Best Bands of the 2010s

Silent Jay

On 4/25/2017 at 0:14 PM, S1lkw0rm1 said:

- Death Grips

- The Armed:

Fuck yes dude, The Armed is the last band I thought I'd see mentioned on this forum. Been a fan of them since...fuck, 2010 or 11 now, and it feels like they've been this insanely well kept secret that's never quite gotten the attention they deserve. Props on Death Grips too, their fan base is kind of cancerous sometimes but they're one of the few experimental artists really pushing the boundaries and gleefully fucking with the culture at large, and they never fail to entertain.

• Like 1

Yeah, The Armed is brutal, I love that Untilted album. I don't know how I came across that band, but it was pretty recently. And for Death Grips, I don't know anything about their fan base. Would you elaborate a little more about it? Last year I visited the UK and wanted to get tickets to see them in Manchester but it was sold out. Bummer. Is there any other band I should pay attention to? Thx!

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/28/2017 at 3:33 AM, S1lkw0rm1 said:

Yeah, The Armed is brutal, I love that Untilted album. I don't know how I came across that band, but it was pretty recently. And for Death Grips, I don't know anything about their fan base. Would you elaborate a little more about it? Last year I visited the UK and wanted to get tickets to see them in Manchester but it was sold out. Bummer. Is there any other band I should pay attention to? Thx!

Well, most of Death Grips fans seem to be on the younger side, like 15-18ish, and all they seem capable of doing is turning everything they do into obnoxious memes. As long as you stay away from that side of things you're good lol.

I'm not really sure what might be up your alley, but there's this Japanese math-rock band called Tricot I've been digging a lot lately, and they just released a new album yesterday called 3 if you're curious. Hasn't been a lot on my radar the past few months though, I'm in need of something fresh too haha.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Fuck 5 but I'll give you the best, Sleaford Mods, standard.  And I only got into em recently.  Maybe the best of the decade before too.

What's a good starting point cuz?