Who would you like to see produce the next GN'R record?

On 4/26/2017 at 9:29 AM, J Dog said:

But were the issues about the actual sound on UYI? I always felt like the big issue was the over the top extra stuff added in. That's more on Axl and the band than Clink. This is the same guy that produced AFD. I think the actual sound of UYI is fine for the most part. Izzy said that thing about hearing nothing but Slash coming out the speaker, but I feel that's a bit exaggerated.

I think what it comes down to is the mixing. AFD had that lightning in a bottle team of Thompson & Barbiero, UYI didn't. 

When you compare the sonics of the albums, you can just tell the drama and the dynamics are pitch perfect on Appetite. That's the real difference to me.

• Like 1

On April 25, 2017 at 2:22 PM, 2414225 said:

The guys who produced UYI and VRs first album did a great job. Slash production value is good enough as well. Simply no Axl experiments. But without Adler, Izzy, Gilby and Matt it won't have the unique GnR sound. So what. 

The Guy who slash works with is Elvis Baskette. He's done most of slashs recent solo work. He also works with alter bridge falling in reverse, and tremonti, who is Eddie van halens sons band, among many other rock bands. Elvis' albums have really great sounding bass and incredible drums. I'd love to get him to work with guns n roses. While most of his wrk is digital, He also records sometimes using analog equipment, which is so rare to find nowadays.

Edited by RockerRoller
Spelling error

14 hours ago, Rovim said:

Mutt Lange

All the Young Dudes guy? But whoever produced Poison and Brutal Planet by Alice, I like the production on them, big but not really glossy. 

But in the end Clink will be a piece of the puzzle people are wanting put back together. As MM said can't say you breaking the rules if you can't put them back together again. 

Jimmy Page as always is an option. 

• Like 1