Who would you like to see produce the next GN'R record?

1 hour ago, MaskingApathy said:

A GnR album produced by Jack White would be epic, especially if he had a guest appearance on it too. It would also be interesting if Nile Rodgers did it. 

Otherwise I would choose Mike Baskette, Nick Raskulinecz, or Dave Grohl.

oh Jack White would be epic! :dance:

Clink. 

But maybe Brendan O'Brien is an option. This would be for a Rock or Bust type album. 10 tracks, mostly Slash based material. I always think that's his solo albums. Then realise all the writers that are involved in a GNR album. But maybe the Slash/Axl album is something we are missing Axl N Guns. Much more of a hard rock album like Back in Black. Not so much Stonesy stuff. Hard rock/metal. 

42 minutes ago, wasted said:

Clink. 

But maybe Brendan O'Brien is an option. This would be for a Rock or Bust type album. 10 tracks, mostly Slash based material. I always think that's his solo albums. Then realise all the writers that are involved in a GNR album. But maybe the Slash/Axl album is something we are missing Axl N Guns. Much more of a hard rock album like Back in Black. Not so much Stonesy stuff. Hard rock/metal. 

George Young? he's a family member after all...

21 minutes ago, Original said:

LOL.   Exactly.  Talk about  "Just shut up and sing".  

:lol:

I love CD and it's probably my favourite GN'R album, but this current lineup needs someone who can bring the best out of Axl, Slash and Duff, not someone who will be putting together guitar solos from isolated bits on Pro Tools.

On Topic: I'd love the current lineup to just get in a studio together and re-do some CD left overs with someone who knows how to make an album sounds great (idk, Steven Wilson would be interesting, doing heavier songs like Sorry, and beautiful stuff like Prostitute or TIL). However, if they just add new stuff to the songs that are already recorded (like they did with Ron or Frank), Axl could do a great job finishing the songs he already did , which would probably be a faster process.

Still, you never really know when it comes to GN'R:shrugs:. To expect any new music is just contrary to the rules of logic.

1 hour ago, wasted said:

I was going to suggest Angus but not sure if he's ever produced. But if George is ACDC then go. 

He and Mal produced the Flick of the Switch and Fly on the Wall albums. 

1 hour ago, wasted said:

I was going to suggest Angus but not sure if he's ever produced. But if George is ACDC then go. 

You can just picture Angus behind the glass sipping tea going "yiiiiiiiissssss i think we've got something there guys"

Edited by Silverburst80
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Silverburst80 said:

You can just picture Angus behind the glass sipping tea going "yiiiiiiiissssss i think we've got something there guys"

Song titles like Welcome to the Bazookas and Play with My Balls. Maybe it wouldn't work!

• Like 2

Im sure Clink has a lot of stories of his time recording with the band, its a pity no media people don't do an interview with him. I think the band would use someone maybe like brendon O'Brien to do the mixing. Maybe they are waiting for the next ac/dc record to see who ac/dc may use as a producer to get a feel for the producer in question for any potential guns recording. My bet is any producer who has produced slashs solo work would get a potential nod.

the only issue is with any future guns recording is how much shit the producer would they take if axl wanted to take recordings home and tinker with them, and change the sound or musical ideas drastically. I think I read previous interviews with axl where he wanted the next record to be like appetite in terms of a pissed off angry record.

Jack White.

Or someone like him who keeps things simple and honest. He'd both capture a proper sound of the guys in a room, as well as challenge them. Nothing would be overproduced or too tinkered, nor would it be a complete nostalgia attempt of recapturing AFD. I think he has achieved enough in his career that Axl would have time and respect for his input as well. 

Handful of years ago I'd have thrown Dan Auerbach in there (and he is still a great producer but has gone a bit too generic pop of late with his sounds), think he was rumored once upon a time to be producing a ZZ Top album, that would have been brilliant but something scuppered it.

Alternatively someone like this would do with an Axl solo record as well tbh.

EDIT: lol - i did my post without seeing the OP's post. Just clicked into the thread onto page two and answered the subject :P  Sorry 

Edited by hudsonsaul
didn't see OP's comment