MyGNRForum Greatest Hits

Dan H.

I'm trying to think of some more…

Dancing in the hallways…

The time some of us decided to start a fitness plan in the countdown to Chi Dem's release, in the hope that we'd look sexy queuing for Chi Dem and get laid. 

Mafia games

An "insider" from Virgin Megastore claiming to have a release date for Chi Dem

Crews

Downloading badly Photoshopped wallpapers from mygnr.com, signing the message board.

The old mygnrforum photo album, full of teenage myspace pics

One of my earliest memories of this board was @highvoltage's previous moniker, as highvoltageacdc. 

And in general, the 10 (soon to be 11 or 12) friends I've met from this forum in real life. Some passing, some close friendships. You're all a bloody lovely lot.

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

In general, the 2006 leaks were the golden era of the GNR forums. 

Besides that HRS and his ilk trolling the band at every point. I miss Eat My Silkworms. 

I also miss the fake album covers and track listings, the new members who were 12-16 being baptized by fire by the old members, and 

The best moment was Axl calling Madison a cunt though. By far.

main-qimg-1303ff9b0084ef0d77a93878680a90

2cpc9ia.jpg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

In my opinion. Axl had a point.

She might have had a large part in building the forum, but she was still posting nonsense as facts. Nonsense that got picked by some sections of the music media as fact.

Maddy was a horrible moderator, and was responsible for my first ban. But she really didn't deserve that outburst. It was super ugly. There was a better way to call her out for her mistake and or bullshit (although in the end she was right, people did get thrown out of shows for Slash apparel...)

1 hour ago, Gracii Guns said:

I've had a lovely few hours trawling through this forum on Wayback Machine. Sadly lots of Anything Goes isn't archived. It's been nice to see all the familiar names though.

I believe we lost a lot of wonderful threads in the eric to Subsy transition :(

Edited by Dan H.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Gracii Guns said:

Dancing in the hallways…

Some days I will be sitting alone in my room, randomly think about this and crack up :lol: . Jesus people were delusional back then.

Also Chris Axl and his hat is gold lmao.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Didn't he rant that people were not being pulled out of shows with Slash t-shirts, and lo and behold, people were being pulled from shows with Slash t-shirts. Somebody needs to knock that guy out.

Yep.

On top of that, I saw it happen with my own eyes at the Chicago HoB show in 2011 (or 2012, whatever. The PPV one). People from the GN'R entourage went through the line and flat out told us that NO Slash shirts were allowed. They even made one dude turn his Slash shirt inside out and asked what section he was in so they could check on him later. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Seriously, that was a proper pussy ting.  Made himself look a right fuckin' dickhead there, a middle aged ginger millionaire with that little to do with his fuckin' life that comes onto an internet forum to dig someone out whoose been supporting his, before then, forgotten about band.  And in such an awful manner too, proper showed himself up for the fuckin' mug that he is.  You wanna kick off with someone, give it the biggun, go do it in front of a geezer, I'm just aggrieved that Madison didn't tell him to go fuck himself, I would've gone full Billy Joe Saunders on him.

who is Billy JoeSaunders?? :P 

10 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Seriously, that was a proper pussy ting.  Made himself look a right fuckin' dickhead there, a middle aged ginger millionaire with that little to do with his fuckin' life that comes onto an internet forum to dig someone out whoose been supporting his, before then, forgotten about band.  And in such an awful manner too, proper showed himself up for the fuckin' mug that he is.  You wanna kick off with someone, give it the biggun, go do it in front of a geezer, I'm just aggrieved that Madison didn't tell him to go fuck himself, I would've gone full Billy Joe Saunders on him.

Agreed. He looked so dumb. It was straight up hateful and completely unnecessary. I am not even a huge Madison supporter, but that wasn't cool. He could have easily come on here and gotten his point across without going so over the top.

Edited by ZoSoRose

4 hours ago, luciusfunk said:

What about Thomas Meadows and his dove?

The one TM thing that legit made me crack up

3 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Yep.

On top of that, I saw it happen with my own eyes at the Chicago HoB show in 2011 (or 2012, whatever. The PPV one). People from the GN'R entourage went through the line and flat out told us that NO Slash shirts were allowed. They even made one dude turn his Slash shirt inside out and asked what section he was in so they could check on him later. 

:facepalm:

23 hours ago, alfierose said:

MyPearlJam

Did anyone screenshot that?

From my time here, MyPearlJam was the best, I agree.

@Gracii Guns Remember we had that special section for members during a short time, before Downzy took over? There was a thread in there like this one, I think it was called MYGNR Hall of Fame or something. I don't know if it's still accessible for you. I got acquainted with lots of other fun threads back then, like the sneakers at a wedding and Chris who'd eat his glove.

• Like 1