Best Bands of the 2010s

Silent Jay

18 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Alabama Shakes, now there's an interesting name!  I heard Iggy (heard of em in other places to to be fair) going on about The Sleaford Mods, might have to check them out too though they might be older than the parameters here.

Ghost

1 hour ago, Nicklord said:

The best thing of the 2010s and still not a single mention here.

interesting name ;)

1 hour ago, gt72 said:

The only 2 bands I can think of off the top of my head are The Lumineers and Bastille .A band who I think discography is very impressive and came out post 2000 and who are incredible live is Rise Against .I haven't seen them mentioned on here at all but if they're in town and your debating whether or not to go ,go.They are about to release a new album in June and tour dates have already been annnounced 

yeah The Lumineers are aare a good choice

14 hours ago, Zurimor said:

Personally, I like the links, makes it easy to check out stuff if you want to.

If necessary, it takes time to load the page and it's boring. If I'm interesting in I can go to youtube in less than five second too.

-edit: my thread!

Edited by Silent Jay

On 25/04/2017 at 3:44 PM, moreblack said:

I'll disregard the rule and go from 00 to now.

Winery Dogs, Black Country Communion, Neal Morse Band, Pretty Reckless, Paramore

Also digging Against The Current, PVRIS, Dead Daisies, Blues Pills, Heaven's Basement, Slash MK &C.

I've already cited The Winery Dogs who cares their material didn't do much to me at first but I like it now, 3-piece rock band a bit prog, cringy at part but like the old way, and Richie Kotzen is just a monster, he's under the radar and killer musicians are just killer and they wrote a bunch of great songs. Mike Portnoy, Billy Sheehan it's a great band.

On 4/26/2017 at 6:58 PM, Silent Jay said:

I've already cited The Winery Dogs who cares their material didn't do much to me at first but I like it now, 3-piece rock band a bit prog, cringy at part but like the old way, and Richie Kotzen is just a monster, he's under the radar and killer musicians are just killer and they wrote a bunch of great songs. Mike Portnoy, Billy Sheehan it's a great band.

Yeah I'll listen to pretty much anything Mike Portnoy plays on, Flying Colors is another favorite band from the 2010s with him in it.

Also adding to my earlier list, Babymetal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx8IBcVjWno

Edited by moreblack

Oh fuck forgot this band,Vista Chino. The album Peace was released in 2013

John Garcia (Kyuss and tonnes of other bands)

Brant Bjork( Kyuss, Fu Manchu and solo)

Mike Dean (Corrosion of Conformity)

Guitar player is a unknown guy from Belgium called Bruno Fevery and Nick Oliveri plays bass on a few tracks. Fucking killer rock album.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CheapJon said:

Bombus

Graveyard (uhh, they count, @J Dog mentioned them as well :P )

Skraeckoedlan

Blues Pills

Ghost

Orchid

All bands are swedish except for Orchid.

I'm kind of surprised more people aren't into Graveyard, I like em.

I like Blue Pills from the few songs I've heard, probably need to go ahead and give them a proper listen.

17 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Totally forgot about Foxy Shazam. They are/were an amazing band

Their best albums came out in the 2010's but their first album came out in 2005. They're one of my all-time favourite bands though, I'm glad I got to see them a couple times (and meet them. :D)

The wait for Eric's solo album is brutal, not Chinese Democracy-brutal but still, it seems like it's taking forever. But he's finally gonna do a full solo show in Cincinnati on September 1st so hopefully there's news about the album around then.

IndieLineupPoster_sm.jpg

Edited by Gordon Comstock