POLL: Billy Joel or Elton John?

Silent Jay

Billy Joel or Elton John?  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

:rofl-lol: Fuckin hell man!!!

I love that Bundy tried to explain that shit away too :lol:  'there's a reasonable explanation for ALL those things!  I was skiing down the dry slopes downtown, i took my mask with me to bed it in before my trip to Switzerland, the cuffs are because I'm thinking of training to be a police officer and the hammer is for....removing any nails that might get lodged in my car tyre, you never can be too careful!' :lol:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

I love that Bundy tried to explain that shit away too :lol:  'there's a reasonable explanation for ALL those things!  I was skiing down the dry slopes downtown, i took my mask with me to bed it in before my trip to Switzerland, the cuffs are because I'm thinking of training to be a police officer and the hammer is for....removing any nails that might get lodged in my car tyre, you never can be too careful!' :lol:

:rofl-lol: Brilliant!

3 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

:rofl-lol: Brilliant!

Maybe I'm sick or something but i find these serial killers hilairious, most of em.  Not what they did, just the ridiculous defences they come up with.  Like Gacy, 50 bodies under the crawlspace under his house 'someone else musta done it, i go out on business and leave people in charge of my house', you fuckin' nobhead :lol: 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

In tears here, mate! Fuckin' class! :rofl-lol:

Even Huntley, do you remember that fuckin' ugly inadequate mouth-breathers defence 'well what it was was right, that she was in my house and she had a nosebleed, so i took her to the bath and she slipped and she fell and drowned and her mate well i was covering her mouth to stop her screaming and before i knew it they was both dead, oh let us off, go on!', fuckin' prick.  

34 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Even Huntley, do you remember that fuckin' ugly inadequate mouth-breathers defence 'well what it was was right, that she was in my house and she had a nosebleed, so i took her to the bath and she slipped and she fell and drowned and her mate well i was covering her mouth to stop her screaming and before i knew it they was both dead, oh let us off, go on!', fuckin' prick.  

Probably seemed like a believable sequence of events in his warped fucking mind, the horrible cunt! :anger:

1 minute ago, bucketfoot said:

Probably seemed like a believable sequence of events in his warped fucking mind, the horrible cunt! :anger:

I just can't fuckin' get me head around how he expected anyone to believe him, if i was the copper taking that statement I would just fuckin' belt him one for insulting my fuckin' intelligence.  How are we suddenly talkin' about serial killers now?!? :lol:  Lemme bring it back...

I like the song Daniel, there, i admitted it :lol:

43 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I just can't fuckin' get me head around how he expected anyone to believe him, if i was the copper taking that statement I would just fuckin' belt him one for insulting my fuckin' intelligence.  How are we suddenly talkin' about serial killers now?!? :lol:  Lemme bring it back...

I like the song Daniel, there, i admitted it :lol:

Yeah, we've derailed the thread a bit to be fair, nice to get back on track. :lol:

21 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

The Diving Board was excellent though. Oceans Away, My Quicksand and The New Fever Waltz are great songs.

I agree. It is a great album. I think I worded my previous post poorly, because I do really enjoy some of his newer work. I just don't think it reaches any kind of heights that his classic albums do. But I guess that's a natural phenomenon of long-time great artists.

hard to say, different versions of the same thing.  billy joel's "52nd Street" record is amazing.  and elton john's entire 70's catalog is brilliant.  maybe i'd go with elton because elton still writes and records AND RELEASES new material with i always find that impressive with rich rock stars, it shows a true love and passion remains for the music (in most cases, minus any alimony records).   billy joel admittedly no longer writes new material and that's always bummed me out.  he should do a solo piano record.  

2 hours ago, Sunset Gardner said:

hard to say, different versions of the same thing.  billy joel's "52nd Street" record is amazing.  and elton john's entire 70's catalog is brilliant.  maybe i'd go with elton because elton still writes and records AND RELEASES new material with i always find that impressive with rich rock stars, it shows a true love and passion remains for the music (in most cases, minus any alimony records).   billy joel admittedly no longer writes new material and that's always bummed me out.  he should do a solo piano record.  

I see what you're saying, but I think both approaches still have merit. For an artist to keep creating is pretty inspirational. However, an artist that decides that they've had enough and have written enough popular music is still a good decision for them. I think Joel wanted to move on from popular music, as he still writes a lot of classical music these days. He just doesn't release much of anything anymore.

Just now, Zeppelin said:

I see what you're saying, but I think both approaches still have merit. For an artist to keep creating is pretty inspirational. However, an artist that decides that they've had enough and have written enough popular music is still a good decision for them. I think Joel wanted to move on from popular music, as he still writes a lot of classical music these days. He just doesn't release much of anything anymore.

i agree, billy joel should do whatever he wants and follow his heart and write classical.  just as a selfish fan i would love to see him recommit because i'd dig a new record.   52nd street, turnstiles & the stranger are all brilliant records.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Maybe I'm sick or something but i find these serial killers hilairious, most of em.  Not what they did, just the ridiculous defences they come up with.  Like Gacy, 50 bodies under the crawlspace under his house 'someone else musta done it, i go out on business and leave people in charge of my house', you fuckin' nobhead :lol: 

i like the defense lawyers that come up with the excuses, these scum are too idiotic to come up any of that on their own :facepalm: well most of them, i think Bundy was his own defense lawyer if memory serves.