" that he surrounds himself with, and you had the opportunity to sit him down and have some straight talk… WHAT WOULD YOU SAY?  

i would advise him this is a critical moment for his personal legacy and for the legacy of the band he nearly destroyed.  

i would say finishing the "second half" of axl's solo record or fronting a fake version of ac/dc are the WORST possible mistakes for axl to make at this point and i hope there's someone in his team who is smart enough and brave enough to sit him down and explain that he needs to work on gnr… not just new music but restoring the name and brand that he tried so hard to destroy.  

CD was recorded so many different times and he still didn't get it right because axl was lost and insecure without his bandmates… i think recording new and fresh could bring a spontaneity for axl that he so badly needs after years of tragically predictable and self sabotaging behavior.  

it's about a new chapter for gnr… nothing else matters.  

I'd tell him he better fucking get his act together, focus and do something worthwhile to restore the name of the band he nearly destroyed and also to cut out the tragically predictable, self sabotaging behaviour.... I'd tell him Sunset Gardner fucking said so! :jerkoff::facepalm:

• Like 1

"Release whatever you have left of the CD sessions. Be it under 'Guns N' Roses', or any other band name. Don't have wasted all those musicians (Brian May, Buckethead, Robin Finck, Josh Freese, Marco Beltrami) and producers time (Sean Beaven and Roy Thomas Baker) for nothing. People probably are going to dismiss it if you release it under 'Guns N' Roses', so I'd release it under a different band name, and not under you name, as a large portion of material was written without you. And unless its actually important to the song, remove Chris Pitman from the entirety of it. And don't fucking use 5 guitar tracks of the same thing. Unique overdubs are fine, but not 5 tracks that are literally playing the same thing. And restore the original guitar solos that have been replaced."

Then after he does that

"Stop wasting Slash and Duff's time, write something together and release it"

Edited by Mendez

14 hours ago, bucketfoot said:

I'd tell him he better fucking get his act together, focus and do something worthwhile to restore the name of the band he nearly destroyed and also to cut out the tragically predictable, self sabotaging behaviour.... I'd tell him Sunset Gardner fucking said so! :jerkoff::facepalm:

you know what?  you're right.  i stand corrected.  axl should flush it all in the toilet and chase his tail and finish CD part two, he should write and record with employees who look like vegas circus freaks that NO ONE except you and few others want to see, and then gnr can officially mean nothing.  bumblehead, bucket clown, all the employees should get another shot, i agree.   i can't believe i almost got that wrong.  no izzy, no slash, no duff, no steven or matt or dizzy, and certainly nothing new with fortus writing.  just axl, because ONLY AXL is gnr.  only axl is responsible for afd, lies, uyi, i realize that now because of you.   

and then after all that axl should should front a cheap soulless fake version of AC/DC.

i almost got this all wrong.  luckily you saved me from myself.  thank you.  for a second i thought axl was a fat pig enabled by his lawyers and employees. 

Edited by Sunset Gardner

Release something. A single or EP or just anything...damn it's been nearly 20 years of the CD era and we've gotten 15 officially released songs, one live then scrapped new song (Silkworms) and Going Down. Just release anything! I don't care what lineup but it's pretty pathetic.

i talked about bruce springsteen and the e street band in other threads and i can't help but see a parallel with gnr.  bruce reunited with e street and did what gnr is doing.  they went on a tour to celebrate their legacy, play their hits and a few deep cuts, make a ton of money and see what it would be like, if anything at all, to play together again.  along the way realized they all liked one another, they could all still play, maybe even better, and that the desire was there to play together as family.  and it was a brilliant new period for bruce and he's written some of his finest songs, this is all in his fifties and sixties.  bruce and the band like one another, they are in each others private lives off stage, they enjoy each others company, very rare but very cool.   i think the same could be/should be happening for gnr.  i think the tour is/was an experiment to see how axl and slash could coexist.  i think it's been a success, axl's energy is completely different not since it's been since the early days.  

so moving forward i can't help but think there isn't at least a part in each of them that wants to let go of the bullshit and get down to being a band again, a new, grown up version that MOVES FORWARD into a whole new period.  

i can't help but think fortus has a couple good ones up his sleeve.  if no izzy, then i hope fortus gets the shot gilby never did.   

this is why i'd hate to see axl get distracted with old material or fake ac/dc.  

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Sunset Gardner said:

or fake ac/dc.  

What if he feels a record with AC/DC-Angus is truly what he wants to do now though? If he thinks THAT is where he feels inspired and would produce something awesome at this stage of his life/career and not with Slash/Duff?

Just now, bucketfoot said:

What if he feels a record with AC/DC-Angus is truly what he wants to do now though? If he thinks THAT is where he feels inspired and would produce something awesome at this stage of his life/career and not with Slash/Duff?

i would want him to do whatever he wants and follow his heart regardless of what others think.  i would just hope there's someone in his other ear playing devils advocate, advising him that neither time nor his voice are on his side and that guns could really use a final chapter.  something solid to clean up the mess.  

it'll always be fake ac/dc… no person with any sort of soul or integrity would buy that as actually ac/dc.  just like no one bought his fake gnr band or his fake gnr album.

axl in ac/dc was a really cool thing that happened and that's where he should leave it.  it was a novelty thing.  great while it lasted, it would even make a great dvd.  but to go forward with more would be to beat a dead horse.  it wouldn't be fun anymore. 

BUT IF axl and angus want to do a side project together and call it something new, and they want to write and release material under a new name then i would totally support that.  but don't try and sell me that shit as AC/DC.

Edited by Sunset Gardner
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Continue touring is possible for another 2 years by adding new cities to the tour and add have Izzy, Steven, Gilby , Matt join the tour. 

Have press conferences and events that fans can meet and greet every band member that has played for GNR.

Release all songs recorded

I think everyone is not only wanting new music but  hungry for any information as to what this band plans to do for the next 12months to 2 years. A worts and all interview in terms of

how they think the tour has been,

what were their fears with this lineup coming together

What was Slashs reaction when axl called him when he was on tour.

Will we ever see Matt or gilby in any future band plans

why does steven only get small slots here and there,

has there been any communication with Izzy to get him into whatever plans this lineup wants to do.

What does the band want to ultimately achieve, now that they realise they can tour together and not seem as if they get sick of one another

Where they surprised with how many fans have been turning out to see this lineup

Will slash be playing with SKMC in any foreseeable future or is Guns his main priority at this stage

Will they be releasing the Troubadoor show, and looking at releasing any of the archives in terms of Appetitie/illusions tour on DVD

What does Axl plan to do with the CD leftovers

When will we see a drumming clinic DVD by Frank :P

I hope they release an EP or a full  on album of new material and another tour.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...